Hussein sentenced to death

• classified
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Bahrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
A combative Saddam Hussein was sentenced Sunday to death by hanging for his role in a brutal crackdown nearly 25 years ago in Dujail. A five-member tribunal met amid heavy security and sweeping curfews in Baghdad and elsewhere, as authorities braced for violent reactions.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/11/ ... index.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it going on pay-per-view ?

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm surprised he is being executed.. I thought we were supposed to be turning Iraq into a civilised democracy?

He is appealing though, And so he should, The trial was a farce, So it might not happen and even if it does it wont be for a number of years.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
The trial was a farce,

Wow that same sentence was just in an article I read. How original meman.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

He shouldn't be allowed a trial. This guy is evil and the sooner we get rid of him the better.

I understand how bland and unoriginal that previous statement was, but i really don't care. Assuming he killed a fraction of the people he was supposed to have killed then he deserves any punishment, and being hung (very harsh death i might add) would be nothing in comparison to all the pain and grief he would have caused people in Iraq over the years he dictated the country.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

He's gonna poop his pants in front of everybody :lol:
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
meman wrote:
The trial was a farce,

Wow that same sentence was just in an article I read. How original meman.

It's quite a common thing to say about trials that are farcical.
I could try inventing some new words for you, But i don't know how much of it you would understand.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

So the trail was a farce, we all knew his people were going to find him guilty no matter what, we knew the outcome before it started. So what's the big deal?
You of all people meman should be glad that someone who attempted genocide is to be put to death or do you believe that genocide is an acceptable practice?
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just because i'm against the specific punishment doesn't mean i support the crime.

He should be punished. But killing people is always wrong, isn't it?
Or is it wrong when he does it and right when we do it?
Is it always right if you support the reason for the killing?

Executions aren't something that civilized people should do, It's damaging to society to have the government killing people.
  • gisele
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Nimes (France)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,
Hi david,
For Meman I think the question hasn't to be asked like that.
The pro-death penalty doesn’t have a corner on the struggle against genocides and mostly evil you must accept the fact that, for some people, Meman could be in a sense even more hostile than you to killing.

Everyone should have the right to give a sense or find a stake to this trial and I think you missed witch stake Meman was talking about.

This stake rises above the obvious question about what we should think about genocide.
And just thinking than Meman could deem acceptable Sadam practice it's like choosing the easy way to give oneself the beautiful role.
  • gisele
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Nimes (France)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry Meman, I hadn't seen your answer :-)
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

So meman if capital punishment is to brutal and would lower humanity down to where it would never recover, what punishment would be acceptable for a person like him
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

david murphy wrote:
So meman if capital punishment is to brutal and would lower humanity down to where it would never recover, what punishment would be acceptable for a person like him

Life in prison.

What makes his killing worthy of execution and our killing worthy of praise?
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

So humanity should keep his life and cause alive due to the fact that his live is much more important than the people his decisions ended (1=2million that's fair)
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Who said his life was more important? All life is equal. Which is why if it's wrong for him to kill it must also be wrong for us to kill.

You still havn't answered the question. At what point does killing people become "ok"?
Is it ok as long as you agree with the reason for the killing? I find it amazing that people can't see how hypocritical it is to say "what? He killed people? That's terrible! Let's kill him!"

Do you know how many people have died in Afganistan and Iraq sine we started our killing? I'll tell you, over 800,000 in 3 years.
What punishment should bush and blair recieve?
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
Who said his life was more important? All life is equal. Which is why if it's wrong for him to kill it must also be wrong for us to kill.

You still havn't answered the question. At what point does killing people become "ok"?
Is it ok as long as you agree with the reason for the killing? I find it amazing that people can't see how hypocritical it is to say "what? He killed people? That's terrible! Let's kill him!"

Do you know how many people have died in Afganistan and Iraq sine we started our killing? I'll tell you, over 800,000 in 3 years.
What punishment should bush and blair recieve?

some how you got a good point ...
but without the death penalty many crimes can go on for ever .
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman, I can't possibly think that your IQ is so low that you think bush and blair are trying to commit genocide and their acts of aggression ever came without warning. Do you believe that the prison system under Iraqi control could possibly detain your angel for the rest of his life? Maybe they should give him house arrest and let him face the people that he tried to exterminate on a daily basis and then magically see the wrongs of his ways. He could then plant flowers on each and every grave to make up for his alleged crimes. And when he is fully restored back to humanity he could go to your house and your new boyfriend and you could light candles together and solve the problems of the world. I underestimated you meman you single handedly could solve all of the worlds problems. Let him live.... let him live.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

over the span of 20 years, Hussein was responsible for the deaths of 200-250,000 civilians. Recently, a report was released, which I'm sure most of us here have come across, tallying an amazing figure -- the Iraq war has caused the deaths of nearly 600,000 civilians, resulting from both US and opposition forces. That number was under tremendous skepticism, a respected military official has already said the number is more like under 400,000 -- nevertheless, we want the death of one man responsible for the deaths of a nearly a quarter million, we who respresent a government responsible for the deaths of nearly a half a million...

He is a murderer, but aren't we (our country)?

I believe what meman is arguing is the basic principal surrounding such a thought.

Death by hanging? This is 2006, not the Salem witchtrials of 1692. His death really means nothing, considering the thousands of others our country is responsible for year after year... at least we can show we are more advanced than the 17th century by maybe cutting him in half with a laser beam... just a thought.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

mr_darek wrote:
Death by hanging? This is 2006, not the Salem witchtrials of 1692. His death really means nothing, considering the thousands of others our country is responsible for year after year... at least we can show we are more advanced than the 17th century by maybe cutting him in half with a laser beam... just a thought.

Didn't they dunk them in pools of water - sink or swim also they burned some of them. So hanging isn't a beautiful thing, it is public and that is what they may want. Most prisoners or criminals are sentenced to death after one count of murder, not over 250 thousand.
*gee if you have killed just one more human Mr.Hussien we would have ended your life, but instead you can live the rest of yours behind our jail. Oh yeah if you do escape or get freed please don't kill anyone anymore. Thankyou, Humanity*
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good stuff mr_darek

Dave, you seem to be oblivious to the amount of killing we have done. Is it ok to kill a quater of a million civilians, as long as they are killed in your name with your tax dollars?

Personally i don't see any difference between the way saddam killed and the way we are killing. Is it "ok" for children to die after breating in phosphorus?
It is ok to bomb a school and then say "oh *plum*, we thought they were terrorists".
Is it ok to shoot missiles in to a hospital then say "we heard there were terrorists there".

If killing is wrong it bhas to be wrong for everyone.

Of course, what saddam has done is bad, he is a bad bad man, But what we have done is also bad. but killing him isn't going to right any wrongs, and personally i don't see how justice can be served by having what is practicallly a state funded state ordered murder.

Civilized people do not kill people.
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

they aint killing him ... i doubt it .

things will go from bad to CHAOS in Iraq .
i wont believe it until i see it !
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Most prisoners or criminals are sentenced to death after one count of murder, not over 250 thousand.

It's ALOT easier to oust someone that only has uncle Tom & their girlfriend backing them up.

Quote:
at least we can show we are more advanced than the 17th century by maybe cutting him in half with a laser beam

Maybe play some Pink Floyd in the background ?
Now THAT, would make for good pay-per-view.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

mr_darek wrote:
Death by hanging? This is 2006, not the Salem witchtrials of 1692.

This is Iraq we are talking about, not the US, Canada or the UK. That is how they do things over there. I'll be anxiously awaiting the hanging video to pop up on the internet.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
I'll be anxiously awaiting the hanging video to pop up on the internet.

Pfft, I found it on Limewire two days ago, it's nothing special.
He looks like he lost weight in the video though, and maybe he changed his hair or somthing. :scratchhead:
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
Civilized people do not kill people.

So Hussien can go around killing and for his defense he can say "I'm uncivilized it's ok for me to kill, just check civilized person's handbook. Hehe you can't kill me your to civilized to do so. Just lock me up, make sure you use one of those cheap locks, and give me my three squares bitches, I mean Sirs."

Oh yeah, I've paid over $3,500 a year in taxes for about fifteen years. So the answer to your previous questions is yes it is ok, it is ok with me. Next, you'll be telling me I'm uncivilzed, maybe I am.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
So Hussien can go around killing and for his defense he can say "I'm uncivilized it's ok for me to kill, just check civilized person's handbook. Hehe you can't kill me your to civilized to do so. Just lock me up, make sure you use one of those cheap locks, and give me my three squares bitches, I mean Sirs."

It's no defence to say he is uncivilized. Which is why he should be in prison for ever. I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong or that he should go free, I'm just saying it's not a good thing to kill people. It's not good when saddam does it, It's not good when a Iraqi court does it and it's not good when we do it.

I wonder, are you intentionally failing to grasp practically every point i am making as some kind of defence? To rephrase, are you playing dumb or is it genuine?

Quote:
Oh yeah, I've paid over $3,500 a year in taxes for about fifteen years. So the answer to your previous questions is yes it is ok, it is ok with me. Next, you'll be telling me I'm uncivilzed, maybe I am.

There is no maybe about it, You are uncivilized, and a coward.
To pay someone else to kill children, pay for the weapons they use to do it and then say you are "ok" with it, in my mind, is far worse than what saddam done.

You seem to want to kill saddam for killing, Which in it's self is about as backwards as it gets, and they you have the nerve to say you are ok with the killing your country is doing with your money... It basically boils down to one rule for them and another for us, right?
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unless they accept our rules , yep
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
It basically boils down to one rule for them and another for us, right?

Aint non-global court systems a pain in the ass ?
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

david murphy wrote:
Unless they accept our rules , yep

What rules?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland