IE8 is the best! Wait, what?! Who wrote this??

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google's GMAIL is a lot of Javascript.

On that argument you quoted (of mine), I didn't really know what to say... I just felt that Javascript wasn't wrong to use for DOM processing and that stuff... didn't consider the fact that some developers use Javascript for everything.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Punch developers in the face LOL, Love that!

Bogey the point is this. I am by no means a super programmer but I know enough to know that I wouldn't dare try implementing a system unless I had 100% certainty that I was able to do it correctly. Sure I might site around and hack at it a bit in a dev environment but I would launch the system for business/public consumption.

The web is not about design practises. It is about standards compliance. Image the scenario where by IE wasn't able to render a single site because the document was valid but it was unable to render the document. It would then be MS responsibility to rectify the issues not developers problems to hack to fit. So it is kinda like contract driven development. I fulfill my responsibility in what I say is going to be available and beyond that point you are responsible for making sure you can use it.

I think Spork pretty much summed up what I was trying to say
  • Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:

On that argument you quoted (of mine), I didn't really know what to say... I just felt that Javascript wasn't wrong to use for DOM processing and that stuff... didn't consider the fact that some developers use Javascript for everything.

Javascript is handy but again, flyout menus, a more engaging user experience, async requests and post backs. It is just silly (very cool don't get me wrong but silly). The HTML/XHTML should never contain any processing logic, it is a display language not a processing language. Just because Google does it doesn't make it right either LOL

I personally despise the big companies that insist on showing us "the cool stuff" that can be done as opposed to enforcing the most important part about programming. It has to be smart and sometimes it is smart to dumb things down.

HTML/XHTML are display languages for formatting data to be processed into human readable format. I mean you would never think about doing form variable validation in SQL would you? We just need to be clever when assessing things. As a network admin once said to me "Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should". We just getting to smart for ourselves :)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rabid Dog wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Javascript is handy but again, flyout menus, a more engaging user experience, async requests and post backs. It is just silly (very cool don't get me wrong but silly). The HTML/XHTML should never contain any processing logic, it is a display language not a processing language. Just because Google does it doesn't make it right either LOL

I personally despise the big companies that insist on showing us "the cool stuff" that can be done as opposed to enforcing the most important part about programming. It has to be smart and sometimes it is smart to dumb things down.
Point taken. I understand where you are going from... keep it simple yet functional type of thing :)

Rabid Dog wrote:
HTML/XHTML are display languages for formatting data to be processed into human readable format. I mean you would never think about doing form variable validation in SQL would you? We just need to be clever when assessing things. As a network admin once said to me "Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should". We just getting to smart for ourselves :)
I'm not the type of person who throws in something just because I know it... I throw something only if I really need it, or if it helps my site be user-friendly or something.

I used to do that, but I like to think I stopped... if I still do, then, post in my review site section and tell me what I added that isn't needed...
  • Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey the comment weren't direct at you specifically, if you learned your lesson then I applaude you :) Will give your sites a visit and give some feedback :)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rabid Dog wrote:
Bogey the comment weren't direct at you specifically
I didn't take that comment to be directed at me specifically, just one in that list :lol:
  • George Burnstien
  • Born
  • Born
  • George Burnstien

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL what do you expect? Thats a little unfair to say that they are biased. What web browser doesn't say there the best?
Firefox says there the best, Chrome says there the best, why not microsoft too? I am not a fan of internet explorer at all. I was a fan of Firefox, but every since version 3 it got sluggish and slow. So in my opinion Ie8 is better than even firefox 4. I wanted to switch to chrome but I did not like the privacy issues, I mean firefox has no privacy issues so why deal with it in chrome? So SRWare Iron is my default browser. In my opinion Iron is the best it is like firefox once was. fast, safe, reliable.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG what a fail, that is a huge bunch of bs!!!!!!

M$ are funny little monkeys
  • Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here we go again ...

My browser is better, no my browser is better no but mine is better blah blah blah blah. Use what you want! I still cannot stand any of them
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rabid Dog wrote:
Here we go again ...

My browser is better, no my browser is better no but mine is better blah blah blah blah. Use what you want! I still cannot stand any of them

haha i am just going to write my own browser with black jack and hockers and a theme park with a minecraft tab and really that will be the only way to solve the issue is to write your own lol haha
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

IE does marketing this way but isn't all browsers (manufacturers) doing the same? Chrome has google dot com serving a popup saing "experience a faster way to browse the internet", its questionable if chrome is faster than IE 9. :hmm:

And firefox got this: mozilla (DOT) com/en-US/firefox/switch (DOT) html
Quote:
going from IE to Firefox is like trading in your minivan for a sports car.
hmm.. :roll:
  • HIG-Jerry
  • HIG-Jerry
  • Loc: Hosting It Green

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting read, where they get off with such nonsense is beyond me.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 42 posts