Instagram sold to Facebook for $1 Billion

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to admit that i was scratching my head trying to work out what Facebook were getting from this deal. That was until i saw this article...

Facebook buys Instagram for $1 Billion
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The internet is about to be overrun by poorly-shot, sepia-toned photos from wannabe-hipsters.

God help us all.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
The internet is about to be overrun by poorly-shot, sepia-toned photos from wannabe-hipsters.

God help us all.

lololol

guess there is going to be another layout change within the next 2-3 months i guess.

oh joy.
  • KimberlyNK2_

Post 3+ Months Ago

There cannot be so many people that are on instagram that haven’t already signed on FB. Of course, there will be some, but not a number worth paying a billion dollars for.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

FB mentioned that they had no intention on integrating Instagram with FB and are quite happy to allow Instagram to be integrated much like they are right now.

It's an interesting piece of business.
  • IJR112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • IJR112

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was pretty confused by the price of this. $1 billion is a lot of money for hipster photographs.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

IJR112 wrote:
I was pretty confused by the price of this. $1 billion is a lot of money for hipster photographs.

if enough people use it then it will be worth more but then again he could just be slapping that down to make sure they take the deal lol. someone offers a retirement plan on the table and you don't take it lol.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think Instagram had any worries about covering the costs of any retirement. The rate it was growing it was inevitable they were going to have companies like Facebook sniffing around.

If you think about it, it wasn't long ago Facebook were the same size and they grew because they explored other areas in the social network scene to make their income. It was only a matter of time Instagram explored other revenue streams and become a possible competitor in the advertising market which seems to be the massive thing at the moment.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

agreed.

advertising is the key to getting the name out there the more people at your finger tips the better. But Facebook has just taken over really, soon they will all team up and change their name to the umbrella corporation lol.

wonder what is next after they get all the advertising company's?
  • Gooseman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gooseman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know abot you guys, but I'm fed up with all these wannabe photographers with instagram on their phones.
  • Mistletoe
  • Mistletoe

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think that it's a bad deal. It seams to me as kind of a fashion to take those hipster like photos. My friend who is a respectful professor at the uni takes such photos and it seem unstopable.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts