Insttant

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My friend was accepted to go down to San Fransisco to present at Tech Crunch 50 this year and he just gave his presentation. I've been working on and off with him on this project over this summer, after watching this video I kind of wish I jumped a little more on board to help out.

http://www.techcrunch50.com/2009/insttant/
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

That actually looks really interesting, are they only doing a private beta right now because it puts alot of load on the servers to process any requests? Would be interesting to try out.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

He's going to enter a private beta as soon as he gets some last few features done. Its insanely server intensive. He's been white listed on twitter so he can make upwards of 20,000 requests an hour to their servers and he uses all that he can to gather as much data as he can. He really has no idea how the webpage will handle large amounts of visitors so hes going to slowly stress test the servers. Thats the main reason for running a private beta.

I'll let him know your interested and see if I can pull some strings to get you in.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts