Internet "Bridges"

  • smith_zach89
  • Student
  • Student
  • smith_zach89
  • Posts: 71
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm putting an office a few floors up from my phone hook up, and there are twisting stairs which cause my wireless hook up to operate VERY slowly. I've heard of something called bridges, that basically go in between my wireless output device and the reciever, and re lay the message, keeping it strong. How exactly does this work, and where would be the best place to purchase a good "bridge."

(This may not even be the proper name for the device I need. I've got no clue how to do this.)
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 712
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, you should also investigate <a href="">repeaters</a>. We just talked about them in A2 computing, sounds like what you need, but I wouldn't know the details of your network, just one more thing for you to have to read about!

As for where... depends where you are in the world. I like <a href="">Dabs</a> in the UK.

Hope this helps!

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum

© 1998-2017. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.