INTRODUCE YOURSELF 2002-2003

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey melinda! great website and may I say Insane Art!!!! I really like it. I am yet to get to the point of being able to use photoshop to do all those cool things. I really like that style. I guess once I learn how to blend layers and stuff in so they dont just look pasted then I will be able to !

Anyhoo its all a learning process. I've never done a class on webpage making and people pay me to make em and ive had no complaints! so you will be able to no problem!

cyah!
Rose
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to Ozzu, Melinda! Your site is quite lovely, I do wish that I had that sort of artistic talent! The old fashioned way of creating webpages is very pleasing and I haven't actually done it any other way (but maybe if I tried my pages would actually look better...). Ah well, I hope that you enjoy it here, it's a great place to learn and have fun!
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

welcome! I am the retard that doesnt know crap about anything... :D

I just sit and lool pretty...
  • She God
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: California (Land Of The Cackling Sun)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you musik, I’m rather proud of my art as well. Although you have to realize %70 of it was pretty much created by accident. Like the zombie girl…pure twiddling about. While on the other hand I’ll spend week trying to make something and it’ll only end up in the rejected part of my hard drive. (My graveyard of images is three times bigger then the ones I like) So keep trying with photoshop, maybe you’ll make a mistake and it’ll come out rather pretty looking. And you’ve actually gotten people to give you money? I try, but most people either want something I can’t do, or they want me to do something and pay me nothing = ).

And thank you as well, Geekette. I used to do my web pages by hand, but once I got dreamweaver it’s so hard to go back. With dreamweaver I can focus on making my site look pretty, rather then screaming at the tables to do what I want them to do. The only problem is that I’m not all that flexable outside dreamweaver. That’s actually why I joined, to try and expand my web skills.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey she god, glad to see you got your name sorted out!
  • The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bonjour Heart and She god! Welcome to Ozzu, the home of etc...
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well....
Im 16 years old
I live in chicago
My intrests are computers (dugh), the art of webmastery (yes! Of course its an art!), sports, programing (All types and languages), digital graphic designing (adobe photoshop is my main program), and of course creating flash movies...
I use redhat linux
I am part of the Ubergeek Staff
I like punk music and a little old school rock and roll
Im hoping to get accepted in Notre dame (currently holding a 4.2 GPA so I think I got a good chance) after high school or maybey UIC.

^ Sig in process 80% done!
[/url]
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nego wrote:
Im hoping to get accepted in Notre dame (currently holding a 4.2 GPA so I think I got a good chance) after high school or maybey UIC.

Um, 4.2 GPA? I though the highest was 4.0. If not please explain I am curious.

Welcome to the board Nego :)
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome, Nego! :D

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Um, 4.2 GPA? I though the highest was 4.0. If not please explain I am curious.

These extra two-tenths of a point had to have been attained from honors or AP courses. An honors course gives you something like .04 for Honors and then .08 for AP (I forget exactly what it is, and probably varies between schools). Thus it is actually possible to graduate with a 5.0! I've heard that some colleges don't really count the weighted GPA, though. :-/

Good luck getting into Notre Dame, Nego!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is odd. When I was in highschool and took honors courses or college courses, we never got that boost in GPA. Have they just started this recently? Or maybe my school just didn't do it.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

*waves to Nego* :D
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i've heard of the GPA boosting, but from what I understand the overage
of .2 is virtual and not real. hope that makes sense. It's a caluculated
inflation, just for show.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats sounds so true...don't know tho, It makes sense though because if someone works their ass off taking honors courses, they should get some credit, compared to people who take all easy courses and pull a 4.0
  • tierra
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess I've been on the board about a week and never bothered to introduce myself.

I've been into website design for 4 years now I think. I'm 19, and am currently inbetween semesters attending the University of Utah going into Computer Science. My main goal isn't that of website design, but really computer programming. Website design has just been a fun hobby off to the side, which is why I'm really into PHP programming with SQL database work.

I'm heavy into the hacker scene... no, not the one your thinking. I regularly attend 2600 meetings at our local active 2600 group at http://www.2600slc.org . And a regular at our new DC801 meetings (DefCon Group Meetings). I'm not just an attendee at the anual DefCon Conventions http://www.defcon.org , but I also help run a couple of the events down there. I have a couple bigger side projects I'm not completely active in right now, but they're ongoing projects. Both StormBot http://www.stormsource.org , and TIMap http://www.sf.net/projects/timap/ .

My interests really leaned towards website design with the first of my work being on our High School website http://www.rhs.jordan.k12.ut.us , where I got my first taste of PHP programming, and helping physically run the webserver.

I have a bit of experience with color matching and I know my color wheel, which makes for good designs as far as color scheme which is almost the first thing I look at. I'm currently getting myself more familiar with CSS, and I preferably stay away from javascript.

I'm am in a partnership in a full registered LLC company Enigma Design - http://www.enigmadesign.net . The company was started up after High School with all 4 partners barely being of legal age to be in the partnership =). It's currently still running strong with a number of clients, and brings in some cash on the side while we're all still going to college and working on other things.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

hellooooo :D
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Guys!
Thanks for the Support

Nego ~
  • skuff
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Merseyside, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello OZZU dudes :)

Name: Skuff
Occupation : Apparently I'm the person responsible for teaching the elderly populace of New Brighton how to operate a mouse.
Hobbies: Finding new and interesting ways to avoid teaching the elderly populace of New Brighton how to operate mice (or it that mouses?)

I came here looking for some help with submitting forms on my online junk shop of a website and then I noticed there was a digital image/photography section on the forum which is something I've just begun to get into so I think I may stay a while.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

*waves*

Hi skuff! I'll spare you my welcome joke!

haha

Cheers!
Rose :D
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello and howdy!

although we've met in the photography section already. ;)
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi skuff
*pull up a chair and stick around a while* :lol:
  • theSpear
  • theSpear
  • Loc: Atlanta, GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

*burp*
  • She God
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: California (Land Of The Cackling Sun)

Post 3+ Months Ago

You poor man, my grandmother came over once and saw me twiddling with a web page, and asked me what I was doing. She had no idea what the Internet was, or how to use the computer, BUT really wanted to know about my stuff. So I’d explain it the best I could, and her eyes would glaze over, and I'd have to start all over again because she was persistent.

I couldn't even think of what it would be like teaching a class of students that never used a computer until they were retired. I already go insane trying to get my mom to change her resoultion on her computer.

Me:"Now Right click"
Her:"wha?
Me: *Screams*
  • skuff
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Merseyside, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't remember the amount of times I've had to tell my Gran that she can't access the BBC web site through her toaster. It doesn't stop her trying though :)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi
  • tyco
  • tyco

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yo skuff
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi hi !!
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Name: Chris

just stumbled on to this web site and thought I would register and throw out a few posts.

current occupation: Working for a ISP doing wireless point to multi-point home and business Internet connections

also working on a linux email server....not as funny as I would like it.

Hobbies: Riding my harley, working on restoring a 52 chevy pickup, and anything else that comes up :D

the reason I picked ModernDestroyer was I always seem to break stuff like tools, computers, and other stuff

Been working with PC's since I was around 14

was in the Air Force worked on A-10A and the RQ-4A (Global Hawk)

other than that not to much else
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 593 posts