*weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
banter away off topic peoples:
:arrow: http://www.ozzu.com/viewtopic.php?p=16708
  • rockart
  • rockart

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,
Webdeveloper Sydney Australia.
hmmm, da clients think 'cause they dont' know what you are doing, that you must.
And occasionally, lo, it is so. On other occasions, sadly...
but thats y i hang out in these places 'cause there is always someone who’s just done it.
And that lucky person is going to tell me how it's done with all the little steps and not missing a thing cause they don’t have anything else to do, right?
hmmm,,,
Gadgets, yeah I love ‘em 2
What I love is automation. Ever since I was a kid if you can press a button over here and something happens over there, love it!
I love gauges. *plum* I don’t know why but if there is a needle moving back and 4th I like. So I love recording in the studio tho there is more to it than that ( I think).
If someone else wrote this I would think they are bent.
Hmmm… keeps me sane.
Stay cool dudes
rOCKART

oH yeah, married 8yo twins boy/girl
dreamweaver photoshop html stml (short term memmorie loss :-) pc reboots soccer swimming fun runs . age: older than u
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

heh, welcome to the board!! Great intro! Twins rock! :D
  • rockart
  • rockart

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ta
Google is my BEST! friend.
it's got so I don't get out of my chair for a dickshunree or anything.. Just ask google. sometimes I feel guilty for being there so often and wearing out the server (or my welcome).
R
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:
  • xaccrocheur
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: paris fr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all.

First & foremost English is *not* my native tongue. Bad, twisted english ahead.(1)

My name is Philippe, but ever since Multiplayer doom the world knows me as "xaccrocheur" (it comes from a short story from Robert Sheckley)

I'm in Paris France where I lived most of my life. I was 36 last time I checked, I got a wonderful 14 ys old daughter who's right now only speaking to me via Bluetooth IM, no kidding, you got to watch the geekiness level of kids.

I'm a web developer whenever I feel the urge to work, not so much for the money but because after 2 months I become a lazy moron watching TV and taking drugs all day long. I'm a writer too, but strangely, I cannot write anything worth reading if I'm doing JUST that. I need a day job to be readable, and that makes sense. when you think of it.

I totally failed at school, to the point where I ended up finishing my school cycle in a psychiatric hospital ! (No kidding. BTW, great fun there)*
Then I escaped from my home at 16 to live in a government-managed "young workers house" where, well advised by ppl concerned about me, I decided to learn photography, right before the Amiga 1000 was out, remember ?
Those ppl and this machine saved my bacon. I mean, I was not in death danger, just in a crappy situation where no one, specially ME, knew what I wanted & needed.

Then from 20 to 30 I did virtually NOTHING but crappy punk-rock songs (a shoebox of greasy tapes, great fun too here) and take drugs.

And play SpeedBall with my friends on my Amigas.
This is when I became heterosexual, that is, before that I was really wondering...
At that time, one of my best friend died in a motorcycle crash, leaving the hospital where his wife just gave birth to a little girl. I then adopted the girl, she needed a father like a PC needs Linux, and got caught in a swirl of dipers, baby food, smiles, kid music, and well, I loved it. Now she got Doc Marteens shoes the size of BMW tires. She is beautiful, some would say hot, but not when I'm around ;)
Boy, was it FAST.

In 1995 I wrote a FTP client for the Mac 68k and asked my banker money to create a design and coding agency.

I put together ZDNet France in 98, closed the company (it was threatening of becoming dangerousely huge & succesful) and I'm still living on the money :)

Now I'm doing a website for a BIG (challenging the US leader;)) french supply chain Co whose mammoth killer application they sell I wrote the JAVA (swing JFC) module for.

I mean the chief of information is a guy I knew at catholic school when 10 ! He took me in pity 5, 6 months ago when he saw me lying on the living room sofa w/ a beer barking at the TV :)
He helped me with JAVA that we basically learned along together, him being a C++ guru it was a real walk thru the park. I mean I knew nearly nothing about JAVA @ that time, and was slowly loosing my landmarks in web design...
I will do this big website and then by that time, the album will be out.

I'm also recording a... Record with an OLD friend of mine who was playing bass in my bands, then worked overtime on umpteen albums as a sound engineer, and is now into dance music, house, funk, I mean seriously, with like 2000 waxes in his basement/studio, focused on 70-85, last time I discovered ESG, you know the 4 girls from Bronx NYC ? Wow. On our Tannoy speakers, it pumps you to heaven, and this thing is 20 years old !
I play the guitars, and sing. He does ALL the rest, including very fine pattern programming. It looks and sounds like nothing.
This is cool.

I just installed my new <a href="palmone.com/us/products/handhelds/tungsten-t3/">T|3</a> under Mandrake 9.1 and well, it makes my day.

As for my expectations, I do NOT want to be rich, heavens no, my family is, believe me, it's a nitemare.
No, instead, I want to be happy. I'll focus on that and surely earn a living in doing so, w/o even thinking of it.

I'd like to say one last thing, so then we can get going (I subbed here because I wanted to share CODE, not social *plum*, don't worry) you seem to be mostly Americans (I know you guys put Uppercases everywheren here we write France but french, so much 4 the grammar) and from what I read, see and hear, there seem to be a lot of misunderstanding in between us countries.

But at the end of the day, we really are in the same boat, even if it sounds cheesy to say that. We here were TERRIFIED by the WTC thing, and not only that.
We know you for a long time, guys.
We grew up with Happy days, listening to Led Zeppelin & Public Enemy.
We tripped in your marvelous Detroit cars, and generally used you great metal gear you make, when you made things (mid-eastern quality just don't cut it) and still, believe me, when it comes to design, build and market something, you guys rule.
For years we had, to know you, only what mainstream media wanted us to see and hear. But now, with the internet, we have everything, from KKK to Michael Moore, and that is just what we suspected : We really are NOT that far away.
We could learn A LOT from each other, you better believe it.
This is why I'm here, BTW.

I realize this blurb about me turned out to be... This is my day off, and I did not write like that for days !
How do you say "totally out of place" in a funny way ?
Sorry about that waste of space, ozzers.

Now enough of that crap, let's talk CODE :)

pX

(1) when I do a big, structural english mistake, I like to be corrected.
Please feel free to msg me about some idiocy that I said, this is how you learn.
Oh, and I DID use the SpellCheck function, witch BTW I find amazing, a personal first on a forum, bravo !
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to Ozzu, xaccrocheur. What a great introduction. You have quite a history. Kick back and make yourself at home.
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

welcome xaccrocheur, and rockart to ozzu enjoy your stay :D
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

excellent intro! by far the longest, most complete intro in ozzu's short,
but eventful, history.

welcome :)
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I woulda wrote that much also, but Honestly I am not that interesting! Welcome to OZZUUUUU!! :D
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to the forum xaccrocheur, and don't worry about your English, judging by what I read you speak better English than many people I know that have spoken it all their lives.

Maybe one day I will introduce myself in here :twisted:
  • xaccrocheur
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cuerock wrote:
Yeah I woulda wrote that much also, but Honestly I am not that interesting! Welcome to OZZUUUUU!! :D

I only wrote about the good parts, try it, it'll make your life look like an epic novel :)

I just perused the whole section, and found really cool bits of text :)

This looks like a fun place to hang :)
  • xaccrocheur
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
excellent intro! by far the longest, most complete intro in ozzu's short,
but eventful, history.

welcome :)

Wow, unflux, your website rocks.
I usually kinda *hate* flash sites, and this pleasantly made me think back.
Sound effects are really cool, and as for a showcase of your work, it is perfect.
bravo !
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome xaccrocheur! I hope you stay here at ozzu! Thanks for comming. Your input and questions will be a great value to the ozzu forum!
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

xaccrocheur wrote:
Wow, unflux, your website rocks.
I usually kinda *hate* flash sites, and this pleasantly made me think back.
Sound effects are really cool, and as for a showcase of your work, it is perfect.
bravo !
thx for the kind words. :)
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

var name = "Shane Waldeck";
var age = 19;
var format = "male";
var eyes = "grey";
var hair = "dark brown";
var enjoysTypesOfMusic = ["Electronic", "Alternative", "Heavy", "Emo", "Punk"];
var favoriteArtists = ["Aphex Twin", "Venetian Snares", "Chevelle", "Nirvana"];
var knownWebLanguages = ["HTML", "CSS", "JavaScript", "DHTML (very little)", "PHP/mySQL (just started)"];
var programsIUse = ["Photoshop 7", "Flash MX", "Dreamweaver MX"];
for (var info in this)
{
Well there isn't much to say about me that is at all interesting, I hate typing these things because all it does is just remind me of how boring I really am. So anyway, I grew up here in the dreaded Philadelphia, PA where I still reside. I didn't recieve my first computer until I was almost 16 years old. I adapted well to it though, and ended up building a newer and better computer within a year. I then got into computer networking and got pretty good at that, I was the first to pass all 4 semesters of the Cisco Networking Program at my high school (took me 2 full school years, which isn't bad because it was quite a bit shorter than the alotted time set forth by Cisco), so that's something to be proud of I guess.

But then I realized networking was not something I really wanted to be doing so I dove further into web programming and graphic design. So basically I started off learning HTML, whizzed through that and got into CSS and Javascript. I consider myself proficient in HTML and CSS (easy enough), and I am good at Javascript, but I am still learning a lot in it. Right now I am currently learning PHP/mySQL, which is proving to be interesting.

I also program in Actionscript (Macromedia Flash), and if you ask me, that is probably the language I program best in, which is kinda sad since I lack the ability to code anything actually useful, just quirky little effects. Kinda funny though, since I bought Flash thinking I would be a super cool animator, well I can't animate for diddle in it...hehe.

I dabble here and there in Java, but haven't done anything useful there either. I want to get more into C++ and C# hopefully in the future.

Alright, that takes care of web programming (and other programming) stuff, now about graphic design. I got a great deal on Photoshop from my sisters ex-boyfriend (who at the time worked at a computer store, and is where I got Flash and Dreamweaver from) I couldn't resist because I heard good things. I started dabbling in it, creating the usual filter-holic tacky nasty designs and passing them off as super cool like almost everyone new to graphic design likes to do. I like to think I have gotten better since then, I just take Unflux's word for it that I have.

I think that is about it for me.... boring right? heh.
}
stop();
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

not boring at all!! extremely creative and witty!! :D

welcome to the board!
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agree with Musik. well...welcome to the board lostinbeta... even though you have been here for a while lol...your just a tid bit late on the intro, but thats ok.
  • sirgamesalot
  • sirgamesalot
  • Loc: london ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the link musik!

Hello my names Eddy (ive been going by the sirgamesalot name for about 4.5 years).

Well im a Trance, computer sporty kind of web host :).
I enjoy webmastering and have been running sites sense 1999.
I live in london ontario CaNaDa and loving it.
Erm im very good at graphics and working on my 3D modeling atm.
I run a web hosting company called Server Burst Web Hosting, located at http://www.hostburst.com (although iam rebuilding it)

I offer very good prices for top notch hosting. Our servers are located in the best datacenter on the planet... PEER1.net
We run Dual Xeon processors at 2.5Ghz/processor. We are also looking into getting Dual Opterons :twisted: which should be VERY fun :).

anyways nuff spam and thanks for letting me join your nice forum !

Regards,
Eddy
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your canadian!! *YAHOO* canadians are the next best thing to australians ahahaha :lol: :D :cry:
  • vegeta9870
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Name:Matt
website: http://freewebs.com/zerogamingworld 1st ever site ive only been doing HTML about 3 months i want to start learning about PHP
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Musik: Thanks, I try :D

IMadmin: Yeah I know I have been here for a while now, and I actually wasn't going to post in here, but bordom won and besides, I thought it would be nice to share my info so you all can know me better as many people in this thread did previously.

I updated my mini bio with a picture of myself for some reason I don't know :P

Sirgamesalot: Clever name... hehe. Welcome to the forum.

Vegeta9870: I recommend getting a firm handle on HTML before jumping into something server-side like PHP. Learn the client-side before you go server-side. But then again, everyone has their own process to learn. Welcome to the forum.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hiya Matt, welcome!! I hope you find all the info you could want here! :D
  • vegeta9870
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

ty nice 2 meet u
  • lolaholic
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Twinnieville!

Post 3+ Months Ago

boo chikkaroo ..

fort i'd show my face in here lol

hi every1, i'm katie.

I'm 30 (31 soon, gawd i feel old!). I'm married, got a girl who's 1, n another baby on the way (7 weeks to go .. eek!) .. I live in the uk, delightful place it is, doesn't do much than rain :roll:

gawd, this feels like a meeting of alcoholics anonymous lol :P

did i need all that? lol, cos there was no way i was wading thru 21 pages .. :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 593 posts