INTRODUCE YOURSELF 2002-2003

• Marcus
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: NYC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear People,

Hello Fellow webmaster Friends! Just wanted to say hello to everyone as I just signed up to this forum. Recently I just started my own web designer forum and I hope develop it into a successful community. I came here to learn a lot from the people on this forum and hope to make some new friends while I am at it.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on developing my own forum, or if anyone is interested in helping me. Aside from that my main focus here is to learn a lot from everyone and make some new friends.

Warmest Regards,
Marcus
  • xaccrocheur
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: paris fr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, it's generally cool !

Only some things leave me lightly wondering, like I innocently asked about any real-time resources (IRC, IM) in the general discussion board, and got a reaction very much similar to what I'd imagine to receive if I had posted something highly controversial, say a personal comment on a big IT company, (any of 'em) oh well.

http://www.ozzu.com/viewtopic.php?p=19416#19416

Not that I care that much. Fact is, I don't give a cat's biscuit (fish ones : beahh) but I just don't see the point of locking THAT subject, when OK, discussing the matter over & over IS NOT very useful, but then again, a lot of topics should be considered like that...

Now I'm barely daring to ask where I can meet you guys on IRC when I feel like ? I mean this is not close to Ozzu, when I'm working I would never start a IRC session (let alone IM : this is just HELL, I hate those) unless it's required in the job, whereas it can reveal itself a precious collaborative tool, BTW. Talk about a BIG time-eater anyway.

So. When I'm home, hacking my server and gerally breaking my personal website, I like to chat a little, and that can as well turn into a code-sharing session with others (ozzers?) webmasters, that's why I'm asking. It's really a *detail*.

In Paris, today, weather is to die for.
You wake up, go to the window, look outside, and then kill yourself ;)

Seriously, if the weather is *plum* wherever you are guys, console yourself by thinking : There is ONE place where it's worse. Hell, it's not even *really* cold. This half-year of *plum* is what will make me LEAVE this (part of, at least) country, one day, not far away.

I salute all of you

pX

PS - spellcheck completed !

Guys, where the HECK did you find (write ?) this module ? Can I know more ? Please ?
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Dave...cough cough... ireferredhimtothissite....cough cough.Dave, you better post in here or i will rip your head off at school.

And Marcus...
Welcome to Ozzu Webmaster Forum! I hope you enjoy this enviroment with all these brilliant webmasters.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

xaccrocheur wrote:
Guys, where the HECK did you find (write ?) this module ? Can I know more ? Please ?

See this post for info about the spell checker and where the module came from:

http://www.ozzu.com/viewtopic.php?t=1631
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to OZZU everybody :D
  • natebomb
  • natebomb

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys, im 24, live in SD and half 1.5 year left till my Master Degree in Information Technology/Project managment.
I'll be having some Linux questions soon for ya..
talk to you soon

Nate
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

xaccrocheur

I finally read this post. Probably seemed like forever, but I do use ICQ vs IRC. ICQ connect=280064986

Don't take too much offence to the locking of your subject. If you read closely enough (and I saw that you had) it may be because all but a couple of us are new mods and still attempting to learn. So bare with us.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

mmm I just stumbled in here too.

xaccrocheur I just directed you to the thread where we had discussed chat stuff before. Sorry if you got the wrong idea, I just figured you would go to the link and see the reasons why we dont hang in irc and it would all be good.

Cheers and good ta meet ya anyhoo, dont hold it against me :wink:
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to Ozzu natebomb
  • natebomb
  • natebomb

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the welcome man!
its nice to be here, im looking forward to chatting with some of you

Nate
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome Nate! Man, I luv the way that rolls off your tongue.... Like Welcome mate but even better!
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome nate, glad to have you on board the OZZU train :twisted:
  • Mercury175
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey people. I've been invited to sick around with you guys by 'UNFLUX', nice guy that he is (Guessing ur guy dude, not meaning to offend u if u ain't!).

I'm an ICT Tech/Administrator for a company based in England. I dabble in all that technical including most web based and communication stuff. I work a lot in Dreamweaver 4! Yeah... And just punch away at the keys mostly. I'm 20 and just about still have my sight :shock: , being a bit of a code cutter.
I play around with crude JavaScript to make my sites a little more interesting and more recently perl, although I'm currently fighting with a windows 2003 server, which doesn't 'sprechen die lange'

This seems to be a kewl forum, looking forward to collaborating with you guys.

l8r
Merc.
  • d.bdesigns
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: South London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi im Derrick from the u.k im 16 yrs of age and currently at college studying graphic art, applied business, C.L.A.I.T, Photography, Biology...
Well i love art and just draw and draw all the time. Well in the past few months i have started to get the gist of all this Html coding and designing my own logos and images ... which can be found on my website...

Nice forum seems to have a great crew of people and full of life

L8ers
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

welcome! :)

Mercury175 - glad to see you've decided to stick around some. I got your PM, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. :D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Merc and Derrick - Welcome!
  • Jerry
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jerry
  • Loc: Carmel, NY USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I am Jerry. I am in the process of setting up my own site. I'll be the first to admit that I am really a newbie. I just figured out how to install and run CPANPLUS on my site. Now I have even more questions that need answers.

I was told that this was the place to come to for the best advice, so here I am. I can not wait to start collaborating with all of you.

Jerry

Where in the nursery rhyme does it say Humpty Dumpty is an egg?
  • lost_as_hell
  • Born
  • Born
  • lost_as_hell

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all, I like long walks on the beach at sunset , movies that have happy ending and quite nights just reading a book by the, Hey wait, wrong site.
Here we go, I'm a telecommunication tech in the Chicagoland area that has been interested in computers for a long time. I'm not the best hand but I can get around I guess. I joined in the hopes that some one out there might be able to help me with my 2003 ENT. server. I have it and well have never ran a windows server before. I have played with Linux and well not very good at that as well. Gotta try somewhere right.
  • elenapie
  • Born
  • Born
  • elenapie
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here goes, this is the first forum I've ever signed up for. You have a very interesting site with a lot of good info. I'm over 40, just graduated with my second masters (MBA and Computer Info Mgmt)...ya I like school...late bloomer. Been out of work for the past 2 years, then decided to take all the book knowledge and put it to good use. I started a business, Homemaker/Companion Agency in Florida (geared toward seniors) it's just starting to take off. Somehow I got sidetracked into redesigning a website for a non-profit organization, which lead to another....

My problem is with an iframe. I've redesigned a site for a couple of optomologists everything's fine except, their hosting company (Eyehub) has this canned program, Eyecyclopedia, which they offer their clients. They won't let me link to their database. They want me to put a link to the doctor's old page (YUK!) So I decided to use an iframe and import the page. This works fine, except I get the whole page.

Now, the question. Does anyone know of a way to get the linked page (which is viewed in the iframe) to open right justified. This would hide the old page header and button menu.

If you want to take a look at what I mean - (http://www.attheheart.com/losgatos/cyclopedia.asp)

I hope this makes sense, it's 2:30 am I've been working this since 8am this morning.
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello and welcome to all who have decided to join Ozzu! Hope you like the enviroment and stick around for a while!

- PluTunium
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

This is the first time that I have used forums, but then you have to start somewhere I guess!

My name is: Jonathon

I have finished university and I'm now trying to set up in business in the Internet Industry.

I had launched a site just under one year ago, which is now starting to take off.

That's all
Jonathon
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

This is the first time that I have used forums, but then you have to start somewhere I guess!

My name is: Jonathon

I have finished university and I'm now trying to set up in business in the Internet Industry.

I had launched a site just under one year ago, which is now starting to take off.

That's all
Jonathon
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool, welcome aboard Jonathon!
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to ozzu. Congrats on your site finally taking off and getting business. I hope Ozzu is a warm and fuzzy place for you to chill.
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to all the new people I have missed, enjoy the forum :D
  • mdipi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yo,
Mike is my name, flash, photoshop, fireworks, and dreamweaver is my game. 14 is the age, young i know but belive me i an put on a show.

Ok so basicly i know unflux from kirupa forum (usrnm: UNFLUX mine: mdipi.com) i got here thanks to him. I hope to be sticking around, i feel i have a lot to offer.

Currently addicted to: Coldplay - Flash - PHP - KirupaForum

-DiP
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

A big big welcome to natebomb, Mercury175, d.bdesigns/Derrick, Jerry, lost_as_hell, elenapie & john5269

(gee and I only went away one night and they all flood in!)

*hugz* cool to have you all aboard! :D
  • H3AN3Y
  • Loc: Dunno Yet

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, sup peeps I'm new here and i would just like to say hey
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ello!
  • tsnyderawt
  • tsnyderawt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Over the years I've created a couple of websites - the hard way. Instead of seeking out great webmaster resources like this one, I 'brute forced' my way through design, development, marketing, credit-card processing, etc. I was more interested in independence and doing it 'my way' than being efficient.

So now I'm going backwards and seeing what I missed out on. There is still so much to learn and apply to my sites. I still need to get a better handle on marketing and sales. It seems I wear the techie hat a little too long - tweaking and perfecting each pixel and prompt. I know I need to just promote my sites.

Perhaps one advantage is that I can now offer advice from my years of 'brute force' experience. It will probably be more akin to how not to develop a site than what you should do.

If you are interested, my first site was http://www.RealAdventures.com and my latest creation is http://www.AtlasWebTools.com.

Look forward to learning, sharing and helping others.

Tom

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 593 posts