INTRODUCE YOURSELF 2004

• X-Rayden
  • Born
  • Born
  • X-Rayden
  • Loc: Beauce, Quebec, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, i'd like to introduce myself... but first, i must pre-apologize for my english, its kinda my second language and my first at the same time... i grew in a french place (Quebec, Canada) but i was born in old orchard ... and my family is 50/50 french/english.

as i said, i'm from Quebec, Canada ... Beauce for thoses who know the region (right next to maine) and i'm a professional Multimediast ... i've done anything, but for a little time now i'm specialize in DVD Authoring (video edit/design... etc... all the way) and PHP Driven Webdesign.

My Name is Olivier ... but since it spell good only in french, i prefer X-Rayden ;) i'm a 26 male... single :oops:
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My turn.

Name: Mike

I have my BS in Computer Science and Engineering from Penn State and my MBA from UPenn. I am currently a programmer working for a large pharmaceutical company. A business colleague and I also operate an Internet Service Provider which was /.ed for blacklisting RIAA & MPAA sentinels.

Some languages I know:
- Java
- C/C++
- Asm x86
- Asm minix
- Vb 6/ Vb.Net
- Cobalt

I also am proficient in the following:
- Html/Xhtml
- Xml, Xslt
- CSS
- Javascript
- Perl

I am new here, found this place because I was searching on Google for a problem I was having and became instantly addicted. I will reply to any post where I think I can be of assistance. But beware; I have a tendency to rant. :twisted:

Oh yeah, I also have a MSDN universal license so I have CD cases upon CD cases of MSDN disks (just today I got VS.NET 2005 Beta!). I can also hold my own in Windows tweaking and performance. I am also a FreeBSD kiddy; I have more servers with FreeBSD than I brain cells left.

Finally, for future reference: Will code for Beer. I prefer Samuel Adams. :beerchug:

note: my spelling sucks because I type to fast to read wtf I am hitting.
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome
  • gladden
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gladden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Leila Lappin

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. I’ve been lurking and posting on various topics for a while. This is a great place and I find the people here very knowledgeable and helpful.

Thank you all and I look forward to share what I know (mostly server side coding issues) with people.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where at in Jersey? I was born and raised in Brick, NJ (The NJ Shore baby!).
  • gladden
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gladden

Post 3+ Months Ago

South Orange, Essex County.
  • Kavey
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kavey
  • Loc: Mo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Name : Wayne

Hi,

I came across this forum searching for domain registers. It looks like an awesome site for anyone who runs/works in hosting. I am now going through all the forums and there definitely seems to be alot of people in the field here. I love computers and servers and pretty much anything computer related. I once worked as a system admin/tech on a server and loved doing that as well. I am currently trying to get back into that field and it appears that alot of hosting owners are here so I am going to venture off and see if any of them are hiring ;) Feel free to contact me if you wish my aim msn yahoo and email are all in my profile. I am always willing to lend a helping hand to anyone that needs it so if you have questions or need a hand doing something let me know.
  • Mr Smith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mr Smith
  • Loc: Birmingham, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

this is a great forum....excellent range of topics and friendly, helpful people too :D

Some brief details of me etc.

Name: Joe Smith

Company: JSS Design (co-owner along with Tom Smith)

Skills/Interests:
Website Designing and developing, bodybuilding, films....the usual stuff

Why i came here:
Just stumbled across it in google whilst doing a random web design search! glad i did though.....good forum this :D

Joe
  • bob
  • Loc: In My Pants

Post 3+ Months Ago

guess i'll start here, for posting.

Name: Bob
Schooling: 2 year Design School (graduated a year ago, had two freelance jobs since)
Job: IT Technician (also designing the company's regional site)

i've observed this site for a while now, decided to actually join. i much prefer print design instead of web design, but it's still another one o my passions. and i'll never turn down the opportunity to learn more tricks and skills.

i definitely prefer simplicity in my websites and design... applying to the rule of "less is more". but i admire any website that uses good design techniques, whether it's simple or complex...
  • Phil
  • Born
  • Born
  • Phil
  • Loc: Geneva, Switzerland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi:
I am a professional photographer located in Geneva, Switzerland (Europe). As you will shortly see my I am also a webpublisher. [/php]
  • Kally
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Kally

Post 3+ Months Ago

Name: Kally
Purpose: Just trying to learn everything I can about various internet-related subjects, such as computer languages, servers, databases, etc.. I'm endlessly curious and trying to take advantage of my youth to learn everything I can.

I started seriously getting into computers about two years ago. Since then I've gone from totally inept to upper-intermediate in HTML, beginning to learn JavaScript and PHP, trying to grasp MySQL, and running a webserver. Whenever I find a problem I ruthlessly track down its cause and one of my favorite phrases is "GOOGLE IT N00B!" :lol:
  • pez
  • Born
  • Born
  • pez

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im Pez(the name given to me by my friends)
Im at uni and am incharge of the radio station website.
  • whatupjohnnyb
  • Born
  • Born
  • whatupjohnnyb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi my name's JohnnyB

I'm new to web design, i just opened jjwatz.com .

There's really nothing much there yet, but i'm excited to have at least started.

I'm interested in Baseball, College Football, Computers, and various other distractions. I graduated from UF and am currently figuring what to do with the rest of my life.

I've got a great girlfriend and family.

Nice to meet you all.

JB
  • bardo
  • Born
  • Born
  • bardo

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello everyone

name: Gian Carlo (its spanish and no, im not mexican)

ive seen most people know about computer languages and stuff like that, i know nothing but im willing to learn :P . i know spanish and english.
im into any kind of computer game, MMORPGs and counter-strike are my favourites :twisted:

cya
bardo
  • Antigen
  • Antigen

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hiya

Name: Emil Ahman

Ive been doing digital art and webdesign for about 7 years.. im currently employed at Bluesfear.com and i work on as a webmaster at a computer company here in sweden..

thnx
  • geko
  • Born
  • Born
  • geko

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have just registered with WINMX 7 hours ago, and paid $43 for a lifetime subscription. However, I was not able to download any songs at all. I am very upset by this as I do not even know how to contact the WINMX people. Can someone help me please? Each time i downloaded a song, my status was 0 of 2,560,550, or 0 of (some other million figures), which leaves me totally helpless....this can go on for 6 -7 hours at end.
  • chasm
  • chasm

Post 3+ Months Ago

My Name: Chasm (prefer to remain discreet ;) )

Interested in learning more about Web Design and such

Also interested in finding out exact legalities of all that happens on the Interent. Like rules of the internet.

This looks like a great messageboard. I hope I can learn alot from you guys!
  • keke
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello kekepania here
i like sports volley ball and soccer mainly i am an illustrator but i a newbie when it comes to techie things.

i want to build a web site so that i can post my artwork and creat a digi-scrap book that has photos and a forum... i am not into blogs... i prefer drawings and forums

i would like to start by making a signiture... hrmmm where to begin?
  • Hapaboy
  • Born
  • Born
  • Hapaboy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello to all,

Just call me gramps. I bumped into Blender watching The Screensavers on TechTv. Basically I live in SoCal and am just a gamer. I got hooked on Photoshop and trying to expand my graphic programs knowledge. Since Blender was free, it was the right price for me. So if anyone doesn't mind the frustrations of a noob, Gramps will be a calling.....lol.
  • dudemanperson
  • Born
  • Born
  • dudemanperson

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi my name is jeff i like games and smilies this is my favorie here: :motorcycle:
  • WColby

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all!

Name: Wayne Colby
Job: Various online affiliate programs and I work part time at Private Christian school.

Hobbies: Playing Guitar, reading techinical manuals in spanish, etc.
  • lnx_adct
  • Born
  • Born
  • lnx_adct
  • Loc: romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Name: Anne Marie
Hobbies: linux, c++ , foreign languages and dancing, etc...

Hmm...am I really the youngest around here??

Anyway, i just want to say that i've been logged on for 5 minutes and already i found a great linux tutorial ;)

keep this site going because it's worth it! :D
  • geko
  • Born
  • Born
  • geko

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi i am geko from singapore. i enjoy music. recently, subscribed to WINMX in the hope of being able to download songs to my MP3. Unfortunately, i am not able to go past "0 downloads of x,xxx,000." i could not download any songs up to now. can someone please help me?
  • Three
  • Three

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello everyone,
hate to say it but i am really green when it comes to these boxes. got my first about 2 years ago and got hooked. started learning html about 6 months ago, and css about 4. hooked on that too.
so i may need alot of help but i am catching on really fast i think.
three
  • DaizennLife
  • Born
  • Born
  • DaizennLife
  • Loc: Usa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey i jus have a question i need the next number in this sequence and if u dont kno u can you help me find a place where i can find the answer?
here goes

thxy...
  • bankers
  • Born
  • Born
  • bankers
  • Loc: Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, guys.....I'm very glad to join here.
Name:Bankers

I'm taiwanese, and work in china.
I just search some info. on Google, and find this good place.
Nice to meet u......
  • Xantan
  • Xantan
  • Loc: CRAPPY ol' nevada/california

Post 3+ Months Ago

i know you've all been waiting patiently for the coolest of them all, and here he is, lol... Well i play lotsa games, AC, EQ, CS, W3, boyfriend, but mainly i like online massive roleplayer games like Asheron's Call And Everquest, Or Evercrack however you like it -- My friend bought EQ, went to the front, took a lighter and burnt it. He said he couldnt read the ' small print ' and walked away. Wow? spellcheck? pathetic? :?
  • untouchble
  • untouchble

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi guys
sup..............hey my name is Baraka from East-africa. i love comps and am a computer technician. but would like to advance abit. hey nice site u have here.
  • Sixstring_Angel
  • Born
  • Born
  • Sixstring_Angel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Name - Jordan
Age - 16
Location - South Dakota (USA)

At one point I wanted to have something to do with games and work for Square Enix but then I found out how impossble that can be... I quit that for a little while after realizing what I was doing was useless...

Now I found this place and I think with enough help I might still be able to work for Square... or atleast be able to make my own games!

I appreciate advice and pointers so go ahead and IM me or PM me with something I'm ready to learn
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

wut up
im mark
im 16
i live in the hotest F*cking place in arizona(phoenix) of the united states of america biatch.

my interests are grafix design, soccer, music, and ah i no im missing one... o thats rite girls.

peace out
poly

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1939 posts