INTRODUCE YOURSELF 2004

• Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey welcome fricky!

btw, ever use any sound forge products (well now sony owns them)? I use sound forge and acid pro to produce my music, and I love it!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

welcome everyone that has joined. I haven't done this for a while. Welcome
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

helloooo fricky, nice name
  • solaris
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: NC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, after a very long leave of absence I cant stand it any longer, and have decided to come back. whether im welcome or not is questionable but il try anyway :) i know noone missed me hehe, but ive gotten along ok without ozzu for awhile, but it wont do to stay away for much more :P Hi Ozzu!
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi solaris!
  • MikeSheehan
  • MikeSheehan
  • Loc: Omaha

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi everybody

i couldnt think of a cool screenname so your stuck with this one for now. i am a senior Computer Science major at creighton university in snowed in Omaha, Nebraska. (we got about 30" in the last 10 days)

I recently got a job doing networking and web programming for a online medical publishing company. thanks for the help so far... i knew i was in trouble when the tech manual i received described the various server problems as 'quirky'. whatever the hell that means.

so anyway i have been playing w/ computers since my custom built 286 arrived at the doorstep. it came with ms win 286. i enjoy building machines, programming and networking. this summer i started up a web hosting/design company. its slowly taking off but not enough time with another job.

i think it is crazy that someone wants to pay me to play on the damn thing all day.
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

welcome back solais and hello MikeSheehan
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi! :salut:
  • scarecrow
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: ga

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello,

just an average joe, former mechanic/trucker working at the package shop trying to make a living. got 3 kids, a wife, and a few windows and linux boxes.

worked in tech support years ago but got fired for sucking up all the T1 bandwidth playin games online :oops:

setup http://www.mechanixchange.com/ for a friend who I also met online and later in person - strange, people are not who them seem to be.

other than that, i'm one lazy ****. however, i do know the basics: html, php, and very little perl. i only use windows when i has to...and i like linux but that's just because i can't afford a new mac.

oh well, saw this webmaster's forum and thought i would signup. you have a lot of active members and i can only add to the confussion :)

name: jay aka scarecrow aka mothman aka dad
pastimes: fixing my computers, working on cars, and reading grimm's fairy tales to the kids so they will have nightmares :twisted:

scarecrow
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Scarecrow, welcome to the site...

And all you other new people, GREETINGS and WELCOME! :D
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

welcome everyone!
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hola Amigos!!!
  • dekanos
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dekanos

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm an engineer who has been forced into the role of webmaster, who has been forced to learn JavaScript on the fly, and who has been dusting off his old HTML books.
  • coolkid
  • Loc: in front of monitor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I signed up about a week ago but haven't got the time post an introduction :)
So here I am back again with some extras free time.
Am 20, a student but currently doing my industrial training.
I am also a very forgetful person - i forgot how did i bump into this forum, but i am glad i did :lol: ) love surfing net, gadgets (but never had enough money to get it :( ), developing my site and sleeping :wink:
  • 7mx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi , a little about me ...

Name: Hans Range

Programming lingo's I study : HTML,css,java,php, some c++, and i am trying to learn Delphi.

Interests: Art & creativity, music, woman, Computers and Bladeing'.

Peace 8)
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome gents, I hope that you enjoy it here!

dekanos: They're making a engineer do web design? Hehe, all of the engineers that I know don't hold the web designer's profession in high regard, but I hope that you try to make the best out of this. It's really fun once you get going. :wink:
  • [ATM]Bhulkan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Holland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi fellow computer lovers :rofl:
I'm a first year student (17 winters old) in Computer Science, Leeuwarden [NL].
I've been programming since i was 6 (an old msx + a book full of code :boink: ),I didn't understand a thing from it, but it was manual copy paste, and sometimes it worked :bouncingsmile: .
Nowadays i'm still going, and at the moment active in delphi and a bit in c++.
By accident i got to ozzu.com, cause a friend of mine want to make a website for our clan/lan organisation.
A forum is needed, but how was the question.
So i started searching and found ... you guys (and galls).
  • opus
  • Born
  • Born
  • opus
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a photographer/teacher/web designer from Canada. Just getting into the more deep world of java and database websites, so I'll need your help frequently.

thanks
jack
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well hello to scarecrow, dekanos, coolkid, 7mx, [ATM]Bhulkan, and opus. I hope you all become active members at ozzu :)
  • Blackdeath
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Name : Rick

Hey everyone, bumped into this forum after a google search for dloadin Red Hat 9. Just a computer newb here that just realized he wants to go to college for compsci. Been readin some UNIX begginers guides and brushing up on the latest hardware http://www.xbitlabs.com . I'm skilled with adobe photoshop and any fps out there ;d. I plan on contributing what I can to this group, but will mostly be absorbing all the information I can. l337 forum btw )
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

welcome rick
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone.

A little about myself. I am a Sergeant in the Marine Corps. Been in for 7 years. I am married and I have 2 kids. I am an Electro-Optical Ordnance Technician. Basically that means I work on guided missile systems, LASER rangefinder/designators, night vision equipment and fire control systems for tanks and various other vehicles. I am extremely interested in computers. I want to learn how to program and a goal is to get MCSE certified(unix/linux users can bash me at any time). I stumbled across this forum searching on google. I have an idea for a website but don't know how to go about it and this forum seems like a place to be to get this info. I know nothing about web design but am a quick learner. Hopefully you all will be able to help me.
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello grinch2171, don 't worry our linux users will not bash you, but every time you post a windose related question they will ask you why you are not using linux
  • TheSphinx
  • Loc: London Ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Everyone

I am new to the forums but hope to get some help and maybe even give some help to others in need of it, just like me...lol

My Name is Sonny and am from london ontario canada

if there ever might be anything u would like to know about me just give a holler.

Thx
:D
  • webmattster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webmattster

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everybody! My name is Matt, I live in Illinois and I am 14. I know PHP, JavaScript, HTML, and VisualBasic. I work for a web design place and I sort of know how to do Graphic Design but I'm not that good. I was so glad to find a place like this. Finally somewhere that has people of my type! :D
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey TheSphinx and webmattster. Come on in and hang out for a while.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi! :salut:
  • Ragnar78
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ragnar78

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi im Joe...hope i can give as much as i can get from this forum
  • phpSelectah
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

ez,

Name: Nathan

I got into computers a few years ago, (lol ) from a friend who built, maintained, and repaired computer systems at a local shop. I took logo in Elementary , and in junior High School I took a summer programing intro class that allowed us to password protect macintosh computers using some langauge that fails to come to mind.

I got a web job at a local dotcom and learned ftp/telnet/cgi(perl mostly) the hard way, by updating someone else's work ;P, and eventually took a C++ class at a local college.

I got introduced to PHP via a website I frequented, and fell in love. It's likeliness to C++ amazed me.

I am a musician/producer so I use programming as a way to facilitate media dispersal, or mostly to stay employed ;)

Current projects:
Exploring Neural Networks (c++)
Media Streaming via flash ( PHP , ActionScript , Ming ) ... [PM me for a link of the live beta]
Threaded BBS with Caching (PHP)
CMS (perl)

*EDIT

that is not me in the avatar, LOL
EDIT*
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

that's a pretty big disconnect between your name and your avatar, nathan.
:lol:

welcome to you too, joe!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1939 posts