INTRODUCE YOURSELF 2004

• ClericVash
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

im a big trigun fan!, got the whole series on Special Edition DVD, thanks for the welcome!

hey Geekette is that avatar really you?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

My name's John, I live in Florida, and if you hadn't guessed by the URL in my sig, I'm an absolute reptile nut..

For those of you that are interested, our family currently includes..

Myself, my girlfriend.
21 Bearded Dragons
16 Corn Snakes
2 Leopard Geckos
1 Sulcata Tortoise
1 Flap Necked Chameleon
1 Veiled Chameleon
1 Chinese Water Dragon
2 5ft+ lazy Iguanas
2 Nippy Russian Dwarf Hamsters (that will become snake food if they bite me once more, lol).

I've had an interest in computers all my life, and been sat in front of one practically 24/7 since getting my first one as a birthday present in 1984 (man, has it really been 20 years?!?)

I've been on the 'net about 11 years now, and spent a lot of that time toying around with IRC and the web, and now most of my income comes from designing & developing both static and dynamic (with PHP/MySQL) websites.

I'm also interested in, but still very new to, photography. All my life I've wanted to get into it, but it's a rather expensive hobby, so was unable to start bringing this fetish to fruition. In September I acquired a Nikon N90s 35mm SLR camera, along with several fairly nice lenses. I'm currently looking to get hold of a Nikon D100 Digital SLR camera (film is just too expensive to develop after a while, especially when you're still learning).

So, that's basically me. Hello :)
  • ClericVash
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

welcome john, sounds like you have a very interesting life i would love to be a website designer like you when i leave school soon
  • Sickness
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey,
i just found this place after doing a google search for some web stuff.

i am as nOOb as they come so don't get to pissed if i ask a really stupid question,
name:Keith
nick:Sickness/EvolutionRacing
i am 16

i am into any thing that i can mess with or goes fast.
i am really into atv's, snowmobiles,dirt bikes ext
but right now in into RC.
i have a top of the line electric monster truck that can hit 35mph. but has been know to be modifyed to go well over 60mph. it is currently made for torque and bashing.

my really crappy site is http://www.freewebs.com/EvolutionRacing
  • pixel
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • pixel
  • Loc: Wait! I know this one! Umm...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone, I just joined because I love design! Here is alittle about my self:

NickName: Pixel
Hair: Yes
Eye's: 2
Passion: Web & Graphic Design
Forum: http://forum.webcubedesign.com

I mainly joined this forum to find out more about Linux but I think that I will go on to use this for lots of other design help! Well, Ill see you on the forum.
  • clares_law
  • clares_law

Post 3+ Months Ago

errrr where to start :-)

well i'm Clare Law, age 32, engish uk, errrr mmmmm

this is hard LOL. think i'l come back to this LOL :oops:
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome everyone!

ClericVash, yes, that is really me in the avatar. :icontongue:
  • twilight
  • Born
  • Born
  • twilight
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Name: Alice

I found this site searching for a way to hide the code of a webpage... so maybe now I will found out how.

Neways, I love web design and am currently working for a web hosting service. I don't have a website of my own yet even tho I've made tons for other people. Even tho I love computers and web design I'm majoring in Zoology... I guess I'm sort of all over the place with my interests.

Hobbies: Graphics design, web design, painting, backpacking, figure skating, writing and studying (not quite a hobby lol)

I love animals and nature so that's why I'm going into Zoology :flower:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome, welcome and welcome to you all!!! :D
  • icyroadz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,
I'm Mark, and most of the time I'm supposed to be doing my PhD in neuroscience. The rest of the time I spend fiddling with all kinds of things computer, including our lab's website.

http://www.rehabmed.ualberta.ca/karimfouad/index.asp

Anyhow, I'm living in Edmonton, Alberta Canada, and we get the best (or worst depending on your point of view) winters, hence the moniker. cheers
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

icyroadz!! Welcome!! Candians rock!! My best friend is from Edmonton, but now she lives here :D
  • icyroadz
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey musik, yes I'll bet she doesn't miss the winters. My wife wants to visit Australia. Problem is finding enough time off to make the trip worthwhile *sigh*
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

You will get here and never want to leave! ;)

Canadians love it in Australia and Australian love it in Canada. I don't know why the two are so similiar yet so different when you think about it. Maybe it's just cause the people are so cool in both countries ;)
  • icyroadz
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I must wholeheartedly agree :)

Boy that's a bad picture, usually I'm behind the camera so I have no pictures of myself.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

naaa it looks fine! Welcome again to Ozzu! :D
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

PhD in neuroscience? Whoa man that's sweet. One day I'm gonna go back to school and get a....

oh who am I kidding?
(:
LOL

Welcome!
  • icyroadz
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, in my second year only. My supervisor's always telling me I spend too much time making websites. LOL
  • AssyrianGirl
  • Born
  • Born
  • AssyrianGirl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing? This is my first time on this forum and I found out about it after doing a search for history. My name is Ashuriena, I'm 16, and I'm from California. Some of my interests include: Politics, History, Music, Literature, and Playing video games. I want to major in Political Science and Law. Well, yea, that's just about it. Haha. Oh, yea, and this site is really awesome! It's very helpful! Take care everyone!

-Ashuriena :ghost:
  • anubi
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Milan - Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome aboard!
  • AssyrianGirl
  • Born
  • Born
  • AssyrianGirl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks!

-Ashuriena :D
  • lslars31
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lslars31
  • Loc: Minesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey i am new My name is Nick Larson, i am 16 years old. And i am a moderator at geek valley. I have a few sites and run a hosting company. My favorite things to do are making web sites, xBox, hanging out with friends, and lacrosse. Oh ya, I live in minnesota :D
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome! :D
  • eyehut
  • eyehut
  • Loc: Philly

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I feel very underqualified to actually be here, but I figured maybe I'll get more skills as I stay longer.

I'm only efficient in HTML, and whenever I have time (I've been saying that for a little while) I will begin to learn more languages.

But, maybe I won't have to because I'm studying Information Sciences at Technology at Penn State University and I am currently a Sophomore there.

I also run a Transformers website called BWBMTransformers.

By the way, as my signature suggests, my name is Pete, and I'm 19.
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome Pete! Don't worry about not being a guru yet, there are plenty of others around here in the same boat! ::points to self:: Everyone is friendly just the same. :-)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome everyone :)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

eyehut wrote:
Well, I feel very underqualified to actually be here, but I figured maybe I'll get more skills as I stay longer.

I'm only efficient in HTML, and whenever I have time (I've been saying that for a little while) I will begin to learn more languages.

But, maybe I won't have to because I'm studying Information Sciences at Technology at Penn State University and I am currently a Sophomore there.

I also run a Transformers website called BWBMTransformers.

By the way, as my signature suggests, my name is Pete, and I'm 19.

I thought lostinbeta (a moderator here) owned BWBMTransformers. Are you guys partners on this website? He has that link in his signature.
  • HAZCHEM
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • HAZCHEM
  • Loc: Brisbane Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey My name is Jordan i am 16, and i live in Brisbane Australia. My intrests include Hanging out with friends, Computers, Chicks, and thats about it.
  • eyehut
  • eyehut

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
I thought lostinbeta (a moderator here) owned BWBMTransformers. Are you guys partners on this website? He has that link in his signature.

lostinbeta is a very good buddy of mine.

He helped me design the website layout and he also made a lot of things for the site for me.

And he also helped me out with hosting with Unflux.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Peter's my boyfriend, I love him to death.

Err, well, that's partially true, I just love him to death... we are in no way romantically involved, nor were we ever :oops: ::just to make that clear::

Pete owns and operates BWBMTransformers 100%. I mainly help out backend, like with coding and design ideas. The link in my footer for BWBMTransformers is for blatant advertisement, trying to help a brotha out ya know ;)
  • eyehut
  • eyehut

Post 3+ Months Ago

lostinbeta wrote:
Peter's my boyfriend, I love him to death.

Err, well, that's partially true, I just love him to death... we are in no way romantically involved, nor were we ever :oops: ::just to make that clear::

Pete owns and operates BWBMTransformers 100%. I mainly help out backend, like with coding and design ideas. The link in my footer for BWBMTransformers is for blatant advertisement, trying to help a brotha out ya know ;)

A.K.A. Shameless plug for a poor guy whose site doesn't get a lot of hits.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1939 posts