iPhone 4 Ringtones

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want to add some of the ringtones I have on my computer, but they aren't adding to the ringtone folder in iTunes... and if I set it to sync the ringtones from a folder on my computer, iTunes deletes all of my music from my iPhone... is there anyway I could add ringtones to my iPhone without deleting the music from my iPhone?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

hhmm there was something about using itunes to convert to ACC format then it can make a ringtone out of it.

I had some free ringtones on my site and to cover compatibility i just made 3 different formats so that at least one would work.

http://www,cnet,com,au/how-to-make-your ... 291124.htm

cnet has some details to figure out more, just trail and error the info you find you will get it eventually.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem with that is that my iPhone doens't sync with the ringtone folder on my iTunes, and if I try to choose to sync it at the settings, it deletes all of my music from my iPhone and I spent like $500 on music alone (Don't really want to loose my music).

I guess I'll make a back-up and then try it... if it messes up, I'll just restore my iPhone with that back-up (I hope that works).
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

people buy music these days......mm figured people stopped that years ago but you have the license codes for the content so there is no reason you can not download it all again would just be a pain in the arse but if they ask you to pay for it again tell them to shove it and show the email receipt proof of purchase.

my first time i did a restore it *peach* up bad this was original f/w too and i figured i lost everything but after a re-sync everything was fine.

If not sue apple for non functioning product lol
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got it to work... I lost like 4 songs that I put into my iPhone music library, but those songs were the ones I didn't buy.

I also lost like .5Gigs of some data I don't know what yet... stupid iPhone/iTunes
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

iphone 4 contains local location logging logs which you can track back where your phone has been and where your most active, also SMS voicemail system logs photos videos music the list just goes on then the apps and updates.

It all piles on which is why you need to restore phone every 6 months and drain the battery every month and do a full charge one a month too. There is some maintenance towards the iphone but if taken care of it never fails like mine.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts