Itsy Bitsy Spider...

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I admit I am really hardcore when it comes to being efficient and emotionless. I think abortion is not only good, but should be allowed until the kid is 5. Killing people en-mass is fine, invading foreign countries and killing all the children is not an issue for me, torturing criminals using rusty chainsaws should be mandatory and harvesting their organs without anesthetic is not a problem.

Then today I noticed a spider.

Every thursday I take ballroom dance lessons (ok stop laughing). On the dance floor, which is a huge gym, was a spider. I was filming the instructor, and got increasingly agitated, that this spider may get stepped on. I tried to shoe the spider off the floor, but it just stood still. After about 10 more minutes of filming, I noticed the spider was gone. I became very upset, as many students had passed back and forth across the floor, right where the spider was.

I actually felt bad for the spider. All alone out in the middle of the floor, in such danger, and now it is possible that because I didn't act, it may have gotton squashed. I felt bad for about 30 minutes for this spider.

It does have a happy ending though. At the end of the class, I found again the spider near the edge of the dance floor, and he was fine, finally finding he way off the floor.

Haven't we killed everyone in Iraq yet? I can send them a batch of radioactive, germ infested napalm to shower their kids with if that would help. I'm just trying to help.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol.

but John the last 2 lines do not sound good at all.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

:scratchhead:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a youtube video of Carl Sagan talking about senseless destruction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy1--3B_c4Q
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I ran over a beetle once with the front wheel of my bike and felt awful for about two days. (well you could argue I still feel awful about it, as here I am remembering it and it happened about 10 years ago). The worst thing was that I saw it, panicked that I was going to hurt it, lost control for a split-second and swerved right into it. So the bug died directly by my desire not to hurt it. I felt like such a criminal.

I also have dreams sometimes when I'm trying to help something survive (bugs, squirrels, mice, puppies - once it was miniature polar bears. don't ask...) but it always ends up dead through my negligence or carelessness. Those are probably the worst dreams I have.

Lucky spider. I hope it really was the one you saw at the beginning and not its twin brother coming to look for it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts