Jackass

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gotta love this Obama after his comments about Kanye West...

BBC News
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I personally think the president has more important things to talk about than when some moron jumps up on stage and makes an idiot out of himself. We've got 2 wars, a health care debate, and a struggling economy, but reporters are asking him for his opinion on totally irrelevant things? Thats a little strange.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

That portion of the interview was "off-record". I believe it was more or less intended to be small talk, not serious questioning. The fact that these employees took the liberty of posting anything about it to Twitter or whatever is just poor practice on their part. It's pretty obvious that the president saying "jackass" is never intended for media publishing.

Despite the fallout it's causing, I'm just glad he said it. Everybody thought it, but nobody else seems to matter to Kayne. Maybe hearing it from the President will convince him he really is one, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If he had the sense to recognize that, then he wouldn't have become the piece of crap that he is in the first place.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought it was funny. You can tell by the way he's says it that it's genuine (maybe the first thing he's said since taking office that was genuine)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you are an elected public official or a celebrity or whatever, everything you say is on the record. Especially when you say it to a reporter.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

<Homer>It's funny because it's true.</Homer>

:)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
When you are an elected public official or a celebrity or whatever, everything you say is on the record. Especially when you say it to a reporter.

Oh come on! I am going to assume going by your comments that you don't think Obama should say anything non politics related when speaking to anyone...even if it is "off the record".

Honest the best bit of leaked footage he could have had, he just basically said what alot of people are thinking after Kanyes stupid interption of Taylor Swifts big moment. He was bang out of order and off the record Obama expressed his personal opinion.

I'd rather have a political leader who was prepared to be so down to earth that their personal opinion wasn't overshaddowed by their need to literally be politically correct.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB, you're speaking from my mind. ha I wish more of my fellow Americans had the same opinion.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You guys should quit picking on Kanye, he could be retarded.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Oh come on! I am going to assume going by your comments that you don't think Obama should say anything non politics related when speaking to anyone...even if it is "off the record".

What I'm saying is that everything he says is going to be scrutinized simply because he has a major public presence. He could have said he doesn't like lasagna but loves pizza off the record and he still would have gotten guff for it.

Is it true that it actually wasn't even the reporter he was talking to that leaked his jackass line? Apparrantly there were a couple different news agencies in the room, and Obama was talking to one of them while a different ones recorder was running.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I appreciate that kc0tma.

Rregardless of how things happened, people are always going to want to hear stuff like this. People want Obama to be their representative just like those in the UK want Gordon Brown to be theirs. They want their leader to understand who they are and what is going on in the world.

Obama, going by the audio of the Jadkass comment, appears to be very clued up on what is happening which is great. Not only does this guy have the balls to control and develop the USA but he is aware of what is happening around that people like you and me talk about on websites like this.

To be honest, i honestly think Obama is wasted on some Americans. If you had Gordon Brown running your country you'd very soon realise how lucky you all are.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you had Kim Jong-Il (best golfer EVER) running your country you'd very soon realize how lucky YOU are, too!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

touché
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

On YouTube i have subscribed to "iceflowstudios" which is a series of guys that put together photoshop tutorials in a very cool way. Some of the stuff is pretty neat. There is one guy in particular called Howard who has some of the funniest tutorials out there and he just recently created a "tutorial" called "Kanye West Stole My Moment". I was thinking this will be an interesting tutorial until i saw it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yx-ysysB1g# :lol:

Howard is a tutorial legend for that.
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have to lol at this one
http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz ... 6286-2.jpg

or this one:
http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz ... 835-13.jpg

Also see when he will interrupt you:
http://www.facebook.com/apps/applicatio ... 6456783222
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

But back to topic, why even have off the record?

On the record you can vote some way or determine to do this course of action and still disagree with points or people, why hide it?

It is like people want to be unaccountable for what they say or do.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts