Java errors playing games

• dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loc: Dallas, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a site here. Please check it out and tell me do you guys get the same error as i do. I also did a search and it seems everyone is getting this error. Java is corrupted or misinstalled. If you guys want i can tell you everything it says. http://www.pogo.com

Click on any game you see. Tell me do you guys get the same error. In the mean time, I will keep on searching. On these games you can win money and no every game is free to play and you don't have to put any money in. I hope you guys hit a jackpot and i hope i hit one.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

why would you want to send people to a site that's full of errors? that
doesn't sound like any fun at all.

I'll pass...
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought maybe. I'm the only on this board would get the errors. Maybe you guys wouldn't get the error. How do i fix the Java errors?? I tryed installing Java Virtual Machine and then i reboot my computer. I still get the same error Java corrupted or misinstalled. If you want i can post the whole error message i'm getting. Does anyone know how can i fix a Java error? Thanks for your time.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

java errors are originated from the web site you are visiting and there's
not really anythign you can about it. The fact you installed all that and
still get the errors tell me that they designer is terrible.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you explain to me what this message means??

The following error has occurred:
Java Corrupted or Misinstalled

Explanation:
This error occurs when your Java software has been either misinstalled on your browser or if Java software has been corrupted in some way. Some of the symptoms include a large number of "exception errors", applets not showing up (or showing up as a blank or gray frame), and other crash problems.

How to Fix the Problem:
Please go to help.pogo.com for assistance.

"I wanted to try to hit a jackpot and win cash"
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

well it sounds to me like Longhorn's java machine is newer than the
version pogo is using the display the games. Are you still using Longhorn?

On a side note - i seriously doubt that you or anyone else actually wins
any money from that site. I'd be VERY CAREFUL with $ on the web.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

no i'm not using Longhorn. Longhorn kept freezeing on me and stopped responding. I was a piece of *plum* to download. I have to stay on topic so i can't talk about Longhorn. I know i should be careful... Actually i should be really careful with the girls i talk to on the web.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just got done redownloading Java Virtual Machine from sun.com. Sun is the one who made Java. If i'm correct. Does anyone know how to fix a Java corrupted or misinstalled error? I did a search on it a number of times. Some people get the same message as i got. They did not explain how to fix that error when i did a search. All they was doing is talking about it without explaining how to fix it. Gadget Guru. How good are you with Java errors? I will try to understand what you are talking about. I might get lost when you are telling me something. Thanks Gadget. If you want i can post that error message in here again.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

what OS are you using then? if not longhorn
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Windows XP pro
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

This error is driveing me insane. I feel like trying to win some cash and try to hit a jackpot. In some jokerswild, stud, slotmachines or something like that. Unflux and Gadget Guru. I don't think Unflux is online right now. I think Gadget Guru. I think he is pretty good with these errors. Can you help me fix a Java error? What if the Java software on my browser is corrupted in some way? Please reply back as the earliest of tonight if possible. Maybe i feel like playing some cards and slots. Thanks Gadget.
  • guitrspaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • guitrspaz
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are a million sites that offer the same deal...try another :) http://www.iwon.com but if i were you i wouldn't mess with any of em, go out and buy some lotto tickets...you'll get alot less spam and your odds are better :)
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try running some of the sample applets that are linked from :

http://java.sun.com/applets/

I got the same error at pogo using mozilla with the Java 2 plug-in, but when I went to sun and tried the examples they link to, mozilla with the plug in worked just fine.

I was able to run the pogo games using my copy of IE 6 under windows 98, but it uses the old MS Java Virtual Machine that isn't distributed with XP, and not the new Sun plug in. It looks like a problem at pogo and if your browser can run the Sun-linked applets then it's not corrupted or misinstalled.

I don't know if you can still download the old MS JVM or not.
  • jjfreebird
  • Born
  • Born
  • jjfreebird

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I fixed the Java applet problem on my machine this way.
Go to your Computers Control Panel.
Click on the Java Panel Icon.
On the front tab of the Java Panel, third section down, under Temporary Internet Files, click on Settings.
Now click on Delete Files.
There will be two boxes. And it will say.

Delete the following temporary files?
Applications and Applets
Trace and Log Files

Make sure both boxes are clicked on, then hit okay.
Close the panel and go to POGO or any other site you want to try it out on. Load a game.
Okay, now the game will load, but that applet box will come up. This time click the CANCEL button on that box and your game will load. I only had to hit the Cancel button once. Now my games load fine. Hope it works for you all as well.
Peace!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

jjfreebird, this topic is over 6 years old.

Locked.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts