Job hunting advice

• kirijuho
  • Born
  • Born
  • kirijuho

Post 3+ Months Ago

Job hunting is just so frustrating. I have only been constantly job hunting for 2 months and I already want to give up. I already checked out many sites like this one axishcl[dot]com/?ui=jobs stll didn’t work. I can really feel the effect of the fall of the economy here in Indonesia. Despite that I came from one of the top Uni’s in Jakarta I found myself lost in the real world after graduating. I have a degree in communications. Please, anyone any advice on job hunting? Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got my current job by going to a bachelor party and meeting someone, which turned into a fishing trip where I met someone else, which turned into a camping trip where we got to talking about work as I helped out with work that needed to be done around the property we were camping on.

I'm 32 now, I've been working since I was 16, and I couldn't tell you how many jobs I've had. I can tell you that the best ones have been the result of speaking with people at extracurricular activities, though.
  • crosscarter
  • Born
  • Born
  • crosscarter

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you getting interviews? If you do, then it is a great sign, it means you have a good resume. Now, focus on the interview, you may be doing something wrong. Take a look at you past interviews and analyze what you have been doing wrong.
  • bemrudolf
  • Born
  • Born
  • bemrudolf

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don’t lose hope; I experienced the same thing when I was starting. It will happen. You should always stay positive.
  • balestout
  • Born
  • Born
  • balestout

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't take too much from the way the interview went, or anything the interviewer says during or after. It's just setting yourself up for a big disappointment. There could always be someone they like better interviewed after you.
  • domeyareas
  • Born
  • Born
  • domeyareas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just maintain your optimism, you will get there. Try applying abroad. Maybe your luck is there.
  • zoeesha
  • Born
  • Born
  • zoeesha
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

its all about hard work, luck and about the valid options you are actually trying!

Never lose stamina of searching until you get the job which you actually deserve!

Good Luck!
  • themainman+
  • Born
  • Born
  • themainman+

Post 89 days ago

It's hard, and especially in this economy. If possible find something to get into on the side, like a side job.

You can try craigslist, but even that seems like slim pickings, and seems to be a spamfest anymore.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 81 days ago

First of all my humble advice is don't get frustrated, don't lose hope and don't think negatively because there are lot of jobs available in this world. The main reason for not getting job to you is it does not meet your requirements. So, I request you to fight hard again and again and also if you not get job in single attempt then please think that there is another good job with high position other than this job is waiting for you please try to think positively and go ahead. Victory is yours. Don't give up your will power because without will power you can't even breathe so please don't lose your hope.
  • sn0wd3n
  • Born
  • Born
  • sn0wd3n

Post 48 days ago

Smart people get hired eventually. Stay strong, keep trying.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts