Just Back from 1st Court Hearing :(

• Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well...the first court hearing is over. I've just gotten home and I can safely say that I got my violence order on him but my nerves and stress are shot to *plum*.
It hurt me so bad to see him crying in court and it made me cry too. At the moment, I'm a nervous wreck. I keep getting images in my head off the next hearing when they lay the charges and he will be handcuffed and taken away.
I don't think I can bare the thought of knowing I have put him in jail when he actually could be telling the truth about being really sick.
I am taking proceedings now through family court so he can see our daughter Klaudia supervised for 5hrs every second weekend.
I've been talking to my mum too about the charges and maybe dropping them to keep him out of jail so he can get better and still see Klaudia on the proviso that he attends Anger Management and a Phsycologist once a week.
I can't handle this, I thought I was strong but it seems as if I'm not because I can't stop crying and feeling so *plum*...
:cry:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Be strong, and stick to the plan.

Don't forget what he put you through, which is way worse compared to what he is going through
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I know its just soooooo hard
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're doing great so far. Just hang in there. I wish you and your daughter the best.
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Jim
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't drop the charges !!! I don't know about where you live but here in Florida USA if the november table incident is on his record then that would make this a second domestic offence, & here in florida a second domestic offence is a felony.
He says he is sick, as in mentally disturbed ? If that's the case then his lawyer will make a point of defending the guy with that, and most likely the court will order an evaluation of his mental health. If the evaluation concludes he is indeed disturbed then the court will take needed actions.

If you drop the charges it will make things harder on you in the long run.

I say this with experience on both sides of this situation.........
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

both sides joebert?
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

excuse my ignorance but what exactly is this court hearing about?
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok... take him to court and get him put away for ever. No-one should put up with that.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vladdrac wrote:
both sides joebert?

I've sent someone to jail for violence, and i've been to jail for violence twice.

I'm not going into details, after 3 years it's finally done and over with and i'd just like to forget about it.

Speaking from experience, DON'T DROP THE CHARGES !
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well Bee, I am new here but I'm beginning to feel more at home. (there's real people here *sigh*)

IMHO you shouldn't drop charges, just think about what could happen if he just killed you... think about your daughter... what she saw and live is a lot worse compared to what he could be through.

Be strong, I wish the best for you and your daughter. Like b_heyer said keep smailing, you have a great smile.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

If he is sick, then he needs help.

If he's convicted, then that's the only way you can guarantee he'll get the help he needs. If you drop the charges, and just make it a condition of seeing your daughter, chances are he won't follow through.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agreed. If he gets off scott-free, then he has no incintive to get betterJust remmbmer that he tried to kill you, and that if he doesnt get help, he may try it again. If you cant be strong for yourself, then be strong for your daughter. She doesnt need to see a man like him while shes growing up. Its a bad influence on her.
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ohhh guys thanks so much, you are all keeping me so level-headed about this.
I am so lost right now, I know you are all right, I just wish I could stop feeling sick and lousy over it all!! :(
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, just listen to us:). Youve got the power, just tap into it. ;)
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, you really shouldn't have to stress about it so much. It normal for you to think that it's too much for him, but it really isn't. Anyone who does what he did, even once, deserves that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts