I just don't care enough to read anymore

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It used to be I enjoyed reading entire threads and solving problems because I learned things, but lately I find I just don't feel like putting in the effort to do it anymore. Not just here, but on pretty much every forum I visit. I'm constantly suggesting things that have already been suggested and other things that are just plain wrong and I would have realized it had I read everything. I often times get involved in a topic and end up abandoning it because it starts to feel like work that I'm not gaining anything out of.

I'm bored.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've reduced my forum participation too & I don't see anything wrong with that. It's time to do other things.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I started feeling like this a while back as i believe you will have noticed in a topic i left in our hidden forum. Things changed a bit, but life away from the computer had alot to do with how i was feeling and it also has alot to do with my limited contribution to the site nowadays.

I think there are alot of people out there who feel exactly the same, and when you consider that you've been on this site contributing to the high level you have done for nearly 6 years now it's quite something to be proud of. It is only right for you to a point feel a bit tired and exhausted from the contribution.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
It used to be I enjoyed reading entire threads...because it starts to feel like work that I'm not gaining anything out of.

I've gone through phases of that. I've even quit a couple of times, as you know. Currently, Ozzu is the only forum I participate in. I only look at Facebook once every week or two. I suggest taking a break if you need to - if you're really that frustrated.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I remember Lynx
I remember when forums were called bulletin boards a.k.a. BBS.
I remember when they were written in Perl and not PHP
I remember a former founding member's signature "The only constant is change".
I remember where I was when JFK was shot.
I remember watching Neil Armstrong walk on the moon.
I remember watching Capricorn One and wondering if Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.
I remember where I was when the space shuttle Challenger exploded.
I remember the phone call I received on 9 - 11 that woke me up telling me a plane just crashed into the world trade center and that I didn't have to go to work and that I was thankful for the day off.
I remember being halfway between Memphis and New Orleans 35,000 feet in the air and seeing both at the same time.
I remember being bored once or twice and then doing something different.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I remember watching Capricorn One and wondering if I could eat a raw rattlesnake. :P
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Low tide was at 7AM, high is at 1:30PM. Maybe I can catch something chasing the bait on the incoming tide. I hear the kingfish are out and about lately. There was some really nasty weather last night. And I haven't actually used my fishing license since I went out of my way to get it a few months ago.

Screw it, I'm goin fishing.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Joe, it seems pretty much you read every threads thoroughly, still. .. always have this feeling.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bah. I picked a bad day to go fishing. I guess Texas is sending over an overcast.

I spent a few hours out on the pier, pretty much alone except for a few people on vacation here and there. Usually at least a few people out there fishing. not today though.

I ate some chips and some pigeons hung out with me. One flew up right in front of me, scared the crap out of me at first but it actually landed on my out stretched finger like a perch when I though to stick it out. Never seen a pigeon do that before.

While I was talking with one couple from Minnesota we kept hearing this "pap pap pap!" and when I look over at my bag I see a freaking crow sitting on my bag trying to get into my bag of chips like a woodpecker.

I saw a mouse swimming under the pier, I guess it must have slipped while running along the underside of the pier or something. By the time I emptied out my tackle bucket and stretched my rope out I couldn't see the little guy anywhere though. I don't know if he caught a pylon and climbed up or drown. I'd like to think he caught a pylon but the barnacles on those things are pretty sharp and the concrete above them pretty slick. :scratchhead:
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I joined back in May of 2004, I was in the 8th grade, Now I'm a Sophomore in college :shock: I just went back and looked at some of my first posts... I don't understand how you guys put up with me back then :lol:

I was really quite active when I first joined, I was young and eager to learn. If I had a question I would post it, then search for an answer in hopes that if I couldn't find it someone else would. For the most part, it was the wrong way to go about doing it but I wanted the answer quick! After a while I started looking first then asking and if I saw someone post a question I would usually go find an answer on the web if I didn't already know it. Now that I'm *cough* old :P I'm not so quick to hop onto a post and answer a question. A lot of it has to do with not being to involved in websites much any more.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
It used to be I enjoyed reading entire threads and solving problems because I learned things, but lately I find I just don't feel like putting in the effort to do it anymore. Not just here, but on pretty much every forum I visit. I'm constantly suggesting things that have already been suggested and other things that are just plain wrong and I would have realized it had I read everything. I often times get involved in a topic and end up abandoning it because it starts to feel like work that I'm not gaining anything out of.

I'm bored.
I know how you feel and it happened to me way faster than it did to you. It happened to me because I started to get more involved with my friends: playing soccer, playing games and other stuff with my friends.

I pretty much stopped programming and designing... I sometimes come by and help people with their programming problems, but I mostly come to comment on something I saw on the web or to reply to a post.
SpooF wrote:
I joined back in May of 2004, I was in the 8th grade, Now I'm a Sophomore in college :shock: I just went back and looked at some of my first posts... I don't understand how you guys put up with me back then :lol:

Same here... I sometimes read back and feel bad about the ignorant posts that I have made. Makes me feel embarrassed :lol:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use to just glance through every single thread, but nowadays I find myself skipping a lot that don't grab my attention with the title.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to browse by going through all of the categories. Now a days I use the unread posts feature.

Now and then I'll go through categories and see if there's a topic I forgot about and want to go through again.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It isn't easy to help the members of OZZU as it is a large web community now. I really have no idea how tough it can be as a moderator to a big web-forum...but I guess Joe, you're competent at it..

What I'm trying to say is I would definitely not be accepting a post as a moderator if given a chance here, because of the responsibilities that we can have..so, again I have respects in moderation work, Joe.. Just to let you know, no other intention.

Please keep serving as one of our captains, sir.

:)
  • sweetfranky
  • sweetfranky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Holy Christ on a stick Joebert, 12,000 posts I would be burned out too. Just take a break for a month or 2 and come back. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts