Just showing off a new enclosure, heh.

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, maybe this should go in the photos section, but it's not to show off the photo (which is crap anyway, due to the cheesy camera), it's to show off the enclosure.

Inset is a photo of its intended purpose, and how it SHOULD look.

We've had the entertainment center for about a year - always with the intent of converting it into an enclosure, but we just never got around to it. Well, recently we started running out of houses for our guys now that the babies are growing up, so we went and got the sliding glass doors last week, and today I completed building of the enclosure.

• IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

woo hoo, roam lizards roam
  • myemailaccount
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • myemailaccount
  • Loc: North of Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats nice how long did it take you to put together
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, if I'd done it start to finish in one lot, I could've had the whole thing done in a day. We've had the cabinet laying around not doing much for about a year, lol.

When we got it I setup the platform, as we always intended to convert it into an enclosure, but it was never really that urgent. Now, as I said, our babies are growing up, and having to be split up (boys are having to live on their own in enclosures to prevent fighting & breeding attempts), so the need arose for a new big enclosure.

We go the sliding glass doors 3 or 4 days ago, and aside from the platform that I put in when we got the unit, all the work was done yesterday.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is probably the most unique use of an entertainment center I've ever seen. Testing my memory here (I used to sell that entertainment center) -- trying to remember if it's a Bush or a Case Casard.
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

so where does your TV sit now? Nice job on the enclosure thou :D
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha, that is awsome!
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

very impressive :D
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, the TV was never in the unit, lol. We actually saw it one morning as somebody was hauling it out to the trash. We asked if we could have it, and they let us take it, heh - which is great, cuz JC Penny sells it today for like 200 bucks..

It's probably the largest enclosure we have right now for beardies, but only by a couple of inches in each dimension.

Thanks for the compliments guys...

Next up is my friend Jeremy's 10'x10'x8' outdoor Water Monitor enclosure. He's moving to California next month, and giving us the enclosure... That's going to be converted into a big Beardy-Skyrise for daytime basking outside, hehe.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts