Kerching

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is only one day of the year i ever bet money on something and that is Grand National day.

Grand National (for those who don't know) is a horse racing event that takes place annually. It's probably the biggest Horse racing event in the UK and perhaps one of the biggest. I think the Melbourne cup tops this, but only just.

Most years i win nothing, but having paid for my sisters bet earlier on we agreed that if she won i'd get half the winnings. Her horse came third and the bet was each way, so she won i think 25 pounds. Meanwhile on my own bet, i won 12 pounds as the horse i picked came first. I just wish i never chose the Each way option on that too.

Party at my house! :D
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol my horse just sucked hahahaha, well done SB :P
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well done SB, you did a lot better than me. I live very close to Aintree and went to ladies day yesterday. There were 7 races and I bet £5 each way on every race. Not a winner amongst them :( not even a 3rd place :puppydogeyes: and after blowing £70 and bemoaning my bad luck my friend took great pleasure reminding me I owed him a further £30 for the ticket :banghead:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts