keyboard advice

• shatter2day
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: N.Y.

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello all,
After using my A31 thinkpad laptop after 7 years I decided to go out and buy a Lenovo IdeaCentre K300. I'm very excited for this computer, but at the moment I do not have a keyboard for it. I was wondering if anyone knew of a keyboard that has a "laptop feel" to it? Using the laptop for so long has kind of spoiled me and I can't just type on a normal keyboard anymore.

I was looking at the Hp elite keyboard, this seems to come close to what I'm looking for but I would like to simply just plug it in (if they even make it) Problem with HP is this keyboard in particular seems like it might come apart quickly....

Any suggestions?

HP elite:
http://sob.apotheon.org/?p=865
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had the same problem, going from using laptops almost exclusively, to using desktops.

I ended up breaking the first keyboard I got after the switch and had to go to Wal-mart at the spur of the moment to get a temporary replacement. I picked up one of these for about $10 and I'm still using it months later since it kinda grew on me the first night I had it.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you go to Best Buy, their store-brand hardware is "Dynex". Pick yourself up a cheap Dynex keyboard and play with it for awhile. If you don't like it, return it. If you do like it, it will last you FOREVER. I bought one 4 years ago and mine is functioning just as well as the day I bought it.
  • shatter2day
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: N.Y.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys, Spork I actually tried looking up dynex but kept finding that their keyboards were discontinued. Anyways I ended up getting myself one of these:

http://us.kensington.com/html/4826.html

Time will tell if its durable or not, but im thinking with a 5 year warrenty it should be fine......

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts