Large Email attachments and Security

• mysonmark
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mysonmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I have run into a brick wall!

I have my website running. And now I realize that I can not send email attachments over 10MB. This is not good considering most of my email attachments are over 10MB. Can anyone please help me understand what my options are concerning emailing large attachments.

Also, security is an issue as well. I need to understand how to send secure email attachments. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can you recommend a host that offers the capability to email large attachments securely?

Thanks in advance.

Charlene
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Keep in mind that once you find a server or host that allows attachments over the 10MB, the recipients may still not be able to receive the sizes that you send. Same as file types, every receiving server has the same opportunity to reject the message as well.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your easiest option would be to just set up a download area using FTP (primarily because of the recipient restrictions UPSGuy mentioned - most recipients max out at 5MB), then email them the FTP download link instead of the attachment.

As far as email security, look into email encryption. There's a wide range of solutions.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts