Let it snow!

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just for kicks and giggles, I took a video of my drive home from work yesterday. It may not look like it, but it was actually 2PM in the afternoon when I took this little joy ride home. The white house at the end is where I live.

http://www.alaron-nuclear.com/private/s ... tsnow.html
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

i wish it was doing that here. it's just cold and dry :(
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We got 2 feet yesterday :-/
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

my snowmobile is gathering dust in the garage....... i haven't been out since sunday. :P
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't seen snow like that for years. I am actually quite jealous. We never get snow like that now in this part of Scotland.

I have to admit, that's a bit dangerous driving with the camera to your eye while in the snow! remind me never to be a passenger in your car if i ever do come to your part of the world and meet you.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
I have to admit, that's a bit dangerous driving with the camera to your eye while in the snow! remind me never to be a passenger in your car if i ever do come to your part of the world and meet you.

That's almost exactly what my mom said. First I'm quite accustomed to driving in snow and really pretty good at it. Second the camera had a side monitor screen that I glanced at now and then. I edited out the crappy parts where I wasn't aiming right.
  • victoriaphee
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • victoriaphee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for sharing!

Just curious though... Do the cars start easily even if it's that cold?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

So far mine has. As long as you have a relatively new, or well charged battery and a full tank of gas, it might be a little rough starting but it usually will. I remember when I was young our fathers would go out and run the car for about an hour prior to a bad cold spell, and maybe even put blankets around the engines and radiators.

Reminds me of the George Carlin routine with him out there trying to start a car in the cold. I'd love to play you a clip of that but can't find one on the internet.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it was to snow like that where I live, panic would grip the city.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It doesn't like me for some reason.
I can view the Flash on the rest of the site fine, but this video just sits there with a white screen. :scratchhead:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's what happened where my girlfriend lives in Dallas. a quarter inch of ice from that same storm in the video. Was a real mess down there.

Mom just told me we're supposed to have another wave of this next week with potential additional snow of up to a foot or more.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
It doesn't like me for some reason.
I can view the Flash on the rest of the site fine, but this video just sits there with a white screen. :scratchhead:

Upgrade your Flash Player? The rest of the site requires Flash Player 8. This video requires Flash Player 9

Current Flash Player version is 10
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
That's what happened where my girlfriend lives in Dallas. a quarter inch of ice from that same storm in the video. Was a real mess down there.

Mom just told me we're supposed to have another wave of this next week with potential additional snow of up to a foot or more.

I saw that Tues - Thursday of next week is supposed to bring more snow. This stuff the other day was a mess. The snow was fine but the next day the ice built up. My two wheel drive Ford Ranger doesn't like ice. It took me 20 minutes to get out of my driveway. Took me another 20 minutes last night to get out of a parking spot. Not fun at all. But for being born and raised in the deserts of Arizona, I drive pretty well in the snow. A lot better than people who were born and raised in this crap.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh wow, Firefox just rolls over and dies as soon as I open the page.

Damn jury rigged 64-bit Linux Flash support ! *shakes fist*
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Super jealous.
Living in texas, especially the panhandle (or armpit, as referred to by natives), is not a good place for an avid snowboarder such as myself. Just seeing a video of snow like that made me drool all over my keyboard. ;)
  • MidGe48
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool video!

By the way, what's that white stuff everywhere?

Here we are suffering a heat wave, the most severe in recorded history, in some areas. Not too bad where I live. It is only 97 degrees. Not far from here it was 114 yesterday!

Anyway, your side of the woods looks rather cozy! :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts