Lightning

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We had some pretty intence lightning storm in the pasific north west of the USA.

Here are some pictures that our local new paper got.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/galleries ... 68645.html
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You guys have it lucky in the USA & Canada. I don't think i'll ever see a storm again while i'm in Scotland like the one i did when i was on my way from Niagara Falls to Toronto back in July 2006.

I've never seen fork lightning like that before and it really is an amazing view. I love a good storm! :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everyone from out of state who visits here in Florida says the weather here is insane. One minute the sun is shining and the next it's pouring down rain and thundering, then 20 minutes later it's sunny out again.
I like the rain, don't much care for thunder and lightning though. Sure it looks really cool, but the side effects aren't so cool.

It makes animals bark or hide in places they normally wouldn't and shouldn't go, it makes babies emit a really annoying sound, it knocks out the electricity in the neighborhood sometimes, it can fry all of the electronics in your home if you don't have surge protectors, if you don't have an uninteruptable power supply you have to quit working or worry about losing your work and possibly your drive contents depending on what you're doing (yes I lost an entire partition about a week ago because I was in the middle of resizing and moving partitions when a storm hit...) people are afraid to go outside for fear of getting struck by lightning, there's something seriously wrong with everyone I've ever met who has survived a lightning strike.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

That storm hit here in Eastern Oregon as well. I woke up just in time to watch the power go out. All I thought about for the rest of the night was that I hoped my UPS at work kept my servers going lol

Storms have been ruined for me :(
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah we have lightning here too ... for me lightning storms are like babies ... they're only cool when they're not yours ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts