Long distance relationships?

• Sumen
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Rochester or Albany, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
so it goes back to this again, I am not thick i do understand what you are saying.

I just dont think it goes the same for everyone.

I don't think anyone was trying to say you were thick, theres a point they were trying to make about how your age affects you as a person (mainly your amount of experience), which you could not understand because you are still young. Whether they're right or not doesn't change the fact that you could not possibly know the difference between being young and old... Doesn't mean that they know how you are young and how you will be old...But at the least they know how they were young, and how they are now.
I consider myself young, and old people have used the argument that I could not possibly understand untill im older. I personally don't feel like theres much out there that I couldn't understand if I made an effor to... Then again theres absolutely no way to tell because we're not older yet.

My main reason for believing that it could be true is that when I hear younger (then me) people talking about relationship things, I often can remember being able to relate the feelings to when I was younger, and see how much different I am now.

Quote:
Are both of you absolutely sure you're together because you enjoy eachothers company, or because you're determined to beat the odds and make it work ?

I personally never tried staying together in a long distance relationship to beat the odds, and I know that my Father and step Mom also aren't together for those reasons...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Spoof how does my arguement not make sense * sighs and gives up the point in trying argue the point, clearly I am not getting anywhere*
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok. After reading this page and last..twice in a roll, ATNO makes sense, and Penguin makes sense too.

When I imagine myself now in a relationship, comparing when I was younger, I'm definitely more matured now and...

On the other hand, I knew a friend, we seldom meet now, he's in his early 30s'..

This guy still enjoy sleeping around ( nothing wrong I know ), making a lots of trouble during the time we went out together.. I was the youngest in that group, and all of them were older than me, They didn't seem to make alot of sense to me. The whole story is cut short, trust me, they were garbage, really.

I also had friends from childhood who matured very well ( I wouldn't say fast ),
and got married built up a family when he was about 19.

I think it really depends on that 'particular' person's experience other than age that will determine how he thinks today..
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you, You are the only one who realises age does not matter :P
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not siding anywhere... just a point I think I ought to say

//your avatar is freaking me ( joke )
:)
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know your not siding with anyone, And it freaks me out too :P
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
How can you possibly know that young people cant be in a serious relationship and or feel the same way as adults.

How can you possibly know what an elders person relationship is like? You have never had the experience so you don't have much room to argue. I'm not saying it can't be, I'm just saying that statement doesn't make any sense. You just told someone that has been your age that they don't know what it is like, think about that.

Its like telling someone that has been in a war that they don't know what is like, and you do because you have been to basic training.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just becuase an adult has been my age does not mean they know how all young relationships work.

Attempting to smart ass your way with me really does not work. Not all young relationships are the same.

* calls for penguin army for backup * :P
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I totally agree, then again not all adult relationships are the same, so stop trying to say that you know all about them.

Experience is an amazing thing, I'll leave it at that.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never said I did, So you can stop saying you know all about young relationships!

there not all the same
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

CE/ Pyrocy wrote:
Do they work?

I might be leaving the state for as long as a couple years for work/ school. She can visit at-least once a month and more in the summer (she's in school)... i just wanted to get your thoughts on the subject?

Love conquers all! If it's real love then it'll be patient and wait :D
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went to Tokyo for a year in my final year of university, leaving boyfriend of five years behind (now husband). Worked out alright, I was a good girl and he says he was a good boy, and in truth it was kind of refreshing to be away from him for a bit - after five years some aspects of the relationship had gotten quite tangled.....

now reasonably happily married. so yeah it can work. depends on the time scales, on the people.... lots of things.

another thing - some of my colleagues have been working away from home for five, seven, ten years now..... those sorts of long-distance relationships seem to me more like keeping the pretense of a relationship alive so you don't have to bother with the whole divorce - pay lawyers - split the house - tell the kids thing. I mean i sure as hell wouldn't let someone I love live away from me for ten years. what's the frikkin point??? but these are long-distance relationships in older people........... when much of the time maybe they're a better alternative to tripping over each other in the same house once the romance is gone................
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

10 years!! Wow Thats silly, Thats like buying a car and not using it for 10 years. Its pointless.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah well you may feel differently when you're fifty....
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Long distance relationships work out differently for everyone depending on the people and circumstances.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
Long distance relationships work out differently for everyone depending on the people and circumstances.

I think this should be the best answer for this thread. :P
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree 100%

Also musiks post to this was great :P
  • jv17
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jv17
  • Loc: Miami

Post 3+ Months Ago

at least you are in the same country and that's good..
some rel. they lived in different countries..
it is easier to live a rel. that way rather than you're going to another country
  • justontime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • justontime

Post 3+ Months Ago

Long distances relationships will work only with people that met each other physically.I do not believe a long distance relation between two persons who never met in real world would work .
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anything is possible.

I'm changing my thoughts you can see from my prev. post.

I have no judgement for this topic and am willing to believe anything can happen.

Yes it can, and it can not.
  • prakharmaheshwari05
  • Born
  • Born
  • prakharmaheshwari05

Post 3+ Months Ago

according to me Distance doesnt matter if the luv 4 each other is infinite

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 51 posts