Look at this poker hand I lost to.

• assneck
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: seattle, wa

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I was playing some high-stakes internet poker today and look at this hand I lost to..

That is the first royal flush I have ever seen. He even had the 9 to top it all off!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

My god! Your kidding me :O That would never happen in real poker :shock:
  • krismeister
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • krismeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

That reminds me of what I think about miracles.

Our perception of miracles is built around the fact that we live 75years or so. If we lived for instance 5000 years we wouldn't make a big deal out of royal flushes because we've seen them happen every 20 years or so.

On a down side we probably wouldn't ever cross the street, much too dangerous to do. Considering the potential of death (%00.0008 for instance off the top of my head) is much too risky, especially if we did it every day of our life.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Earlier this month I had two Royals within a week of each other. And you do see them in real life. Just not often. Problem with royals is you don't usually see them because you get outbet and fold prior. Especially in high stakes. Looking at that hand assneck had that all the way through the turn and I bet he was betting big. Deadliver had to suck it up just to stay in to catch that river Queen. We call them river rats. I've been where assneck was on that hand. sucks to get beat like that. Especially when you knew the hand was yours all along.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the few games of Poker i have played in real life, i have to admit i have seen a Royal Flush before. However, i am aware of how rare you do see them.

That was a pretty unfortunate turn of events for you though assneck.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gotta love poker. Never seen it personally, but I have a friend who's cousin's brother once was watching a game from his couch on television where a person had a royal flush hand.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I knew a guy whose sister's cousin's roommate's uncle's friend's mother was watching TV while on vacation in Mexico talking to her father on the phone who knew a guy who saw another guy's nephew win a poker hand with a royal flush.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm curious if that was fake money or real money table lol! If fake money I wouldn't call that high stakes at all. I play at ultimate bet and play money high stakes starts at 1000-2000 blinds. The other day an aquaintance was over 7 Million at his table. In fact Friday I won $250,000 on one hand with a straight flush.

If real money then Ouch!
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh I love poker! I play in the Australia poker league, and its awesome, although I am not a real good player.. I was beat a few weeks ago, I had pocket aces and I bet really hard, the river came down and it turned out I had a full house with the cards on the table, I thought WOOHOO Got this. The guy that was betting along with me, raised, so I did too, I ended up going all in, I think I had about 7000 chips at this stage. Card were turned and he had 2 spades in his hand, 3 on the table, the river was a spade! I Was SOOO upset!

That damn river gets you every single time!

My ex is the best player in our region of Sydney. Hes been to 3 championships so far, and has won money and a plasma TV. In the New South Wales invitational, there was 600 players and he came 40th. Deeming him the best player in South Western Sydney.
  • assneck
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I'm curious if that was fake money or real money table lol! If fake money I wouldn't call that high stakes at all. I play at ultimate bet and play money high stakes starts at 1000-2000 blinds. The other day an aquaintance was over 7 Million at his table. In fact Friday I won $250,000 on one hand with a straight flush.

If real money then Ouch!

Oh it was real money. $1,000 + $50 Sit an Go. Oh well it's only money. I knew I was beat. The way the hand played out I figured he had an A with a better kicker. Wasn't expecting a Royal Flush.

I used to play on UB but I saw way too much BS going on there. I would have KK and sure enough a guy would have AA same hand. Lots of stuff like that. I think they rig the games to push the action. I play on Full Tilt now and like it a lot better.

- assneck
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I might try it out. And I hear what you are saying about being rigged. I've watched it happen myself.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey assneck we play cards on wed and fri and we would love to have someone like you play. Just one question were you a blind, big or little, if you weren't what were you doing in that hand?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you look at the screenshot you will notice he is two in front of the dealer button, so he is the BB (Big Blind). Also you will notice it says BB next to his name to indicate he was the big blind, and SB on the other guy which indicates small blind.

I have never seen a royal flush in person before.
  • assneck
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh and BTW, It was only $1.00 + .25 Sit-and-Go tournament.

If it was really 1k bucks I would be really upset. I don't have the big bucks like Bigweb to be playing that high of stakes.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
and SB on the other guy which indicates small blind.

Man, I thought you guys were playing cards with SB.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unfortunately not. Although, i now believe you have now got another theory as to what SB actually stands for.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was cool.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Unfortunately not. Although, i now believe you have now got another theory as to what SB actually stands for.

I still think it's "smoke break" ... like "brb - sb"
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why the hell was assneck playing a pair against and easy flush or a straight? Bad call on his part.

I've seen several Royal Flushes in the last couple months (Live Games with REAL People) Best I've had was a straight flush to the 10.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've flopped a royal once in a live game and drawn to it on the turn twice online. It's an amazing feeling, let alone that the people in the hand are all betting into you. :D

I flopped quad aces the other day in a live game, but got no action. :(
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have gotten one royal before ... Small stakes but still cool to have gotten one before.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

more fake money table
2Kewl is me, btw
Finally hit my million in one night at one table
Attachments:
110mil.jpg

I can win a million in a night!

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
I knew a guy whose sister's cousin's roommate's uncle's friend's mother was watching TV while on vacation in Mexico talking to her father on the phone who knew a guy who saw another guy's nephew win a poker hand with a royal flush.

Haha, you never hear that in real life either: "I knew a guy whose sister's cousin's roommate's uncle's friend's mother..."

Actually I did hear that once, from my brother's wife's co-worker's uncle's best friend's dentist's daughter...
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've seen the Royal Flush TWICE while playing REAL LIFE poker. Unfortunatly they were not mine but fortunatly I wasn't in the hand at the time. lol

The best I ever had was a Straght Flush (on the flop)
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

About a year and a half ago, some friends and I were playing poker at a cabin during the winter while on a skiing trip. 10, K, A of hearts was the flop. The next card was a Q of hearts. We were all a little stunned. I believe most everyone folded, but myself and 2 friends stayed in just to see what would happen. The River card turned out to be the J of hearts.

That was the 1st and only time since that I have seen a Royal Flush. Amazingly it was all part of the flop. We couldn't believe it and didn't really know what to do so no one won that hand. We took pictures to prove it but they are at home on my desktop pc.
  • Samuraii
  • Student
  • Student
  • Samuraii

Post 3+ Months Ago

Amazing. I never caught Royal flash, but I hope in the near future to catch it and win big some of money.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Caught a Royal flush just once. Unfortunatly, pot only had maybe $5 in chips (playin $50 buy in). Felt slightly cheated. ;)
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat wrote:
My god! Your kidding me :O That would never happen in real poker :shock:

Was watching an NFL game the other day and afterwards went out for a few hours. Came back home, turned the TV on as background noise, came on the computer. I think it was day 2 or something of the WSOP. If the channel hadn't been there I never would have seen it - some dude had 4 aces and lost to a royal flush on the flop. They said the statistical chances were 1:2.8 billion and said it would most likely never happen again.
  • Pof
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Pof

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like gambling very much, it gives me to feel some adrenalin while playing.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 29 posts