lost city

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27010998/

I'm still not sure if "9,000 square miles" is a typo that will be corrected shortly... that's huge :| 10% the size of England Wales and Scotland combined.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting article, gotta love technology.

Prime wrote:

I'm still not sure if "9,000 square miles" is a typo that will be corrected shortly... that's huge :| 10% the size of England Wales and Scotland combined.

And it says 9,000 square meters, not miles. Still a good size though :wink:
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ha! nope, it was definitely miles. The article has been updated (honest guv). I thought it must be a typo.

None the less, a complete pyramid underground. I wonder if they'll be an Alien inside :? :roll:
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ooooh more pyramids!! coolness :D I love ancient civilisations... still waiting for someone to stumble upon atlantis..............
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
ooooh more pyramids!! coolness :D I love ancient civilisations..

ditto. i'm very disappointed by the lack of interest in such a geeky post. i bet if we excavate we can find the answer to the meaning of life or maybe the missing-link. at the very least proof of alien intervention :D i have a lawnmower ... :iconthumbleft:

apparently it is mayan, a holy city of some significance. i'm still amazed by the global spread of pyramids. although i think Antartica/sea holds the answer to the myths of time... buried under ice and water.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

there were stories a while back about a potential pyramid being discovered in my neighbourhood, in Bosnia & Herzegovina.... not sure that anything ever came of it, but it was a fun idea to contemplate. These things do give you brilliant insights into the past.

Same like the discovery of black Nubian pharaohs that ruled Egypt for a while demonstrated that back in ancient Egypt days race didn't mean a thing.... Racism was invented later, and actually prevented the information on the black pharaohs from being properly researched and published, because the first European archeological explorers of ancient Egypt felt sure that this information must be incorrect....
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

if my memory serves me correctly, the various statues the mayan peeps left lying around have caused similar arguments because the people they portray are black... which begs obvious questions being that they lived in south america.

The mystery that floats-my-boat above most others is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis_map - very hard to dispute the existence of lost knowledge when confronted with such evidence.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope they hurry up and dig it up...I will be in Peru this December!

:-(
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, that map is amazing. another thing that always fascinated me was the theory that the patterns of wear on the Sphinx of Giza indicate that it is not aeolian (i.e. caused by wind) but alluvial (i.e. caused by water) - and the time when rain fell on the territory of Egypt in sufficient amounts to cause such wear is some thousands of years before the kingdoms of Ancient Egypt which supposedly built the Sphinx.... I also liked the idea that the explanation for the obvious disproportion of its large body and relatively small head is that it was an ancient statue of a great lion, and the Egyptians merely altered the head into that of one of the Pharaohs...............
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I also liked the idea that the explanation for the obvious disproportion of its large body and relatively small head is that it was an ancient statue of a great lion, and the Egyptians merely altered the head into that of one of the Pharaohs...............

I've been to Egypt/pyramids and stood as close to the Sphinx as a tourist can get and there is nothing obvious about it, although I wasn't measuring proportions. I'm aware of the argument and it has merit. The same peeps subscribe to the theory that virtually all main-stream religions have their base in the zodiac and the sphinx is a representation of Leo and was constructed during the time of Leo. I can't remember my dates but i think we are talking around 13,000 years ago. I happen to agree with (convinced by) the general theory but I need more proof when it comes to the Sphinx. I do/don't believe, open to evidence.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts