Lottery Hours

• The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it me or does the lottery keep changing the time it will be drawn at? Seems it was at 11 PM for a while, then about 8 PM, now it's at 9 AM?(Eastern Time)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah it slowly changes because lets say that the lottery is supposed to be drawn at 8pm tonight. Now if someone visits the lottery page at 8 pm then it will draw at 8pm, but now if someone doesn't actually visit the lottery page until 10pm, then it will not be drawn until then. The reason for this is someone has to initiate the script for it to draw becuase its not run on a crontab to keep it drawing at the precise same time each day. So if the lottery gets drawn at 10pm instead of 8, it will then start the 24 hour clock from that 10pm point. So you can see how it will slowly get off track.
  • The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's very interesting, but I've entered everyday before it is drawn. And Jumping a whole 24 hours is a big shift don't ya thik?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, because it has slowly been changing each day, and if its supposed to be drawn at 5 pm and nobody checks the lottery page until 10 pm... then you can see it already shifted 5 hours. If people kept waiting 5 hours after the time it is to be drawn, then it would only take a few days to be on way different lottery times.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea they have it set up so it runs on seconds and not an exact time. I think the exact time would work better for daily drawings so even if it was viewed 5 hours after the drawing it would still be drawn again at the same time, it would just be running for less. I might have a look see at the code if it isn't too complicated... BWM if you find a solve for it let us know!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I could easily fix it by setting up a crontab and making sure it runs the exact same time each day. All it would have to do is run the lynx program and load up http://www.ozzu.com/lottery.php and that would keep it drawing the exact same time each day.
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

its not working. i just came to see that it is in 6 hours. i am like NO WAY. when i first came i say it around 6is then 8ish then 10ish now its like 3am did it fail or something
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Well I could fix it"

He never said he WOULD.
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

o. i thought that he said that he would
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

i prefer it to go off on different times :D
it makes life interesting ;)
then sometimes i can be around to see if I win which i never do but just in case i did - if i bought a ticket of course hehe :)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree -- nothing wrong with a little randomized interest, eh?

"if it ain't broke..."

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts