I love Chrome

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

When Google first introduced Chrome i was quite interested in seeing how it worked out compared to other browsers. However i was very happy to stick with Firefox and as a result it remained my browser of choice. About a month or so ago i decided i would install Chrome once again with the intention on making it my Browser of choice because Firefox of late had been a bit problematic.

Since then i have grown to love the browser. It is a million times faster than any other browser i have tried and generally performs very well in comparison to what i had been having with both FF and IE. Last night though i was typing a large topic in another forum i frequent, it took a bit of time completing. Whilst i was typing away i was using a reference for some of the content from another site so i had various other sites opened up in the navigation bar. When it came to opening up the tab which had my topic text in it i accidentally clicked the cross button which in turn closed the tab and therefore lost all the text i had typed - or so i thought. When i created a new tab so i could reload the website and type the content again i noticed where it showed "recently viewed tabs", so rather than typing in domain and navigating to topic and creating reply i decided i would click on the link and to my surprise realised that all the text i had previously typed was still there.

I love Google Chrome.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

since it was released, I've been using it as my main browser. I used to use firefox but it got slow and clunky, pretty much on par with IE IMO...

moved to chrome and not looked back.
  • JemsRoker
  • JemsRoker
  • Loc: Bangle of India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am web and graphic designer and also a search engine optimizer. So I need seo and web master tools and addons installed in browser. I can get these tools and addons free on web for firefox and for other browser. But only for firefox have a large and necessary collection of these addons and tools. Some of them are google toolbar, autofill forms, ranquest seo toolbar, searchstatus, site information tool. And these addons can be added in firefox easily and too much useful for web designer and master. So the Mozilla Firefox is best to me.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Attachments:
chrome-xzibit.jpg
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

My chrome works better on Linux box. It is only average on my Vista.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

My feelings towards Chrome are not any different today than they were when i first posted this topic. I've actually only installed Chrome on my PC, so when i log onto my laptop i still use Firefox and it's very obvious how big a difference in performance Chrome is to FF.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made the switch to Chrome about 6 weeks ago, and haven't looked back. Sometimes when I'm forced to work on a lab machine in our college, I use Firefox and wonder why I never switched sooner. Going back to Firefox just feels sluggish.

One of the things that really impresses me about Chrome is the user interface. For a relatively new browser, the user experience is incredibly polished and feels smooth and complete. I just don't get the same feel from other browsers, at least on Windows.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't realize they'd finally put together a deb for Chrome until George said something about Linux.

Chrome definitely flies on Ubuntu. I'll have to jump over to Windows to double check whether they fixed things there, but I don't see the half-assed jagged-edge CSS border-radius support in Ubuntus' version of Chrome, it actually looks good.

The way it handles text-align is frustrating though. It seems to have the same sort of rounding glitch IE had years ago where some things would shift one pixel to the left or right.

I'm wondering if the only reason Chrome renders so quick is that it skips a lot of the techniques used to keep things looking good. It would be pretty funny if by the time they fix all of the little annoyances like jagged-edge border-radius and offset text-align'ed elements it was rendering just as "slow" as everything else.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
It would be pretty funny if by the time they fix all of the little annoyances like jagged-edge border-radius and offset text-align'ed elements it was rendering just as "slow" as everything else.

It wouldn't surprise me, however Google will not be complaining as they have already got the userbase as a result of the "fast browser experience". So long as it doesn't become as buggy as FF and IE have become recently then they cannot do much to put me off.

I actually stumbled upon a great page which had loads of good info about different browsers including Chrome. When i find that page again i will link it here, it was quite interesting.
  • navidimran
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • navidimran

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google Chrome is an integration of the features of Firefox and Opera. The styling lok and fast paced browsing is undoubtedly a thing to look out for.
  • lewyh1
  • Born
  • Born
  • lewyh1

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
When Google first introduced Chrome i was quite interested in seeing how it worked out compared to other browsers. However i was very happy to stick with Firefox and as a result it remained my browser of choice. About a month or so ago i decided i would install Chrome once again with the intention on making it my Browser of choice because Firefox of late had been a bit problematic.

Since then i have grown to love the browser. It is a million times faster than any other browser i have tried and generally performs very well in comparison to what i had been having with both FF and IE. Last night though i was typing a large topic in another forum i frequent, it took a bit of time completing. Whilst i was typing away i was using a reference for some of the content from another site so i had various other sites opened up in the navigation bar. When it came to opening up the tab which had my topic text in it i accidentally clicked the cross button which in turn closed the tab and therefore lost all the text i had typed - or so i thought. When i created a new tab so i could reload the website and type the content again i noticed where it showed "recently viewed tabs", so rather than typing in domain and navigating to topic and creating reply i decided i would click on the link and to my surprise realised that all the text i had previously typed was still there.

I love Google Chrome.

is that a security issue - the remembering tab content thing?
  • healthtips
  • Born
  • Born
  • healthtips

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google Chrome is really a very nice web browser. It is really so fast and easy to use.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts