LuLzSec

• demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

By Geek. it sounds like LulzSec has been quite busy running there lulzboat around! Whats ya think about thies "hackings" that is going around when they call them ddos attacts... ??? Makes me wonder if its are government doing it and they are just calling them self a "group"......
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

They are not government people. They already posted all the senate.gov network info, along with pbs because of a piece they did on wikileaks. On Tuesday, they DDoSed some IRC servers on irc.2600.net You already know about the Sony hacks & they also released Fox's network info. You can view or download all the releases, which include drive mappings, passwords & other things at:

http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/

Another group call anonymous did some similar work a few weeks before exposing HBGary, a security firm, who wanted to use some illegal methods to DoS wikileaks. Bank Of America was also involved. Search Google "HBGary & anonymous" if you want to read more.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

o i know what they are doing! jUST makes me wonder.. thats all..
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know it's not funny, but the 'tude here made me laugh:

"This is a story all about how we made Bethesda Softworks, ZeniMax
Media, and everything they own, our bitch for life."

DemonMaestro, that thought has crossed my mind before, but I believe they would just do it under the pretense that the right is their's instead of going under the guise of a security group and boasting about it. Could be wrong.

I wish they'd do it to facebook, myself. Just to show them how it feels.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol about facebook. you would think that if it was the goverment that like you said that they would say its there right however what is a better way then saying its some "group". think of it like this. if it was a goverment then people would not think about it as bad as if a group of external people doing it. Also what is the better way to make people say it was not the goverment then "hacking" aka sql inject then attacking "maybe there" own site and taking bad about goverment.
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

true, what better way to be ruled out as a suspect than to make your self look like a victim..

I haven't checked out their twitter profile, but I've read on various boards people cheering for them.. they have fans :)
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

indeed they do have friends. Kinda makes me wish someone would "hack" or just deface there website and say its just a friendly cannon shot.. lol
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Someone was running a botnet against their IRC chat a few hours ago. Does that satisfy your wish?
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: nope :lol:
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

no point starting a war cyber war with a hacking group, in the end someone's hard drive is going to die haha.

I would rather redirect the attacks towards my competition web site hahaha take some traffic away from them
  • linkbuildr
  • linkbuildr
  • Loc: Vancouver

Post 3+ Months Ago

I heard a few days ago that they put out a media release saying they were disbanding. It'll be interesting to see if they are even found, or if "copy-cat" groups spring up. The information age is starting to get interesting, that's for sure...
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, they are going on vacation. The FBI is investigating. Lulzsec left another batch of documents taken from Arizona Public Safety. In some cases, they are more interesting than the State Dept. cables on Wikileaks. I'm probably the only one here who reads Wikileaks or the Lulzsec releases.
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe they're reorganizing .. disband, reform..

I wonder if they're for hire.. I'm so upset at facebook for all of those crappy ads
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can get Facebook plugin's that remove them. Moreso you need to inject code for the tables to expand outside the screen and then you don't see them. Greasemonkey is the plugin that is needed and i found similar code in the KOC attack scripts for this facebook game.

Greasemonkey you can change whatever is displayed on the site and change it around, really neat plugin.
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need to reinstall greasemonkey anyway. I reformatted my laptop recently and lost a lot of things. I haven't missed it since I haven't had time to play the games I used it with :)

Get this.. the night before last, I had closed out facebook and was searching for a font in google ... about 15 minutes later I went back to facebook and ALL (I mean every one of them) were ads for fonts!
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gm is a sweet script but i know what ya mean when formatting and starting over again. There is at least 1 thing that you forget to put on for months.

But yea Facebook is like a virus, it monitors your activity so it can sell you advertising. Mark and his team did a epic job of the facebook source code, really is a piece of work which makes them millions a year.

But yea their keyword detector is impressive, any keywords it detects and matches any content towards your profile, from pages, ads, Like this and whatever other marketing tools they sell off to company's.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Let me I suggest Adblocker Plus... It gets rid of all the adverts in my Firefox 5 :D

So lulzsec got tired of their campaign even though they promised never to disband until their cause is met.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

sherma wrote:
Maybe they're reorganizing .. disband, reform..

I wonder if they're for hire.. I'm so upset at facebook for all of those crappy ads

lol LulzSec has gone more underground due to too many people are looking for them but they have seamed to be hanging with anonymous atm from what i have heard/seen.

Few of them are behind bars for a little bit but i am sure they will be released soon, someone will find something to trade for their release, a lot of people have a lot of things to hide from people like us haha.

I say Good on them, Fight the System!
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

looked like someone got steam/valve
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

As well as a few other gaming companies, all in the past week. Each time it has been claimed by a different group, but my guess is its same person/group doing all of them, and sayin it was done by others.

Valve/STEAM
Gaia Online
EA Games
Few others i dont recall. All just defacements, but makes me wonder if its a vBulletin issue.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts