Mags For Less

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,

I ordered from this MagsForLess.com back in June. I still have not gotten my nearly $100.00 in magazines. My wife the same thing and she ordered in April. No response to emails over the last month and their phone number just says "Hello. Goodbye".

I have found dozens of the same complaints on epinions and complaint boards about how this company is a scam.

This is my thought. They still have Google Ads running. And I have a tool to find out all the Google Ads they are running. Some of them are quite expensive. Would it be wrong (in this case) to punish them by clicking away for the next month (under the radar) until I feel I have gotten my $100.00 back?

I am against click fraud, trust me, but there is no way I am going to get my money back from this. It is past the 3 month period on my debit card so I am really screwed.

Thoughts?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

More practical to report them to Google and give Google the option to cancel their ads. That would hurt them more.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with ATNO. Report them to google in the hopes that they will cancel their ads with the scam company. This would hurt them more.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk , have you contacted your bank about this? You can also file a local complaint with the better business bureau, many times people don't file and if there is something you could do they would know. Also if you get no where with the bank write them a formal letter to their main office or branch and explain the situation.
  • kscott
  • Born
  • Born
  • kscott

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is Joel and I am the owner of MagsForLess. Please email me directly at owner@magsforless.com if you have any open issues. I will make sure that your issue is resolved within one day.

Regards,
Joel
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or try this:

Administrative Contact:
Simkhai, Joel questions@magsforless.com
MagsForLess
41 West 72nd Street, 10G
New York, New York 10023
United States
  • MagsForLess SUCK
  • Born
  • Born
  • MagsForLess SUCK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I placed a magazine subscription order on MagsForLess.com back in 5/29/08. According to the email Mags For Less sent me on 5/29/08, my order was confirmed, and the first issue will arrive within six to eight weeks from the time the order is placed. I had been waiting for over 10 weeks, but there was still no magazine sent to me. Therefore, I emailed them @ questions@magsforless.com on 8/7/08 to check the status. JAMIE DAVIS @ MAGSFORLESS SUPPORT replied me on 8/9/08 to say they sincerely apologize for the delay. They located my order and was able resolve the problem. I will receive my first issue in the mail within six weeks. Another six weeks was gone. I email JAMIE DAVIS @ MAGSFORLESS SUPPORT again on 9/17/08 to check what is going on with my order because I still have not receive anything. I got no response from JAMIE DAVIS @ MAGSFORLESS SUPPORT. So I keep emailing them once everyday. Unfortunately, they never reply me again. I suspect this company is a scam. They told me on 8/9/08 that I'll receive my first issue within six weeks (which I never receive) just because they could buy more time, so I won't be able to file chargeback with my credit card company after 3 months. Now they took my money, but never send me anything, nor reply to my email. I am screwed!! No one should buy from magsforless.com no more!!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm amazed they're still in business based on what I've read.

They must be doing something right. :scratchhead:
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I always thought you had 9 months before you couldn't do a chargeback anymore. That would be around 39 weeks. Maybe its different with other cards.

Anyway it seems like the company keeps promising things until they know the chargeback period is over so that the the customer can't get their money back. I would complain to your local BBB and any other organization in your area. You can see a report on them here:

http://search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.a ... 1&id=79430

You may be able to get it resolved through the BBB as it shows many were on that page. Lots not resolved either. Notice most of the complaints were on "Delivery Issues"
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use my credit card for everything online - If I have a problem and the creditor does a charge back, I get my money and don't care how they resolve it :)
  • MagsForLess SUCK
  • Born
  • Born
  • MagsForLess SUCK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I sent numerous emails to MagsForLess, but got no response UNTIL I SENT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL YESTERDAY. I think the only thing these guys afraid of is lawsuit!!!

Sent:Mon 9/29/08 1:45 PM
To: questions@magsforless.com
Cc: owner@magsforless.com
RE: [#-25254-794] RE: [ #-17195-496]: Status on Order #

Joel Simkhai, Jamie Davis, or whoever it would be @ MagsForLess, 41 West 72nd Street, 10G, New York, NY 10023, 646-593-7197:

I had read so many forums and websites, and now I know you are a scam. I already reported you to New York Attorney General, New York City Department of Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau, FBI - Internet Crime Complaint Center. I will contact the New York State Police Department today to report you and give them all your information. I will also contact all the victims who posted messages against you on different websites or forums. Once I have enough number of victims, I will have my lawyer to file a class action against you. So, have fun scamming people. I'm sure you will pay for what you've done.

**SURPRISINGLY, THEY FINALLY REPLIED ME ON THE SAME DAY**:

Subject: Re: RE: [ #-17195-496]: Status on Order #
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:00:43 -0400

Dear Customer,

Thanks for contacting us. Your order has been canceled and your credit card refunded for the full amount of $15.83. The last four digits of the card refunded is ****. Please allow 7 business days for your refund to process back to your card. Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,
Kim Scott
Customer Service
MagsForLess

I'll keep track on my credit card to see if they are really gonna refund my money. If not, I'll continue to contact law enforcement agencies to get my money back, or until they have their business closed!!
  • MagsForLess SUCK
  • Born
  • Born
  • MagsForLess SUCK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, I'm so surprised this company has been doing business like this for 2+ years. I had learned a lesson that I should check people's comments on forums before I place any online order with small company in the future.

search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.aspx?pid=44&page=1&id=79430

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Online_Store ... orLess_com

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Online_Store ... agsForLess

http://www.ozzu.com/general-discussion/ ... 69935.html

http://www.complaints.com/directory/200 ... /18/44.htm

search.complaints.com/search?btnG=Search%2BComplaints.com&output=xml_no_dtd&sort=date%253AD%253AL%253Ad1&client=complaints&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&proxystylesheet=complaints&site=complaints&q=Mags+For+Less

consumerist.com/consumer/magsforless/avoid-magsforlesscom-224669.php

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/retaile ... oreid=1640

http://www.dotcult.com/magsforlesscom-ripped-me-off

http://www.planetfeedback.com/wwwmagsfo ... ion/298788

http://www.viewpoints.com/MagsForLess-com-reviews
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The frustrating thing about this business it they respond when the crap is about to hit the fan so to speak. But until someone threatens them they will continue to do what they are doing. For them it's worth it as alot of people won't do much more and may count their losses.

Best thing that could happen is for some media organisation to document this. As soon as the media do a report on them they will stop getting customers and will (providing there is sufficient evidence) be investigated by any of the organisations you mentioned in your first post "MagsForLess SUCK".
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We should submit this for review by the media :D Who's with me?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts