Making a website- help

• Heidi Heil
  • Born
  • Born
  • Heidi Heil

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. I've never made a site, have no domain or space yet and am looking for help in everything.

I need a lot of space for mostly pictures and a user friendly interface (?) I had a few AOL hometown pages but I have no idea at all about website servers and such.

I'm through AOL broadband and I need a host that allows me to open a site for donations. I'll only be taking donations for a short time (hopefully) and then just continuing the site from there.

My son is dying of a chemical toxicity disease, alzheimers and ALS due to a pathogen in his blood feeding off of his nutrients and oxygen and medications he was on building toxins in him because of doctors not telling me what he has. They prescibed medications proven to cause more toxicities when he came in vomiting every six weeks...things you aren't supposed give to children anyways because the medical data on safety and approval hasn't even been established on top of the fact that it's not even supposed to be given to adults over a month and he was on them for many. He has been abandoned by the medical society now due to the controversial nature of how they hid the truth for so long.

I have found a doctor willing to help us and a treatment plan is underway. I unfortunately need help and have decided to not be too proud to beg for my child. I've been helping others in my medical searches and a new friend who's child I helped started taking donations for me a couple of days ago and asked me to make a flyer. I'm hoping this works and we can save all the money for his treatments and want to make a site to let all the wonderful people my friends said would send a little money to watch Daniel's progress with pictures and video. Possibly to make donations through the site as well if they wish. I want to get the site started ASAP as I borrowed money to pay for blood tests next Wednesday and was hoping to have something- even if it's primitive set up.

I used to do photography before Daniel and take so many pictures of him that I felt it would be a great way to reach out to people and I'm going to start a program where I can have emails to myself and others who are experienced in doing medical research (I've taught people how to do this) and we can help others.

After I get to where Daniel is doing better I want it to be an interactive site where we share medical and personal information and help eachother..possibly even helping others we find in need to get treatment by posting their stories and email addresses. All people will have to have proof as I do of their or their child's illness and doctor willing to treat them they can contact if they are asking for donations.

I'm sorry this is so long but am hoping for people to see the nature of the site it will need to expand and the server has to be open to me taking donations and having sometimes controversial content due to the suffering people's stories of the hardships endured many times because of doctors and drugs that were prescribed. If you can help in recommending a server-domain that sounds like it would meet my needs and a program to help me get started or a server with it's own program like AOL's but capable of tons of space and video, please let me know.

You're sites are so wonderful and inspiring. I want mine to have a creative but classy feel. Most of my son's pictures are BW and I want it to reach out to those who might help and to those in need of help.

Thank you,
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heidi, welcome to ozzu,
There are a great many people here who will help with the web design, i just want to say good luck in what you are trying to achieve, i don't have experience of web design, sorry.
Good luck to you and your son, i hope very much you find the cure for him.
suzie.
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would recomend getting a webhost. I am with http://www.yrhost.com and i think that they are very good and cheap ($25/year, 300 mb webspace, 6 gb bandwidth) and if you join up this month you will get 3gb extra Band width

If you do get hosting you will have to also get a domain name which are only about $6.00 a year.

I would recomend getting a HTML editor so that you can get the page up and running quickly without the hassle of learning all the advanced HTML.

People could send you donations through paypal. Or something that might appeal to you is http://www.justgiving.com, I do not know whether you have to be a registered charity to be included. I work for a charity and we have set up an account with them and they claim back all tax from dontations that are paid to us by uk individuals. And it can all be done over the internet.

I think that you would have to have php for the images as this would be the best thing if adding loads. I have made a site and one of the pages has got a PHP gallery where visiters can upload pictures to the site and then you would approve them so that they show up. The url of my gallery is http://ghostorbsociety.com/ghostpictures/index.php It is dead simple to set up. All i did was go into the control panel of my site and then go onto addons and it installs it for you automatically.

Sorry that this messages is all over the place but i am just writing my ideas as they come into my head.

I wish you could luck with your site and will look fowards to reviewing it on the "website reviews" forum.

Take care

Tony
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats nice Tony, and very helpful indeed.
Looked at your gallery just a peep, them ghosts are something else tony i'll go back to look in more detail later ! i'll also put the link in my chatroom, should raise a few comments lol, thanks.
suzie.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would recommend getting a book on html. Just a basic one with pictures. A visual learning guide. Learn a few tags and you should be good-to-go for a simple website.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry about your son, that is too bad. Children shouldn't have to go through that.

I am sure someone here could hook you up with server space and may even do some design for you for free or even very cheap. If I had it I would do it. I am sure you have paid enough money for your son and the medical screw ups that another monthly payment would be unnecessary. All someone would need to do is give you a subdomain from their host and put a site together for you and have it up and running in no time. If no one is willing to donate space to you, there are free webhosts that will work. Your ISP may even have free webhosting you could use.

I am sure you don't have the time to sit and read a few books on html and to learn how to use an HTML editor or Front Page. From the sound of your post you want this yesterday and I don't blame you.

I could quite possibly put together a website for you if I had the pics and text you would want to use tonight, keep in mind nothing spectacular but I have no where to host it. The donation part could be taken care of with a paypal account (I think, I've never used it). I could look into it unless someone else here has knowledge of how paypal works. I am willing to help in any way possible. Just let me know.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

yup, paypal is the way to go for getting donations for the following reasons:

cheap fees
secure (and a lot of people know it and already use it)

I would offer to help you with the design, but I have far to much on for the next few weeks. PM me if you still need the help in a couple of weeks - I should be free enough then.

I don't know but I would imagine Frontpage would be the best way to go if you want to make the site yourself (I don't use it myself - any info anyone?)

In fact, some of the hosts (even some of the free ones) let you edit and create your own pages online. Its just a case of dragging and dropping text pictures etc onto the screen. I remember doing that before I knew anything about HTML and it was pretty simple (my girlfriend was ok with it and she doesn't know much about computers.)

Good luck with this and I hope your son gets better soon.
  • Heidi Heil
  • Born
  • Born
  • Heidi Heil

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you all for your help. I'm going to try and do this through the suggestions... hopefully will work out. If you have any specific books or software recommendations (software esp.) I would greatly appreciate any help on this. I do want it yesterday but it would be best for me to set it up so it's mine and once it's set, it doesn't move around.

I'm going a bit namsy-pamsy at first until Daniel gets treatment becasue ** hospital** and the doctors involved want nothing more than to see Daniel die and would stop any treatment he starts just as they have others who squack too loudly and try to help their children.

When I started finding the truth, I was livid with these doctors esp the geneticist. I confronted him and we had an ongoing email debate where he would lie thinking he had something of proof that he had always said my son could die at any minute and such on file but write so many horrible and ignorant things I'd trip him up. He was livid.

He made it so no doctor would see him but himself. All new doctors would require to call the old geneticist and all compassion ended at that moment after they spoke.

My father was an attorney before he passed away and I think I felt I could make a difference... until I found that Daniel was just a drop in the bucket of what our government is doing to it's people through drug dealers called doctors.

You'd never know I didn't believe in natural cures and wanted the latest genetic advancement with how I am now, but I have learned too much to want any doctor to touch Daniel again.

I'm calling the site "Healing Crisis". This is a term used when you are suffering a disease and flushing toxins with antioxidants,herbs, IV toxin removers to heal but it's painful to go through yet necessary in order to flush the chemicals and filth and not die... sometimes though, if you do too much too fast it will kill you- so you have to start small and work your way up to helping and healing. I'm hoping maybe this will spread truth to those suffering and cause this healing crisis in the world. If it is God's will, this will be done. If it is not, then I will atleast know it has been there for many people in need, helping them connect with those who have suffered and survived.

There are fast treatments for all known diseases. Unfortunately as a Nation we are spending too much money on cures for the rats, clones for research and yet this research will never end. So long as there is a disease with money to be made, there will never be a cure for it. I know of 3 cures all found by parents and they are all illegal in the USA, Europe and Canada. If I had a medical degree and an article I could get a government grant for 250,000.00 to research a disease. I would get another greant the following year if I made progress but not a cure. I'd get a lot money if I could make a drug that can cause a small inprovement with 2-10 big side affects for the drug companies to market.

Not one disease I have researched has a cure. All those treated for cancer have an over 90% chnace of getting diabetes and/or leukemia in 20 years. This is not a cure. This is a failure and a scam. So if you ever hear the word scam about anything natural just remember the money behind the mouth and decide for yourself what to believe.

I better go and get started. I'll post as soon as it's up... My digicam's cd is lost and I have to go hunting for connectors and a new photoshop as well since mine crashed and it was downloaded from a friend. If anyone nkows where to find these please let me know. I have so many pictures on CD that are photoshop and I can't open them.

Thank you again,
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

i will help in any way that i can just pm me or send me a e-mail at ck@cowkiller.com
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am with cowkiller
needany help in any way.
PM me, or email me
nucleo87@hotmail.com
I have my own website, photoshop, fireworks etc.
so any help i can give you...fell free.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nucleo wrote:
I am with cowkiller
need any help in any way.
PM me, or email me
nucleo87@hotmail.com
I have my own website, photoshop, fireworks etc.
so any help i can give you...fell free.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts