Management Issues -- Quite Urgent.

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm the president for my college Korean Club. It's new and some members are already fading away. The vice president seems to be stress lately, saying her assignment and seems to be quite upset about the fact that she and some others are leaving college by end of the year. They are taking a short pre-U course while me the degree.

So now, another group of korean from outside of college went to see the management wanting to see the Korean Club president to set up a booth to promote their activities which include a kind of global camp. And they gave them my number. They(the group) called and meet with me just now. So, with my position half-hanging, Do I need to talk with my committee members first before I approve them to open the booth? or should I just do what I think is right?

The management says it's up to me to decide, my call. But I feel indebted to the vice president who helped me to form the club. Like not respects them and approve them(the group) to use my authority to open the booth. I still value my committee members even though lately almost all of them are acting strangely.

How strange? just today there was supposed to be a so-called meeting but the vp didn't turn up and didn't let me know. I'm thinking now should I confront her about my situation?

I know it's pain in the heart when the fact that almost everyone of us is parting after this year, but Come on, it's not the end of year yet? Am I being too optimistic?

The first we gathered and talked, few times were positive, future oriented, mission of spreading the korean culture with traditional learning and things like that. Now after all the management of my part sorted, with two lecturers as my advisors, seemed to be strain. (me and comittee members).

I know everyone has stress when it comes to coursework, what about me? I have six subjects, and being the class rep is no easy stuff, plus -- due to popular demand I have to organize for the next trip in our mid-break. Aside from all these which are not really my problems, but what do you think?

Search them and gather for a meeting before allowing the group to come in, or I decide myself?

I may sound weak if I seek for their approval, right? or should I just do the hard jerk way?

I don't need to pull my hair, it's not falling but my chest doesn't feel easy -- and that's worse than hair falling with me stomping my head.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You'll always get honest opinions from just doing something and then seeing what people have to say about it. Not the case with asking people what they think you should do before you do it.

It's easiest to count the rings on a unicorns horn when it's standing in front of you.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Got you, Joe. Actually I got what you mean at my first read, but my mind needs to run through it a dozen times just to really get it. I imagined a unicorn stood in front of me, with rings on its horn...and I counted..It helped me to sleep better the first night.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts