Manchester City was bought!!!

  • asson
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • asson
  • Posts: 41

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could you imagine that Man. City was bought by some sheikh who has 1 thousand of milliard dollars of fortune?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • grinch2171
  • Moderator
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6809
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

one thousand of milliard dollars???

WTF is a milliard?
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2305
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

that's the local currency of any country ruled by sheikhs

duh. :)
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 935
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
WTF is a milliard?


more than a penny and slightly less than a bazillion.

Should be interesting, a club that can actually break into the top-4.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 13503
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do you buy a city ? :scratchhead:
They must do things differently over there.
  • SB
  • Moderator
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 8742
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is regarding the purchase of English Football (that's Soccer to you Americans) club just under two weeks ago. The guy that bought the club apparently has more money than the Russian owner of Chelsea FC who has already invested hundreds of millions of pounds on players over the last few years.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6230
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah okay ... it makes more sense with that explanation ... thanks SB ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Posts: 8397
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime wrote:
Quote:
WTF is a milliard?


more than a penny and slightly less than a bazillion.

Should be interesting, a club that can actually break into the top-4.


WTF is a bazillion?
  • Samuraii
  • Student
  • Student
  • Samuraii
  • Posts: 68

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
How do you buy a city ? :scratchhead:
They must do things differently over there.


It is an English Soccer team - Manchester City.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 935
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Prime wrote:
Quote:
WTF is a milliard?


more than a penny and slightly less than a bazillion.

Should be interesting, a club that can actually break into the top-4.


WTF is a bazillion?


More than a million but definitely less than a gazillion. Make sense :?: :wink: :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Posts: 8397
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime wrote:
Quote:
Prime wrote:
Quote:
WTF is a milliard?


more than a penny and slightly less than a bazillion.

Should be interesting, a club that can actually break into the top-4.


WTF is a bazillion?


More than a million but definitely less than a gazillion. Make sense :?: :wink: :D

:lol: okay. If that makes you feel better :D
  • Pof
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Pof
  • Posts: 58

Post 3+ Months Ago

How much did he pay for this cool football club?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2008
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

football is becoming too much about money and too little about the game. the last game of man city against chelsea was billed 'Arabs vs Russians'. Chelsea has been running at a loss for a fair while now, but Abramovich just keeps shoveling money into it to keep it ticking over.....

it shouldn't be that way.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 935
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read somewhere the Premiership is now so incredibly big, with transfers topping one billion pounds per season it has a measurable impact on the UK economy. In these tough times I'm happy to see Man City fork-out £150,000,000 for Ronaldo. The taxes will help pay for a few more school teachers.
  • Robin007
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 41

Post 3+ Months Ago

I heard that the sheik wanted to buy all popular football players and they will play in Manchester City.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1134
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Calendine is correct,

It used to be a family game but now its just a business. Now everyone wants a buyer ..needs a buyer.. to compete with the likes of Chelsea and now Man City.

Mark Hughes as it turns out landed on his feet but it was touch and go because the buyer only came in at the last minute with his billions.

Even in january when the big spending *will start at Man City it does not guarantee them the trophy. Mark Hughes though, *must, be in the top four spot at the end of the season side stepping..wait for it...Manchester United/Arsenal/Liverpool and Chelsea to get there...lmaoooooooooooo

(May 2009) must see him in that top four and winning the Champions League within three years.

How long will the manager last is anyones guess. Managers, as we have seen with Newcastle and West Ham are sacked or they walk within weeks these days.

Just watching Arsenal and Bolton so far its Arsenal winning 2-1.


:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • asson
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • asson
  • Posts: 41

Post 3+ Months Ago

suzie wrote:
Calendine is correct,

It used to be a family game but now its just a business. Now everyone wants a buyer ..needs a buyer.. to compete with the likes of Chelsea and now Man City.

Mark Hughes as it turns out landed on his feet but it was touch and go because the buyer only came in at the last minute with his billions.

Even in january when the big spending *will start at Man City it does not guarantee them the trophy. Mark Hughes though, *must, be in the top four spot at the end of the season side stepping..wait for it...Manchester United/Arsenal/Liverpool and Chelsea to get there...lmaoooooooooooo

(May 2009) must see him in that top four and winning the Champions League within three years.

How long will the manager last is anyones guess. Managers, as we have seen with Newcastle and West Ham are sacked or they walk within weeks these days.

Just watching Arsenal and Bolton so far its Arsenal winning 2-1.


:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Thanks for the information. Very useful. Now I am brought up to date about the situation appeared with Man City.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1134
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

My pleasure assan,

I see Michael Owen will join Man City in January, he is also after my fav player in Roque Santa Cruz. You see where MH is going? he has money but would rather buy other team player..what a complete asshole Mark Hughs has become.

Of course it all could go belly up as we enter the resesson..I live in hope. As things stand Hull is in a great position at 3rd from the top.

The places are at this date:

Chelsea:
Liverpool:
Hull:
Arsenal:
Man United:
Aston Villa:

Those are the supposedly big guns at the moment in our Premiur League but May 2009 is a long way off in football.
Then comes:

Portsmouth:
Westham:
Blackburn:
West Brom.

We'll see how it looks in the weeks ahead.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.