Marketing

• Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

just wanted a few ideas on what the best way of marketing my site would be. I almost have it finished and wanted to get my name out there. I have endless money ( although i want to try and keep it at minimum). All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks people! :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

This should be moved to the Search Engine section. You can find all your answers there.
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahaha no it should not...... and you cant find answers to questions like this there...... From people that have experiance in doing it...... PLEASE do not reply to this post if you are being a smart ass..... this is a serious question, some of you i trust and want an opinion from. Thanks
  • Cool#9
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Québec

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
This should be moved to the Search Engine section. You can find all your answers there.

He is serious, this I a general topic area, you will have a general answer!!! ;)
Give a look in the search engine place, just what you need

http://www.ozzu.com/other-search-engines/attracting-visitors-t22499.html
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I personally think this one should stay here. The question was not specific to internet marketing, but marketing in general. As there is no category for marketing/business management specifically, I think General is the right spot.

In regards to the question, I think you shouldn't rely on internet marketing alone. I think you need to have a physical campain (I mean stuff printed on paper) as the main push, and have internet marketing to support. The key is to get the URL in front of your target audience. If it's something they'll actually keep, even better. You need to do your homework to determine what demographic you're going after.
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks but i saw that one and that was not what i was looking for that thread was the same things over and over evryone knows those ideas it is the same basic 3 i am looking for something that is different, those 3 ideas i am working on already. ...... sorry for the confusion i will send PM's to those i am trying to get advice from. BUT DONT GET ME WRONG THANKS FOR THE HELP!
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
I personally think this one should stay here. The question was not specific to internet marketing, but marketing in general. As there is no category for marketing/business management specifically, I think General is the right spot.

In regards to the question, I think you shouldn't rely on internet marketing alone. I think you need to have a physical campain (I mean stuff printed on paper) as the main push, and have internet marketing to support. The key is to get the URL in front of your target audience. If it's something they'll actually keep, even better. You need to do your homework to determine what demographic you're going after.

THAT IS WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR... THANKS... ANYMORE LIKE THAT?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was not being a smart ass...just marketing questions are usually asked in the search engine forums. Maybe next time Ill put a happy face next to it.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cuerock wrote:
Thanks but i saw that one and that was not what i was looking for that thread was the same things over and over evryone knows those ideas it is the same basic 3 i am looking for something that is different, those 3 ideas i am working on already. ...... sorry for the confusion i will send PM's to those i am trying to get advice from. BUT DONT GET ME WRONG THANKS FOR THE HELP!

The ideas we talk about in there are talked about because they work. Its always good to try to do something new, so if your looking for something new..thats great. But when someone asks you why they are not being found or need to get their site better rankings, I give an opinion from my experience and what has worked for me and my clients.
  • Cool#9
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Québec

Post 3+ Months Ago

O.K I guess you need more then just that “basic 3”
Well if you really want attention, in this moment P2P is a very good place to be seen,
I know it’s not nice what most people do with that program but eh! what you really care is mass audience and that is legal actions,
I even saw the US immigration office doing ads there,
for example eDonkey network is extremely cheap to advertise,
plus if you like, it can target a specific area in the respective country of your choice, audience you will get, for sure,
and all that is legal as it can be, but don’t start abusing by downloading copyrighted stuff now eh! ;)

Here is the link for the advertising section.
http://www.overnet.com/advertise/
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalmedia is right, you need to come up with a campaign for your wesite promotion. i think the keys are finding the best approcahes to be in the face of your audience and doing it continuously and not just the once of you have to keep at it and be consistent.

Some strategies could include:
- advertising your products/services in relevant areas in print media - classifieds, mags, newspapers etc.
- air time on radio/television
- mailouts of brochures or coupons
- hooking up with other businesses
- posters, flyers, cards
- displays at your audiences locations
- events, seminars
- branding wise include your url on everything (if your biz is not just a website)
- vehicle branding
- signage and banners
- uniform/clothing
- conduct surveys

just off the top of my head, these are pretty much physical stuff, im sure theres more web specific stuff on here somewhere like vetofunk said about the search engine stuff.

but the key is coming up with a strategy for online/offline that is tight. you gotta really think about the way you use each of these "strategies" so that they all work together, and i think that its all driven by a strong corporate image and the effectiveness of your messaging/offer.
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
Cuerock wrote:

The ideas we talk about in there are talked about because they work. Its always good to try to do something new, so if your looking for something new..thats great. But when someone asks you why they are not being found or need to get their site better rankings, I give an opinion from my experience and what has worked for me and my clients.

I didnt mean any harm dude. I am not new here and i guess that i should have been a bit more specific on what i was looking for
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its alright...i didn't know you were talkin about all around marketing, thought just trying to get some positioning in the search engine world.
  • ssw0420
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

mm, very good question tho.
Any better ones?

As far as selling hottest products, spamming works the best - even though I don't spam. It's a percentage game.. usually
1 out of 1000 gets sold, and send milliong everyday. that's
100 sales everyday.. but I wouldn't recommend spamming:)
But it works.

I think you should concentrate on two parts, Offline and Online.
Offlines are quite general..mags,classifieds...those general
stuffs, and have the audience see em anyway..

For online, links exchange..lots..! get partners, and best way,
have built in affiliate program:) and good payout.

good luck, my 2C.
  • mock
  • Loc: Alabama

Post 3+ Months Ago

You say you have endless money, seems like you would be able to receive professional insight on marketing your site.

Peace.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with mock, why go through all this trouble yourself? If you have the money you should go with a marketing team that has experience with this sort of thing.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts