So McDonald's forgot your fries again...

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe, just maybe, they intended as much. Ridiculous what people will do to save a buck.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/yacomink/robert ... s-a-crook/
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats such a fraud! If you order a big mac value meal, you are paying for a burger AND fries AND a drink. Yet another reason to not eat at that grease ball restaurant.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
Thats such a fraud! If you order a big mac value meal, you are paying for a burger AND fries AND a drink. Yet another reason to not eat at that grease ball restaurant.

Assuming the letter is real...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good point, but like Garfield always says: "If its on tv [the internet] it must be real!"
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just noticed that movie "Super size Me" is available free on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Tv_mihMBA

If you haven't watched it it's great. This documentary film maker goes on a 30 day "MacDonald's only" diet -- eats nothing except what can be purchased at the Golden Arches.

He has doctors and nutritionists monitoring him -- he gains like 11 pounds in the first four days. By day 20, his blood tests come back indicating acute liver intoxication; as in, the doctor says he has only seen such a radical change in alcoholics on very heavy drinking binges, and that if he does not stop he will die.

He makes it thru the month tho. MacD's has responded by saying they have never recommended people eat only their food.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

A lot of the buzz surrounding that movie and the general health craze led to the salads and what not that everyone suddenly offered. I commend him for his efforts, and I've enjoyed most all of his shows - particularly the 30 day stint in prison that he did. Interesting to see how it 'really' is instead of Hollywood's take.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

The really nasty part about the Supersize Me dvd is in the special features. They took some hand made fries and a hand made fresh food hamburger and put then in their own glass jars, and the same with a burger and fries from McD's. The hand made preservative free food broke down and decomposed and rotted pretty quick, but the McD's lasted months. Eventually the smell of the McDonalds burger got to be too much so they threw it away, but after several months the fries remained unchanged, no mold or anything. People eat that stuff! How can you eat food that doesn't rot when it is left out? Thats just disgusting.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
A lot of the buzz surrounding that movie and the general health craze led to the salads and what not that everyone suddenly offered.

Oh he eats the salads too. When they do the analysis, it turns out most of them have as much fat in as a Big Mac. The yogurt and granola is as bad or worse than the fudge sundae. Didn't know he went to jail -- do you know what for?

"Where in the world is Osama Bin Laden?", by the same guy, is even better. I guess he made some money on Super Size, marries the vegan chef :lol:, then leaves her at home pregnant while he tours the Middle East looking for OBL. He actually talks with one of his #2 propaganda guys in Egypt, but by far the scariest "normal folks" in the movie are in a particular neighbourhood of Israelis, who almost beat him to death in the street just for walking around doing on the spot interviews. Scary.

Quote:
but after several months the fries remained unchanged, no mold or anything

Yeah! The fries were TEN WEEKS old when they threw them out. No mold, nothing. They look like they were bought yesturday.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't put it past some fast food managers out there. Most of them get bonuses based on food cost.

I worked fast food when I was a teenager. There was one manager I'll never forget. This guy was a stickler on everything, real penny pincher. Most places the employees will eat the occasional nugget, fry, etc, this guy was a real prick about it when he'd see people do it though.

Basically, the guy was "by the book".

I guess not too long after I'd left the main manager took off with one of the lunch bank drops with a few grand in it and the stickler guy took over as the main manager.

I found out a couple of months ago that the guy ended up getting fired after the franchise owner got suspicious about a lost drop that Mr. Stickler explained that he left it on top of the his car and drove away with it up there and decided to check the books.

Come to find out, this guy had been cooking the books for years. Everyone knew he went to the dog track on the weekends but everyone figured he had it under control because he was never late on his child support and he was such a stickler.

What he was doing was "borrowing" money from the drops when he was the manager in charge and gambling with it, paying his bills, etc. Apparently he got a bad tip or something and had to take an entire drop to catch up. I guess he figured his story was plausible and nobody would be suspicious.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually stopped eating at McDonalds a couple years ago when I started to really get into cooking and grilling. After making some kickass burgers of my own, I just couldn't stomach any of their food anymore (I never really did like anything there to begin with). I will admit however, to stopping a few weeks ago because I was starving and it was convenient. Had one of their Angus Swiss and Mushroom. At least that was tolerable.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I actually stopped eating at McDonalds a couple years ago when I started to really get into cooking and grilling...I will admit however, to stopping a few weeks ago...

I'm in the same boat. Once my wife discovered cooking, I didn't look back. I do stop there occasionally, but my body NEVER appreciates me for it, and let's just say it lets me know its displeasure with my choice. Same goes for most any fast food joint and some sit-down restaurants, too. Friggin' cheap, unnatural food.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
particularly the 30 day stint in prison that he did.

That was part of his series on FX called "30 Days" where either him or a willing volunteer live a different lifestyle for 30 consecutive days and have it all documented. They had a really fundamentalist christian guy live as a muslim for 30 days, and a straight guy live as a gay guy, and Spurlock went to jail for 30 days for his show and all kinds of stuff.

I avoid McDonalds for health reasons too. That and Long John Silvers and a lot of those other super greasy fast food restaurants give me the worst heart burn in the world I have to spend a lot of time sitting in the bathroom after I eat it.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went through the McDonalds drive through just along the road from me the other day on my way home from work. The order wasn't ready by the time i reached the window to collect it so the guy told me to park up and someone would take it out to me. About 5-6 minutes later the guy that spoke to me at that window took it out and said "sorry about the wait, i've chucked in larger fries and an extra cheesburger for the wait".

This guy is a young guy and didn't look like management, so i did wonder whether he used his own discretion for this or if he got manager permission. I really doubt it would have been management that allowed him to do it, so with every burger and fries they give away there is always the odd freebie thrown in at times too.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

The McDonalds back in my old town had a sign that said "60 seconds from the time you pay till you're on your way, or your next order is free!" Me and a buddy challenged them on it and they said that the corporate office makes them have those signs posted but nobody actually times it so they can't uphold their promise. Thats false advertising, maybe even bait and switch.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

They are stupid to have signs like that up. False advertisement indeed and definitely something they would have lost loads of $$'s because of claims. I sure as heck would take advantage of that advertisement if i ever saw it.

Blockbuster in the UK used to have their "Blockbuster Promise" which meant if there wasn't a copy of a movie in the store at the time you wanted it then you'd get a free copy of that movie the next time you turned up. I was actually an employee of Blockbuster at the time they had this in place and it was very much taken advantage of by many customers. They stopped doing that at the time the American Blockbuster company was about to go bankrupt.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
The McDonalds back in my old town had a sign that said "60 seconds from the time you pay till you're on your way, or your next order is free!" Me and a buddy challenged them on it and they said that the corporate office makes them have those signs posted but nobody actually times it so they can't uphold their promise. Thats false advertising, maybe even bait and switch.

They lie. I pulled a summer shift back in the day at the McD's at home one year in-between semesters. There's a digital counter installed in every location - typically located right above the window, and you can usually see it from the front counter. that actually beeps at them and flashes when they exceed the time limit. It reports to the central DB as well. Problem is, they installed a switch on it for turning it off outside of business hours. Guess when that gets used. heh
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I remember the Taco Bell I lived by years ago had so many problems with employees scamming the register that they installed a digital sign under the pickup window with the total and a sign that said "If you're asked to pay a different amount than what is displayed here call 1800... for a free meal".
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Arby's restaurant in my old town had a sign kind of like that. It just showed your total, then after you pay it showed how much change you should have gotten.

I remember a story a while back where a guy was selling pot at the KFC drive up window. The secret code word was something like "and extra cole slaw" or something similar. So if you said that, the guy slipped a baggy of weed in your order and you slipped him a little extra cash. The problem was though that someone legitimately wanted extra cole slaw...but she got a different kind of salad.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is not enough fast food takeaway options here like the ones you lot have.

I don't often go for them too much, but if i did there really is only one or two options with the drive through and they are Burger King and McDonalds. In the US and Canada from what i gather you guys have McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell...there was another i cannot remember the name of though.

Even in Australia they have McDonalds and Burger King (although they are called something else there) and Red Rooster.

Not that i can complain too much, we do get Subway and other decent places like that.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wendys is one of the few that doesn't give me the runs. And Taco Bell and Taco Johns are just disgusting.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing that blew my mind was this:

Quote:
If the girls leave one item out..
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Totally didn't even catch that. Good eye.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
How can you eat food that doesn't rot when it is left out? Thats just disgusting.

Why are you rotting your food before you eat it? That's just weird. :P
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

You joker.....

Really that isn't any different than buying frozen finger food from the grocery store. Have you ever looked what was in the ingredients of some precooked frozen buffalo wings and compared it to a recipe for homemade buffalo wings? The frozen ones are a lot less appetizing.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your making my hungry.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

...and a little bit of homemade buttermilk ranch dressing, celery, and a bloody mary.....
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

wasn't there another video from a girl who went to mcdonalds and ate and lost weight?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts