Michael Jackson Dies

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not confirmed, but seems to be alot of websites suggesting Michael Jackson has died today. Latoya Jackson ran into hospital in tears.

Shame, had a great career.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup my wife just called me and let me know too. I see its on CNN and TMZ, and many other places as well.

That is sad news :(
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

They are now saying he isn't dead but in a coma after a cardiac arrest.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, LA Times saying he was confirmed just after 3pm.

Some news sites will have sources that others don't, so it will all be confirmed when there is a press conference which i imagine will be within the next couple of hours.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah reports seem to be conflicting. About ten minutes ago on CNN it said he died, but they keep updating it and now they changed it from him dying to being in a coma.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

And now CNN changed it back to died. So there seems to be alot of news conflicting with each other.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, Associated Press confirming too.

That's some big news organisations saying it. BBC trying to steer clear from confirming though, obviously waiting for official confirmation.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

And just as i submit that, BBC confirms he is dead.

So, there you go. A shame, such a symbolic musician.

:(
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read somewhere he overworked himself that's why he had a cardiac arrest. He's been rehearsing hard for a series of comeback shows supposedly this coming July.

I feel like crying..
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, he had his first tour coming up in 12 years. For some reason it was 50 tour dates which is pretty extreme.

First concert of the tour was due to begin in just under two weeks time in London.
  • paraskevi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

So so so sad and shocking.. First Farah and now Michael, its so sad....

He was the first singer that I followed.. I must of been 4 years old but I adored Michael. I had his videos, his albums, his calender! I imitated him and knew all of his songs... He has had such a unique life, it is just such a shame that it ended far too early.

I blame the physical and mental stress of the new world tour. He wasn't ready for that.

The world loves you Michael!!! You will always live on through your creativity and all that you gave us.

Rest in peace, King of pop
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was one of those moments when you'll remember exactly where you were and what you were doing the moment you heard/saw the news. I can't say I was a huge Jackson fan, however there is no denying his contributions to the world with his music. He was indeed the King of Pop and there is no replacing him.

R.I.P Michael Jackson. You will be missed by the world.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Yeah, he had his first tour coming up in 12 years.

From what I've read, he's been in pretty bad physical condition for a while. I'd heard on TV that during his tour show, he was only going to be on the stage for 11 minutes, so they were scrambling to figure out how to fill the rest of the time.
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas
  • Loc: AFK

Post 3+ Months Ago

This guy had children in his bed... and said it was perfectly ok to do so. If this isn't a sick person. I don't know what is. Maybe the world is a better place now.

ATNO/TW wrote:
R.I.P Michael Jackson. You will be missed by the world.

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
This guy had children in his bed... and said it was perfectly ok to do so. If this isn't a sick person. I don't know what is. Maybe the world is a better place now.

Yes, he had issues. I won't argue that. However, he did have a great impact on the culture and music industry spanning across several countries. That's an
accomplishment that marks the times of a better person.

Despite MJ's misguided choices, which I do not condone, defend, or agree with, he still deserves a bit of respect. He will no longer hurt anyone, including himself. IMHO, we should leave it at that.

When I go, I hope I won't be remembered only by the cynics and critics for the bad things that I've done over my lifetime. I'd like to think that I'll be remembered for the good that I've managed by the people who love, respect, and understand me.

I (admittedly, it's sometimes mistakenly) give all Ozzuians the benefit of the doubt up front. However, I'd like to keep my ignorant belief. In the interest of that faith, I'd like to recommend that this thread stays flame-free.

Anyone who still feels compelled to post that "MJ was a creepy freak" comment, stop and think about where you were the first time you heard Thriller and consider just how many of his songs you can still recall.

If you still have the urge, then go ahead and share your flame with us. Just know that I'll judge you based on your thoughts just as you've done to Michael Jackson. If the thought of being judged upsets you, then don't be a hypocrite. Pay your respects or please kindly move along and let those of us who wish to do so gather here.
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is this a censored forum? If so, please send me a PM and let me know and I'll kindly and quietly move on. If not, then I do not consider what I've posted above as a "flame".

It is definetly undisputed facts.

As far as remembering someone by the good they've done. I agree. Unless of course, you have minor children in your bed. I also would judge rapists and woman beaters in the same way.

If MJ had done something like drinking and driving or cheating on his taxes, I'd probably keep my mouth shut. But I'm so tired of everyone saying "RIP Mike, great guy!"

What about the children he damaged that are still alive.

Once again, I will reiterate, if this is a censored forum and the admin i.e. BWM wants me to edit or remove my posts, I will politely and quietly do so and move on.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. We shared our opinions for all to read. Now you've shared yours. You've participated. Job well done.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

The last I heard he was exonerated of all child molestation charges so unless you know otherwise and can prove it without a shadow of a doubt there really is no debate. I agree it was all a bit creepy but without substantial proof there is no argument, it is all speculation.
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
The last I heard he was exonerated of all child molestation charges so unless you know otherwise and can prove it without a shadow of a doubt there really is no debate. I agree it was all a bit creepy but without substantial proof there is no argument, it is all speculation.

Agreed! Who referenced child molestation? (except you)

If you are talking about me saying that he had small children in his bed. That is in fact true.

Edit to Add:

If having young children (that are not your own) in your bad with you is ok, then, would you have let YOUR children sleep over at his house? I think not!
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

RIP Michael, you will be missed. *sigh* :(

Thank god for tributes around the web!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=mic ... iew=videos
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am sorry.

I am sorry to hear this. Yes, I was, am sad about this. Michael Jackson was great.

He lost his faith with Christ. I am not preaching, please. Did anyone know about this?

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/17555/m ... kson-islam

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... kaeel.html

There are times we blame religion when things do not work right.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

If all they were doing in said bed was sleeping then where is the harm? I'm just playing devil's advocate here, I personally would not have a young child in my bed other than my own. But if all they did was sleep then I can't really say children were harmed. In a child's eyes there is no harm in sleeping. It is only us adults who see something creepy and wrong with it. The fact is we will never know what went on inside that ranch and in that bed.

Personally, if someone were to admit on national TV that they had children in their bed, i doubt they were doing anything wrong. Who would publicly admit to that if they were? I honestly feel that Michael was desperately trying to recapture his childhood and there was nothing wrong going on. But that is my two cents.

Michale Jackson has done more for this world then most can even hope for and he should be remembered for what he accomplished.
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
If all they were doing in said bed was sleeping then where is the harm?

If you really believe that, I hope that parents in your area are aware of your thoughts on the matter. They will never leave their minor children unattended around you I promise (if they know). I would personally shoot a man who I caught in bed with my child without a second thought.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are going to quote me then quote me fully
grinch2171 wrote:
I'm just playing devil's advocate here, I personally would not have a young child in my bed other than my own.
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
If you are going to quote me then quote me fully
grinch2171 wrote:
I'm just playing devil's advocate here, I personally would not have a young child in my bed other than my own.

Playing devil's advocate for alleged child molestation? That's still suspect.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Natas, could you stop or at least lower the tone of your post before you offend someone??

We now know your opinion and we respect it, try to do the same with others.

Thank you
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas

Post 3+ Months Ago

labrego wrote:
Natas, could you stop or at least lower the tone of your post before you offend someone??

We now know your opinion and we respect it, try to do the same with others.

Thank you

Of course, but since it has been an hour since my last post in the thread. I have effectively stopped, correct? If I have offended anyone, I apologize. That wasn't my intent. I just figured this was a general discussion forum and opposing views are allowed.

If you'd like I can just follow along with everyone and say "Miss Ya Mikey!"
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Natas, you're beyond the point of opposing view now. You've now becoming the instigator and I'd like to politely request one more time that you let it go. I am NOT instructing you to do anything. I am NOT telling you that you can or cannot do or say anything. This is NOT 'the man' trying to hold you down.

I AM, however, requesting (once more) person-to-person that you let others share their opinions now that you've had a chance.

If this message happens to reach you an hour or so later and you have already stopped, then I thank you. I applaud you. Now we're moving along.
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas

Post 3+ Months Ago

natas wrote:
Is this a censored forum? If so, please send me a PM and let me know and I'll kindly and quietly move on.

No need for this to continue as I've already addressed the issue hours ago. But since that request has been implemented in the public fora instead of requested PM. I will honor it as stated above. Sorry for the Mike bashing. Popular opinion rule!
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jackson has been dead since the 80's really.
A nobody except a circus show for the media.

Yeah he was good back in the 70-80's. So was big hair and bellbottoms.

Move along imo, he has no real legacy. His "marriages" shameful, his children will not have a father, etc.

He settled out of court for the one allegation btw..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 54 posts