Microsoft driving me NUTS

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just bought a ZUNE... NOWHERE in the manual does it say how to add specifically the songs that YOU want. Yeah, double click on a song in the Collection and Music tabs what does it do? Sync ALL of the frigging mother*bleep*ing song. GAH!!! Oh yeah, I got 257 songs in that damng thing. I want to sync 77 of them right now. How do I do that? They are all different authors (Well, not all, its like 5 albums or more) in there.

I want to rip a CD and put it in my ZUNE. I have no idea how to do that. Oh, click RIP CD.. What? It goes to some folder on my computer? Not to ZUNE? Darn!

Microsoft just has to make it harder for people to live god damn it...

Why doesn't it work like other MP3 players? Which work like storage devices? Go to My Computer, Drive G, Musics and right click and paste. Wow that was easy

No Microsoft has to make a ZUNE with NO INSTRUCTIONS WHATSOEVER (in manuals that come with ZUNE) on how to add musics that you specifically want and don't want without 3 hours of searching that doesn't yield any results.

If any of you are ZUNE users and know how to do that, please do what Microsoft failed to do... instruct me on easy steps on how to do that... I'm really pissed off right now at Microsoft. First Microsoft Windows, now this... what's next? A leaf???

Oh, zune.net... go to forums... I SEE FAQ!!! YEAH!!! Oh... its a faq on the forum... not the product itself...

Oh SUPPORT oh yeah... awesome it gives information about the product this time... wait what? You tell me I can choose? Awesome!!! I can now sit here for 5 more hours double clicking on 77 musics or so, so I can add awesome great... why can I not just choose from which folder I want to sync the musics from? WHY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God help me I'm getting really pissed off...

Please help me. Microsoft just has to make things unusually HARD... Gotta drop them a line
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dropped them a line or two or three...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I seem to have figured out how to use it... just makes it harder to create playlists when the collection grows... oh well... if anyone knows of any easier way to do this task than it would be great :D
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm glad some other companies have emerged in recent years who have taken advantage of Microsoft flaws.

Apple in particular are just creating the stuff that people actually want and are actually making it as easy and problem free as possible. Granted there have been problems on some iPods, but overall i am very much in love with the company.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Zune and I have no problem at all syncing music. In the Zune software your collection is broken down into three columns. Artists, Albums, Songs. You don't have to double click to sync. You can also right click and sync as well. So all you need to do is select which songs you want to add by clicking them and then right click and select sync with device. That is it, it isn't difficult.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never said that part was difficult grinch. I said it could take hours. And if I have a lot of songs on my Zune (such as 257) It would be really hard to see which ones I already have and don't have.
  • jolly_web
  • jolly_web

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
I'm glad some other companies have emerged in recent years who have taken advantage of Microsoft flaws.

Apple in particular are just creating the stuff that people actually want and are actually making it as easy and problem free as possible. Granted there have been problems on some iPods, but overall i am very much in love with the company.

iPods have had trouble in the past, but it's looking like they are getting it right nowadays.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
I never said that part was difficult grinch. I said it could take hours. And if I have a lot of songs on my Zune (such as 257) It would be really hard to see which ones I already have and don't have.

It took me 20 minutes to sync 1200 songs to my Zune when I first bought it. It isn't difficult.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where they the first ones and only ones in the lists? Have you tried rooting through a *beep* load of songs looking for the ones that are only found in 1 folder on your computer but mixed in all together in the program with many other songs?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I keep my music files very organized. I have about 28 GB of music on my PC and I have an 8GB Zune so I had to root through 28 GB of music to determine which 8GB were going to grace my Zune. Took 20 minutes.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I keep mine pretty organized as well, it just most of the songs don't have identifiable album names, authors or even names :x

Thanks though... I wish music on ZUNE can have folders and not only pictures... oh well
  • Sumen
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Rochester or Albany, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I bought a Zune to give as a gift. Put a LOT of songs on it before I gave it to them...I have about 80GB of music at this point, and I handpicked the albums/artists looking through the whole thing.
It was easy, quick...and almost made me decide to keep the thing. I was suprised at how great it was, especially for the price. The only problem I could find with the thing is that it was a little bulky

then again I make sure all my music is organized AND tagged...don't know what the experience is like with a large library that isn't like that
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess it's just me than.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts