Microsoft takes new approach in licensing

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Recently, Microsoft confirmed that Windows 7 will be offered in a 'family pack'. The pack will allow you to install the Home Premium version on up to 3 PC's. Several blogs have already pointed out that Apple has been offering OS X in a similar fashion for 7 years now. Smart move for Microsoft?

Source: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10292332-56.html?tag=newsEditorsPicksArea.0
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agaaaaaaaaaain, M$ is taking something that already exists and saying it is theirs. Like that handy dandy search thing in vista that they are so proud of, it is damn near identical to spotlight.

The whole "Home Basic" and "Business Edition" and "Ultimate" is a crock too, why not just copy OS X and have the one version for every purpose and keep things simple?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
The whole "Home Basic" and "Business Edition" and "Ultimate" is a crock too, why not just copy OS X and have the one version for every purpose and keep things simple?

Introducing the revolutionary Microsoft Windows OneVersion(tm). Featuring our patented OneVersion(tm) technology, Microsoft puts the power of a single version of Windows in your hand.

Starting at $599.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate windows.

Still hate it. A lot.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Introducing the revolutionary Microsoft Windows OneVersion(tm). Featuring our patented OneVersion(tm) technology, Microsoft puts the power of a single version of Windows in your hand.

Starting at $599.

Available in Starter, Standard, and Ultimate Editions.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I still hate microsoft.

I'm starting to not like dell either. I got a bunch of new computers for work and there is that first boot setup thing and one of them keeps crashing at the same point during that setup process, so its getting mailed back to dell for a replacement. I like warranties.
  • shanlee
  • shanlee
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

MS is not good in providing stable OS but it is good in how to make people addicted to its OS. easy availability has made it so popular. most people start learning computer through Microsoft window and a big % never been able to change there OS.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

And a big part of it is that people think that since you have to pay for it and it is expensive, it must be better than the cheaper operating systems or the free ones. Its just like the difference between a brand new Rolls Royce or an old beater Volkswagen Beatle, they're both good and both have their upsides but one is more favorable than the other.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wish mac would sell their os to the consumer. The only reason I don't have a mac is because I can't build my own machine and install it. I like to have control over what is in my tower.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well actually.....you can build your own machine and have OS X. Google search hackintosh.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts