Microsoft & Yahoo enter partnership

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been reading about it, seen Yahoo deny it, and thought to myself, "You must be crazy not to take the offer". It looks like Yahoo has finally decided to enter a partnership with Microsoft.

Quote:
Microsoft and Yahoo reached a long-awaited partnership Wednesday in a bid to challenge Google's dominance in online search.

Under the 10-year deal, searches on Yahoo.com will be powered by Microsoft's new Bing search engine. Yahoo, in turn, will be responsible for attracting premium advertisers.

Microsoft will pay Yahoo 88% of the revenue it gains from searches on Yahoo's sites. Microsoft will also have the rights to integrate Yahoo search technology into its own existing Web search platforms.

Source: CNN Money
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very interesting indeed. I wonder how worried Google is? People seem to be really liking Bing. I tried it a few times and wasn't all that impressed.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll take Bing over Yahoo for the time being. It sends more people to my websites and those people tend to stick around longer.

I still search with Google because of the light-weight home page without all of the bells and whistles though.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually very interesting news this, although not entirely convinced it will cause any major problems too google.

Google will always be the number one search engine, it's a case of yahoo/Microsoft to come up with something new, different or better if they are to have any chance on changing the preffered search engine.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also prefer bing over yahoo. Although I don't see myself switching from Google anytime soon. I should probably try out bing a little bit more. I honestly haven't used it that much.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest I have not tried bing at all. Never try any search engine other than google, just got into the habit of googling things.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's another article from Business Week:
http://www.businessweek.com/technology/ ... 826397.htm
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am interested in the effects of the ppc marketing for each. I don't know if any of you use Yahoo Search Marketing for PPC, but the interface is terrible. I would love to have one interface (MSN Adcenter is fine) that handles both Yahoo and MSN advertising. On the flip-side, many advertisers don't take part in both ppc's so this could very well drive up competition and costs in both.
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Goodluck with their partnership.
  • TopTraffic
  • TopTraffic.org
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jenie0109 wrote:
Goodluck with their partnership.

so...there is a story in my native country about 3 shepherds that are friends and they are originating each from a different province of the county .

Everyone of them have an amount of sheep equal. Someday during the night 2 of them makes a partnership and kill the 3'th that was sleeping .( Of course in the ballad called "Miorita" in each province the story was said as the sheppard from that area was betrayed)

I will bet on goggle though , regardless the economical power witch the other two have

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts