Mirroring Software

• ITguy31
  • ITguy31

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am looking for a software that when running it gives you a littler box to drag what windows you want into it to display them on a second monitor. I dont remember the name of the software so if anyone has any idea what I am talking about please PM me or post it. Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Windows does this automatically as long as you have two monitors.
  • ITguy31
  • ITguy31

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
Windows does this automatically as long as you have two monitors.

windows vista and windows xp does this automatically? I dont want the entire screen to be mirrored because of privacy issues. I just want it to be that whatever i drag into the screen is what the student will see.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, here's what to do ...

1. plug in the second monitor.
2. it may automatically detect it and display an extension of the screen on the second monitor, if not, right click on your desktop and click on properties.
3. In XP, click on the "display settings" tab. In Vista, click on the "display settings" link ...
4. Inside there you'll see two screens (little pictures), click on the second one and check the "extend my desktop onto this monitor" checkbox, which will then extend the desktop onto that monitor.
5. you can also drag those screens around (with your mouse) so that the second monitor is either to the left, right, top or below the primary monitor ...
  • ITguy31
  • ITguy31

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand how the dual monitors work. I cant think of an easy way to explain the situation lol. I work for a University and in our cashiers office, we would like to be able to show students who come in how much the owe for books and such but we want to be able to choose what they see on the monitor facing them. So we have a monitor facing them and one facing the employee. There is a program out there that provides you with a box when the software is running so you can see what the student sees in there screen but it also gives the drag and drop option into that window while the employee can still see there entire desktop. So we can drag what windows we want the student to see with out seeing all the information the screen that they do not need to see.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know nVidia video drivers have a feature where you can specify what screen applications open on, I think it is called nView. And you can also drag and drop windows between screens just like you can with Windows default dual monitor display. Then there is Ultramon, not sure if this is what you were referring to.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts