Missing link -- discovered?

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone notice Google's image today?

It stems from a story I read yesterday where scientists claim to have discovered in Germany, the illusive "missing link"

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... found.html

Quote:
In a new book, documentary, and promotional Web site, paleontologist Jorn Hurum, who led the team that analyzed the 47-million-year-old fossil seen above, suggests Ida is a critical missing-link species in primate evolution (interactive guide to human evolution from National Geographic magazine).

Quote:
The fossil, he says, bridges the evolutionary split between higher primates such as monkeys, apes, and humans and their more distant relatives such as lemurs.

"This is the first link to all humans," Hurum, of the Natural History Museum in Oslo, Norway, said in a statement. Ida represents "the closest thing we can get to a direct ancestor."

I'm sorry, I don't know where these guys get their imaginations, but it still looks like a small dead monkey to me.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw that thing in Google. I thought it was for the Memorial Holiday weekend or something.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow... didn't expect to see that...
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just don't get it. How did that thing became our ancestor?!
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know about it being a "missing link," but saying it's in our greatly extended family tree wouldn't be too hard to grasp. Considering all life on earth supposedly started from prokaryotes.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

And of course, the Christian nutjobs on the Internet are all pissed off about Google's logo. Because, you know, it affects them so much.

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=93704

Some of my favorite quotes:

Quote:
I almost threw my laptop it made me soooooooooo mad! Made me wonder what the logo would look like after we're taken outta here!

Quote:
I never use liberal Google either.

Quote:
This is just disgusting.
Disgusting.

And the best by far:

Quote:
Oh, I'd just leave the Darwin-worshippers to bask in their own ignorance. They're wise in their own eyes and, sadly, don't realize that they are first-rate fools. One day soon, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father....including Charles Darwin, Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens.

Don't let that Google logo bother you. Like the athiests who were behind that silly billboard not too long ago, they're only advertising their own stupidity. How embarrassing for them. This gorgeous universe is a testament to God's glory and magnificence. There will be no one without excuse on the day of judgment.

:lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts