T-Mobile trying to steal iphone peeps?

• dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
T-Mobile: If you like, you can use the iPhone with T-Mobile.
Me: in the US?
T-Mobile: Yes.
Me: what are the rate plans?
T-Mobile: You can get regular rate plans for it, you would just need a data feature. One thing though, we cannot guarantee the data will work on the iPhone, but generally people who have it do have a good success rate.
Me: so the 3g will not work?
Me: but may?
T-Mobile: Yes.
Me: how much are the data plans?
T-Mobile: The Data plans are $39.99
Me: does it do visual voicemail?
T-Mobile: visual voicemail?
Me: visual voicemail is part of the data package from att
T-Mobile: I don't believe so no
Me: ok well I think i will stick with AT&T then

Apple know about this? hmm.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If this is real, T-Mobile is setting themselves up for a lot of trouble. This violates all sort of hardware, software, and service licensing agreements.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah T-mobile rep told me the same thing when I said I was switching to ATT for an iphone. Person I talked to also didn't know what visual voicemail was and told me that "of course it would be 3g speeds" The problem is that the t-mobile coverage maps don't show any 3G within 500 miles of me (I live right in the middle of Minnesota). They also offered me $200 to break an ATT contract to switch to t-mobile. Funny thing is I didn't have an ATT contract at the moment... Anyhow it seems like iPhone exclusivity is really hurting everyone else.

EDIT: As of this week they're showing 3G in my area. Strange.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It does sound like something telemarketers for any mobile service provider would do.

The salespeople in the brick-and-mortar stores for mobile companies are some of the most aggressive I've ever seen.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ugh, no kidding. The local Verizon store has tried to dupe me twice. Once over adding a line and again telling me a phone I wanted was out of stock in the warehouse but the shiny, more expensive one was, of course, available in mass quantities. heh Thankfully, I can detect BS pretty well so I just went online and ordered what I wanted.

Fool me once, well, you know how it goes. I won't go back to them again.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll stick with Sprint and skip all the fancy stuff. They've been 100% reliable for the dozen years I've had service.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would be awesome if there was some sort of device you could carry with you for a few days that recorded signal strength from all of the mobile providers in the area. That would make it easy to chose which carrier to go with.

When I say some sort of device, I mean one that isn't going to cost you an arm and a leg or require special knowledge. It would just have an on/off switch and a way to read the statistics or upload them to a computer or website.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Same here, I am happy with my Verizon. I really don't get the appeal of the touch screens anyways. My fat fingers don't play well with on-screen keyboards. I'll stick to my flip qwerty Alias 2 with e-keys that doesn't cost me a fortune every month! :)
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Joebert is onto a patentable idea!

Imagine instead of a consumer device, a "company" goes around (or sends the device to certain people for a month period while they travel around their lives) and records all the info and uses google maps to reliably show coverage, you could have different layers toggle for each carrier...

Site is free advertising would be $$$

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts