• htcorp

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just for relaxing :)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Same here, usually about $750 a paycheck, paid twice a month, so around $1500 a month. It's not much, but this is my first full time job after college, so I'm not suppose to be making a million a year.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

£750. Assistant cook while at collage :P
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Currently just under $2300 a paycheck paid twice a month (that is USD). This is about to change though :D
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

I make 10 grand a month. But I hate my job so bad.

On the other hand I just bought a new ZX-14

I almost quit last week. I think I will almost quit this week. But the money is real, and it's really good.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

10 grand a month???????? What job are you in
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Php programming. And some C++

Almost all PHP though
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

$10,000 a month, Jesus If i was you i would never leave that job :)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man, if I made even half that, I would save up enough to move out of this good for nothing dump Nebraska and go to heaven on earth...western Montana.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

or go to the best place in the world, The UK LOL :P
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • spork
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually would like to eventually get out of the US and travel Europe for a while after I graduate.

Wait, I need money for that? Crap.

</off-topic>

I currently make $0/month. I'm a full time student with no job at the moment.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

in the US dont people who go to collage get paid for going? I know here in the UK we have a system called EMA. £30.00 a week its not much i know. Im just curious.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I hate the job, but I got one of these on Saturday.

general-discussion/nice-knowing-you-all-t86145.html

It makes me feel a bit better about my job....
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

are you trying to promote your thread or something lol :P
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, just bragging that I got a new bike. It's blue. I love it. Where is your blue bike? ;-)
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

WHOOO!!! Its blue and WAY better than yours :D
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

my Yamaha DT is blue and red, does that count? :P
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
in the US dont people who go to collage get paid for going? I know here in the UK we have a system called EMA. £30.00 a week its not much i know. Im just curious.

Ha! I wish! I had $1750 worth of scholarships during my two years of community college, and that covered less than a quarter of the total, and what it didn't cover my parents paid about half and I paid the rest, and I bought all my own books NEW because there were no used books, my cheapest college book was about $80 I think. So going to college usually ends up costing us money rather than making it. And tuition is going up up up too, so that really isn't helping.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wait in the uk Im sure you dont pay for collage until you are 19 or 21 i will have to look that one up, SO you have to pay to go to collage?
  • egranville
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

3K - 3.5K building webapplications and identities for small to medium sized companies. In europe, but life's also more expesive over here

I'm flabbergasted every time I build some webapp/shop for a friend and they go and earn 30+k. I'm happy for them but, hell, I want in too. :?
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think everyone wants in when that kind of money is involved :P
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know about that. My apartment is pretty sparse mostly because I don't have the cash to go out buying big screens and leather couches and all that shiny stuff. I kind of like living on the cheap, it kind of keeps things in perspective. Usually about one full paycheck is almost enough to get me by for the entire month (rent and utilities, phone and internet, gasoline, groceries...beer) so the other paycheck either goes to savings or jeep parts or gets invested.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

// sweet kc ... I love your jeep lights (location) ...

I earn about R5000 a month ... but at the end of this month I am getting a raise so I have no idea what it will be then ... but I have my own company aswell where I make an average of about another R5000 a month for now ... so let's call it R10k ... and that works out to about $1250 a month (US) ...
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

RT, this is off topic but i love your sig lol i took it off now :(
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, thanks! I got bored and started goofing off one day and that was the best I could come up with.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey Kc0tma, do you have a picture of your jeep?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do! But it is at home on my laptop and I am at work on this dang blasted 7 year old XP clunker. So I'll stick it in my photobucket page then send you a linkadinkdink for it.
  • htcorp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • htcorp

Post 3+ Months Ago

I earn < $1000 only per mons.Poor me ! :D
  • joebert
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Big money never lasts. I laugh when I see people making a ton of money spending it on stupid things.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

htcorp wrote:

It really doesn't matter if someone makes millions a month or not, to me it just counts if someone can enjoy life. To me, that's what it's all about.
  • Puneet Thakkar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

is this earning via online ??? or some job out there ?

because i go for a job out and also earn money online as a side income ;)
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
htcorp wrote:

It really doesn't matter if someone makes millions a month or not, to me it just counts if someone can enjoy life. To me, that's what it's all about.

You are sooooo right. I am making "big money", but almost every night when I go home I scream in the car and yank my hair. I totally hate this job but I need the money now.

When I started I gave myself a goal of "I just need to make it 6 months". That goal will be reached on March 23. Only 10 more days of pain left.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

why just 6 months if you dont mind me asking?
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
You are sooooo right. I am making "big money", but almost every night when I go home I scream in the car and yank my hair. I totally hate this job but I need the money now.

I second that. I made a huge career mistake and found myself in my early 30's with a comfortable life doing a job I truly hated, it made me ill with stress :( I eventually quit but be warned; took me 4 years of incredibly hard slog to get back some sort of financial security :S
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

$8-9K a month, but that is from my SEO job, freelance SEO I do, and SEO for my family's jewelry businesses...god I am getting sick of SEO...but the wife loves purses and handbags, so looks like I can't stop.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do you make that much cash doing basically just one thing? The reason I ask is because tomorrow is payday, so we got pay stubs today, and my boss accidently handed me his and I got a glimpse of $1,700 before he realized his boo-boo, which is quite a bit less than I expected it to be since he is the department head. He does have his officers retirement pay and all the medical benefits and disability from when he was in the Marines (capitalized for grinch :) ) but that still seems pretty low.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well it's one thing, but 3 different ways of getting paid.

The SEO full time job is salary.
The SEO freelance is hourly.
The SEO family business job is comission based.

I am working 60+ hours a week though.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
why just 6 months if you dont mind me asking?

I took into consideration a home equity loan that I wanted to pay off, my total mortage costs during the time to pay off the loan, and some "gravy".

At first I thought 3 months (30 grand), but then I thought if I could just stick it out for 6 months that would be an easy 60K in my pocket and I would have no home equity loan, a new bike, new computer, and some gravy.Just enough to get back to my web businesses.

The key was the gravy. How long can I stick it out and collect "gravy" from a job I hate.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

ah ok, what do you plan on doing when you leave this job then mate?
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

camperjohn wrote:
Just enough to get back to my web businesses...

As above.

I was doing really well with my websites, then not so well, then good, then bad. But the income from those websites, plus this job, plus a roommate, plus a $30,000 programming contract that was done while working this job, plus my dad died and left me a tonne of cash...means I should have enough of a float to try again to build a successful website business.

JM
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

well I wish you good luck dude :P
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
$8-9K a month, but that is from my SEO job, freelance SEO I do, and SEO for my family's jewelry businesses...god I am getting sick of SEO...but the wife loves purses and handbags, so looks like I can't stop.

:lol:

joebert wrote:
Big money never lasts. I laugh when I see people making a ton of money spending it on stupid things.

Our contract java programming earns pretty big $ and we've spent most of it wisely ;) :lol:
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

camperjohn wrote:
camperjohn wrote:

As above.

I was doing really well with my websites, then not so well, then good, then bad. But the income from those websites, plus this job, plus a roommate, plus a $30,000 programming contract that was done while working this job, plus my dad died and left me a tonne of cash...means I should have enough of a float to try again to build a successful website business.

JM

If I were you, I'd probably stick for another 6 months, John. A website business isn't easy I think. Why have you done from good to bad, and swung about. No offense, really. Maybe you should go with the business as well while working for that company and wait till your business can cover your expenses steadily. I mean, if you stopped, you stop receiving, accumulating your 401k for your future retirement. That's the downsides of running a business if it didn't go as expected and downhill. We don't have 401k retirement benefits here, but just as same in every country I think, we have something that does the same job, to ensure a lum sum in our retirement account. We call it Employee Provident Fund here. Still, I wish you all the best regardless which route you're taking.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

George L. wrote:
camperjohn wrote:
camperjohn wrote:

As above.

JM

If I were you, I'd probably stick for another 6 months, John. A website business isn't easy I think. Why have you done from good to bad, and swung about. No offense, really. Maybe you should go with the business as well while working for that company and wait till your business can cover your expenses steadily. I mean, if you stopped, you stop receiving, accumulating your 401k for your future retirement. That's the downsides of running a business if it didn't go as expected and downhill. We don't have 401k retirement benefits here, but just as same in every country I think, we have something that does the same job, to ensure a lum sum in our retirement account. We call it Employee Provident Fund here. Still, I wish you all the best regardless which route you're taking.

I agree. The website business is much more competitive then it was even 2 years ago and I have been doing this since 99...every year it gets harder for me and I am an SEO. I know it sucks, but I would get this web business started while staying at your current job. I mean if it's in a competitive business, it could be a here until your profitable. But if you work to build it up and still have another source of income, I think it work a lot better for you...
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

>>If I were you, I'd probably stick for another 6 months, John. A
>>website business isn't easy I think. Why have you done from good
>>to bad, and swung about.

I think you're right. Even though I now have "gravy" enough to support myself for a bit, I should make sure I have enough gravy squared.

Also, the economy is supposedly in a slump, so take the cash while it's available.

Gravy buys alot of bandwidth too!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 47 posts