• Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

that was pretty sick...
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

These people shouldn't be discriminated and isolated. They need help and support. Imagine that happening to you.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

if it was happening to me, I'd still think it's pretty sick. Didn't say I was discriminating against them; but that's my reaction when seeing something like that. Seeing 50 tumors on a guys face and reading a description that states they are basically blood pockets gives me a nauseous feeling.
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not referring to you. LOL
I said that for the general public.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

oooooh, lol ok. my bad
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whats most sad is that a lot of these people are from third world countries where by the time anyone actually acknowledges that the person needs help, it is either too late or it is a HUGE task to undertake.

And believe it or not I can actually relate to the fibroma guys a little bit. I have a small growth on my left shoulder, but it isn't cancerous. I had my doctor look at it a few years ago and he pinched it and poked it and rubbed it around in his fingers and knew exactly what it was. He called it dermo fibrosis, a fancy phrase for scar tissue. He asked if I had gotten a deep cut or anything recently, and I had. He told me it was just an excessive bit of scar tissue and it is nothing to worry about and that in time it would eventually whither away, and it is smaller now than it was then.
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why won't you just scrape it off?
Wouldn't that be easier?
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, I wonder if that's what my "wart" was on my palm. I always thought it was a wart; it looks like a wart, felt like a wart, lasted for 3 years like a wart. But the way it came to be was it grew over a stab wound from a pencil. And it eventually flaked off.

Does that sound like "dermo fibrosis," kc?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

What my doctor explained it to me as is that when I fell and sliced my shoulder open and it started healing, it created too much scar tissue and that is why it made the little bump on my skin. Back then it was about 3/8 inches long and 1/4 inch wide, and maybe an eight of an inch high or so. Nowadays it is a little smaller than a quarter inch round and just barely sticks up at all. He said it was nothing to worry about, and cutting it off wouldn't make it any different so I kept it. Its my own special little friend.

Your stab wound just sounds like maybe it was some thick calloused skin or something that grew over the wound, but it might be the same thing. Mine has never fell off or scraped off, its just gradually been getting smaller and smaller.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
Its my own special little friend.

:lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts