Motorola Droid specs hit the web

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man, I'm ready for this phone to come out. Sad part is, I'm already Verizon so I'll have to wait on contract to come up - by that time the phone might be affordable. The good part is that I can stick with their network and get a phone that finally appeals to me as worthwhile.

PR stunt or not, I'm happy to see these features and numbers ahead of time so that I know to keep an eye on it.

Quote:
Specifications for Verizon's Android-powered Motorola DROID have surfaced before the device has been officially announced, after Motorola published a page for the new smartphone ahead of schedule yesterday. Though the information is unconfirmed, the specs are likely final.

Source: MobileBurn.com
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's the big hype with this Droid phone? not heard much about it, and the way you go on about it it's as if it could be better than the likes of the Apple iPhone.

I should really just read that link, but time is not something i have much of at the moment.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think anyone's going to outdo the iPhone hardware-wise. It's going to be the service provider and freedom of application selection on another device that's going to end up giving Apple a run for their money.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
A 16GB microSD card is also included with the device.

So it's not a phone then? lol
I've never needed even close to that on a phone. But if you want to do everything but talk.......
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it was a Sony Erickson device advertised on the TV which was being shown as a camera with a good megapixel size yet it had facebook applications plus others on it too which gave me the impression it was a phone being advertised as a camera.

So, if this is the case then it's the first time a company has accepted that it might be in there interest to start advertising their phone product as more of a hardware device that does everything rather than it being advertised as a phone. Just like an all in one printer/scanner/fax machine...it's not advertised as one set product as it does more than one thing.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

droid has a few nice features (via Boy Genius):
one of the fastest processors available with separate GPU,
5mp camera with flash,
large high quality screen,
first device to ship with Android 2.0

hardware wise it actually does top the iphone 3GS. Does that mean it'll kill the iphone? probably not but thats why everyone is geeking out about it.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everyone's failed to mention the one feature that I've found most appealing:

NO appstore! Third party open-source solutions, here I come.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm looking forward to it becoming available. I don't live where you can use an iphone (no AT&T) so this would open up a bunch of new "phone stuff" for me.
  • djbrown
  • Born
  • Born
  • djbrown

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi..I think Sony Erickson device is a good megapixel size.
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas
  • Loc: AFK

Post 3+ Months Ago

droiddoes dot com
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can concur, as I am holding my Droid (no euphemism there) in my hand right now. ;)
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got to play with a Droid last night. Neato.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

My buddy at work got one and it is sick. I definitely have phone envy.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm going to have to make some calls and maybe drop my current phone in the toilet..........

You guys that already have it, is it living up to the hype?
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

For me, it most definitely is.

I have already used the navigation suite... flipping between turn by turn and satellite view is very cool. Then switching to street view to see your turn, outstanding.

Running multiple apps, the resolution (twice that of any other device) ....

I am completely satisfied.
  • inbreakable
  • Born
  • Born
  • inbreakable

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have the droid and I have to say it is insanely fast and very responsive. Spec wise the droid does beat the iphone. Android 2.0 uses less resources to run that iphone os and even the the cpus are the same architecture and the iphone clock speed is faster. The droid has a separate gpu which frees up a lot of processing power. I like the fact the droid is a little underclocked i tired seeing if i could get it hot even on a call with programs in the background and plugged in the phone never felt hot unlike the iphone when you use it too long it can get really hot.
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: WebHost.pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm really close to switching over from my Iphone, att sucks and I like the better camera and real keyboard.
  • inbreakable
  • Born
  • Born
  • inbreakable

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would my friend has an iphone and hates the network. I honestly don't have any of these problems with my droid as what some people are saying. physical keyboard is really nice i like it and the screen one works great to. A new update for the droid will be released dec 11 to fix some problems. I love it so far just remember that the market isnt just for the moto droid but it has apps for out android phones like g1 and the hero

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts