Movie: Dirty Pretty Things.

• She God
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: California (Land Of The Cackling Sun)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went to see it mainly because Audrey Tautou was it in, but ended up loving it in its entirety. ( I really liked it her “Amélie”, which you all should see, and “Happenstance”) I always like going to movies that have interesting characters, too bad the American film industry is going down the toilet. (Although sometimes we get some really good ones. I loved “Adaptation” so damn much)

Anyhow, it’s a British drama movie, I don’t think I’ve seen one of those in a long while. The majority of the characters aren’t even British, put immagrents in the movie, so it makes things interesting. It’s actually the first movie I’ve seen Audrey Tautou speaking English.

Anyhow, I usually can’t decribe movies without giving a lot away, so I’ll just copy and paste the vauge review a site gave it.
Quote:
A thriller set in London's secret underworld, where everything is for sale. A young man (Ejiofor) and a Turkish chambermaid (Tautou) both work at the same West London hotel -- a breeding ground for illegal activity. They are put to the test when the man makes a shocking discovery late one night. (Miramax Films)
So what movies have you been seeing?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

The last movie I saw was Freddy vs Jason. It was pretty good.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just saw Finding Nemo and SWAT last week. Nemo was excellent, as I
love all the Pixar movies. SWAT was good in a "mindless, no-plot action
movie."
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Freddy vs. Jason was pretty good although there was ALOT of nudity. I want to go see the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Cabin Fever both look pretty interesting.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

hrmmm, the best movie I recently saw was the ring, but the last movie I saw was league of extraordinary gent's.
  • The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

One of my favorite movies right now is Snatch. Lots of good acting and a hilarious story. And yes, Pixar never seems to make a flawed movie, maybe because Steve Jobs is so good at what he does? Adaptation was really good, after seeing it I had to go find out more about the guy, it was pretty interesting. If I see the movie you described, I'll rent it. Though I'd like to say that your movie is produced by Miramax :wink: .
  • She God
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, Pixar is great, we had a little viedo of all their stuff, and when I first heard about Toy Story, I was so happy. The funniest thing about Finding Nemo is that their pre-show animation was actually a really old one they edited. The mermaid and the other girly souvenir had *giant* breasts in the original. I mean it was funny to look at. So in Finding Nemo they went to the other side of extreme, and took them out completely. I giggled.

b_heyer - Ah, The League of extraordinary Gentlemen. The whole concept is awesome, and they could have made it so great. I liked it, but some parts were so silly I don’t even see why they bothered. Overall I had fun, but the disappointment was still there. Anyhow, was it the original Ring or the New One. I haven’t seen the new ones yet, I keep meaning to. I was just so busy when it came out.

The Shrew: Dear god, I LOVED Snatch, I think I went and saw it three times in the theaters, each time bringing a new group of people and making them watch it. Did you see Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? If you liked Snatch, you’ll also love this one. A lot of the same people are In it.

Miramax? So? Am I missing something? Not all movies under their name are awful.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i've tried watching Snatch twice, and turned it off both times. Not sure
why, but it doesn't hold my attention, nor do I see what the big deal of
it is. I should try *ssigh* again i guess. :roll: I always hear how good it
is....
  • The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know some people who can't watch Snatch simply on the face that they are offended by any cursing. Fortunitly, I am not one of those people. My math teacher once walked out of The Family Man because it depicted a nude woman behind! a shower door(The kind you can't really see through). I havn't seen Lock, Stock and Two smoking Barrels yet, but I have really wanted to. Snatch is called a sequel to that movie by alot of people. I think Guy Richie needs to start directing again.
  • She God
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn’t call it a squeal, it’s more like if every movie was a “world” Snatch and “Lock, Stock…” are based in the same one.. A few overlapping people, but in general the movie goes in a different direction. Still...it's very funny.

Don't feel too bad, UNFLUX, If you don't like it, then you don't like it. No shame in that. Don;t force youself, it'll only making the expericne every worse.

More Movies people should see:

• Punch Drunk Love : The *only* movie that Adam Sandler is in that I like. Any movie he's in I try to walk the other way as much as possible. I don't hate him, I just don't find him all that funny (and people talk like he's some comic genius). This is a very funny and almost surreal movie. He does a really good job, it surprised me!.
  • Princess Mononoke An Animated film. Japan. I usually like watching movies in their original voice, but this was Dubbed VERY nicely. Great story, fantasy, and beautiful artwork.
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou? Whatever gods there are, bless the Cohen Brothers...bless then over and over again. All their movies are good, I make it a habit to see one every time one comes out. I loved the soundtrack as well to this movie, they put a lot of effort into making it.
  • Being John Malkovich Buwhaha, Malkovich, Malkovich, Malkovich! A door into Malkovich's head in the middle of a building. I've seen this movie many wonderful times
  • skuff
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Merseyside, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Films I have seen recently

Versus - Japanese Film about zombies with guns

Ichi the Killer - Didn't have a clue what it was about

Battle Royale - I found this film hilarious but I don't think I was supposed to

Chopper - Another very funny film, the bloke from The Hulk is in it.

The Mothman Prophecies - It is very likely if you watch this film you will slip into a coma
  • She God
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Out of all of those I’ve only seen Battle Royale. It was somewhat disturbing, but then again Jr. High kids slaughing each other usually is. I think because it’s “Banned” or whatnot makes people want to see it more.

Go see Audition, end ending it hard to watch, very very hard. *shudders* I mean Battle Royale is much worse overall, yet I still think this other movie freaked me out more.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have to say that i haven't been to the cinema's too much, but on the movie channels i did see mean machine....and loved every minuet of it :wink:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts