Must be prom night / graduation night

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is first time in my nearly 5 year history with OZZU after looking in close to an hour there hasn't been a single post. So who's at proms? Who's at grad parties? Who's at weddings?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Friday nights are like that on a lot of forums.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prom was last weekend for me ;)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm at a motel in Kearney Nebraska, and they have this cool tree house-like bar called the Elephants Ear, and I just went there for a cold brew, but turned around and decided to forget about it. I'm sorry to all the college students out there, but I just cannot stand college students when you get them in more than a few in a single place. So that could be where everyone is at tonight. Shoot, there must have been a couple hundred of them out there. What is so cool about standing around talking like that? I've got to do something, I can't stay still long enough to be social.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's very cool thing to do in a party and getting crazy. Or some talent shows or something, Hmm, haven't joined one more than 5 years now, Stil in college, probably will join some or make one myself.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aren't college students suppose to be living frugally because they are broke and stuff? So why pay $4 for a beer when you could pay $9 for a 12'er and get smashed at the frat house? Oh wait, I keep forgetting that I wasn't spoiled rotten when I was in school and I actually had to pay for stuff myself instead of getting money from mom and dad. I'll tell you what, I am the same age as most of the people down there, but I sure feel old talking about them this way.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D
yeah, old.
hmm, not really, you just think more and can reason better than most teenagers

:thumbsup:
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, we decided that we needed to make another batch of Fire Water. But while we were waiting for it to infuse, we decided to drink.
  • Evenhost-PR
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
Aren't college students suppose to be living frugally because they are broke and stuff? So why pay $4 for a beer when you could pay $9 for a 12'er and get smashed at the frat house? Oh wait, I keep forgetting that I wasn't spoiled rotten when I was in school and I actually had to pay for stuff myself instead of getting money from mom and dad. I'll tell you what, I am the same age as most of the people down there, but I sure feel old talking about them this way.

For some reason the frugality method you've described does not cross their minds. Being over here for four months was very enlightening to learn how my fellow schoolmates party. I'm not a partier at all, I dislike the taste of alcohol even. It amazed me to see them talk about saving their money for drinks and cover charges rather than food! Some of them did become frugal then, though I don't know if I'll ever fully understand getting drunk before you even leave your house.

And the money from mom and dad thing depends on the college, but yes most of us (I admit that I am) are spoiled and get money from their parents.
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry I was out with my friends, it was friday night after all :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow! :lol: A person at work went to a wedding last Saturday and another from the same job went to a wedding this Saturday (Today :lol:) And a lot of people are going to some prom on Monday (I think it's on Monday... didn't catch the date :o).

I had work today... worked from 10 A.M. to 8:30 P.M. :shock:
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had the motorcycle safety course today, and this morning we were riding...in the rain. Lots and lots of pouring rain. That was miserable, there ain't no two ways about it.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah the frugality of college. Those were the days (not even a full year ago). My friends and I would attend events on campus with free food all the time and then we would usually pitch in with a friend who was a brewery science major and drink some homemade concoctions.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts