name game

• cmtusa
  • Born
  • Born
  • cmtusa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's the situation. We recently decided to change the name of our company to Feisty Dog Web Hosting. We immediately grabbed Feistydog.com, but we realized shortly after that someone (a design firm in fact) had acquired the often misspelled version (fiestydog.com). So, we quickly contacted them and, luckily, they offered to sell us the domain . . . for $1500. Well, we really can't afford that kind of purchase at this point, but we do realize that many people may look for us at the misspelled address. So, what do you think? Should we consider purchasing the domain? Is it worth it in your opinion?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mnmarkm
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Cloquet, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Chris,

Since money is a large factor, I'd let the other domain slide for now.
More important is the requirement to get the original up and live. Then there's the Search Engines submissions. And if by some chance this prospers and goes off the charts, then you can look at acquiring additional domains that redirect to your original.
I rarely contact other domain owners, inquiring if they want to sell their domain. It raises the attention level. I usually lurk and wait to swiftly purchase the expired domain.

Hope this helps...

Mark

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts