Nature Finds a Way

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would figure that I re-arranged my bedroom/office so that my chair would be in the one spot where the sunlight in the morning can go through the mango tree where I cut down a large branch last year, under the concrete of the second floor balcony, through the stairs to the second story, through the string holes of my window blinds, and right into my freaking eyes.

It only happens for about 15 minutes, long enough to be irritating, but not long enough to think about and setup something outside to keep it from happening.

Dangit !
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Buy a shade or a curtain. It's less work than moving everything again.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was thinking more along the lines of lining everything up outside and hanging a wind chime or potted plant or something in the way.

There's already horizontal blinds, and the light is shining through the little one millimeter wide holes and right in to my eyes. Putting up another shade or (cringe) curtains seems redundant.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are all sorts of blinds that do away with the holes. Buy blinds that do not have holes, that would solve the problem :)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do like vertical blinds vs horizontal. I suppose I could always keep the ones that are here now to put back when I move out. (apartment)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or just use that short time as a designated break where you drop everything a chill out for a bit.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Other than shutters, I personally like the horizontal blinds with no holes the best. Vertical blinds I think are good for sliding glass doors though.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
It only happens for about 15 minutes, long enough to be irritating, but not long enough to think about and setup something outside to keep it from happening.

I suppose doing something away from your desk for those 15 minutes is simply out of the question?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It always seems to happen right when I'm in the middle of doing something. It's as if my knees suddenly stiffen up for just a couple of seconds, but it would happen mid-stride while running.

Normally I just step away and find something else to do, but if I make a habit of doing that I'll never get anything done because I'll use it as the answer to all my problems. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts